Analysis 2017 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't we sell home games to Brisbane again? With the way the lions are going we might go undefeated up there this time round in contrast to when we originally had that deal. We could be the next big thing in QLD footy

We should knock off the suns... and we're getting better in Darwin aren't we? Maybe the humidity will confuse the traditionally dry heat crows...

If we're going to be successful, we should be able to win playing the game on the runway at Kalgoolie airport!

Not a bad result with the NT games.

We've gotta have them, so playing GC in Alice gives us a very strong chance to finally win there, and Adelaide ... well I don't think they've ever played there, so we've at least got that advantage.

Meanwhile, that confirms we play Adelaide twice next year, if the leaking of part of Adelaide's fixture is to be believed.

Can't we sell home games to Brisbane again? With the way the lions are going we might go undefeated up there this time round in contrast to when we originally had that deal. We could be the next big thing in QLD footy

Who's going to pay for that? They can't even get people to go to Brisbane games let alone an imported side.

Who's going to pay for that? They can't even get people to go to Brisbane games let alone an imported side.
You're very chatty of late, Super. Shouldn't you be leather-binding your tomes and signing them in blood while composing your booker acceptance speech?

You're very chatty of late, Super. Shouldn't you be leather-binding your tomes and signing them in blood while composing your booker acceptance speech?

I'm poised and ready to spill my blood for footy reasons for the first time since punching the seat after Petterd's dropped mark against Collingwood.

Which you can read all about in... Well, you get the idea.

I'm poised and ready to spill my blood for footy reasons for the first time since punching the seat after Petterd's dropped mark against Collingwood.

Which you can read all about in... Well, you get the idea.
I'd almost forgotten that and all. Until now anyway. Should be quite a read. Was that the same year as the QB tied match, or the same year as the QB Watts debut (I came down with mono that night - from watching the match I suspect)? Or was it some other year that I have nearly blanked with some success to avoid self harm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Friday night game against Adelaide would be awesome, home or away. Would also love a home game at the MCG against the Pies or Dogs or even the Swans, our last few games against them have been a nothing game on a Saturday evening in s**t weather I feel. Put us up against Sydney on a Friday night or hot Saturday afternoon and give us something to ******* play for.

LATE CHANGE TO ROUND 1

Our reporter Glenn McFarlane has just sent us an update to the Round 1 fixture after the AFL made a late change to it ahead of the full release this morning.

THE AFL has made a some last-minute changes to its Round 1 scheduling ahead of this morning's fixturing announcement.

The St Kilda-Melbourne Etihad Stadium game, originally slated for the Sunday of the opening round, has now been switched to the 4.30pm twilight game at the same venue a day earlier - Saturday, March 25.

That means the North Melbourne-West Coast match has now been moved from Saturday to the early 1.10pm game on Sunday, March 26.

And the Adelaide-Greater Western Sydney game remains on the Sunday, although it moves to the later time slot of 3.20pm,

ROUND 1, 2017

Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.20pm

Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.50pm

Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG, 4.35pm

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium, 4.45pm

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon, 7.25pm

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.25pm

Sunday, March 26

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm