2017 NHL Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Lay off the pipe son!

I like TVR to Carolina, shores up their 3rd pairing. I really like their whole right side.

Lay off the pipe son!

I like TVR to Carolina, shores up their 3rd pairing. I really like their whole right side.

I wonder if the concept of The avs and Carolina trading Duchene for Hanifin.

The logic of it works for both teams as the Hurricanes need to get better offensively and would still look strong defensively. The Avs seem set on changing things up and want to improve their blue line.

IM not a massive trade proposer, but that seems win win

Whoa, what a morning to wake up to. Think I'm going to sleep some more, but whoa...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I'm awake proper now.

I love the Saad/Panarin trade. I felt like Panarin was a bit of a one trick pony (in particular on the PP) and functioned best almost exclusively on the Kane line (recall him playing on other lines at times, and he completely disappeared). Panarin is a UFA in 2 years, and there is no way we would've been able to keep him. Also gotta remember we got Panarin for free in the first place, gave us a quality 2 years, but I'm not sad about losing him. Saad's two way play is going to be even more important with the loss of Hossa, and his all round game is better suited to the Hawks IMO. Another positive is that Toews does not have to have a revolving door on his left side for any longer. Not sure on Forsberg but it appears he'll be our backup, and could be a legit #1 starter in the future.

I don't know much about Murphy or Dauphin but it hurts to lose Hjalmarsson. Dude was nothing short of a warrior, but I feel like he is the type of player, that when he starts to regress, it can come quite quickly.

Last edited:
Reaves and 51 to Pittsburgh for Sundqvist and 31. Armstrong cleaning house today.

Crosby won't be getting bullied as much now, if that's any consolation to pens fans.

McKenzie had Rasmussen 9th, others had him lower. 32 goals in 50 games (WHL).
Who did you want?

The majority of his scoring was on the powerplay and at the front of the net, which is fine, if you have the players who can get the puck in the zone and to the net.

Wings need skilled playmaking centres that can carry the puck into the zone, I was extremely keen on Necas, who went to Carolina 3 picks later.

I just don't see the upside with Rasmussen, he is a manchild yet scored minimally at 5v5.

Reaves and 51 to Pittsburgh for Sundqvist and 31. Armstrong cleaning house today.

Crosby won't be getting bullied as much now, if that's any consolation to pens fans.

Nobody is going to stop giving Crosby a hard time because Reeves is in the line-up but I understand the move, Reeves is an underrated 4th liner who gets labelled as a goon by people who only notice him when he's fighting. He should play a decent role in Pittsburgh (8-10 minutes a night).

The majority of his scoring was on the powerplay and at the front of the net, which is fine, if you have the players who can get the puck in the zone and to the net.

Wings need skilled playmaking centres that can carry the puck into the zone, I was extremely keen on Necas, who went to Carolina 3 picks later.

I just don't see the upside with Rasmussen, he is a manchild yet scored minimally at 5v5.

Yep, Necas would have been a good pick.

See how this one pans out but Holland is living in the 90s with a lot of his moves and dealings lately, should be moved upstairs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back