2017/18 MLB Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cubs have signed Tyler Chatwood for 3 years and $38m. Pretty great pitcher whose stats get depressed by playing in Denver. That walk rate is an eyesore though

Cano to move to 1B eventually, Healys D will probably still be horrible even at 1B lol.

Gordon has never played CF while in the majors. This will turn out well.

Mike Fiers is signing for the Tigers, 1 yr $6 million

Last edited:

Stanton almost certainly to the Dodgers now.

Shit.

The Angels can bat Pujols for their catcher instead of Ohtani. There's no restriction on which position the DH bats for

The Angels can bat Pujols for their catcher instead of Ohtani. There's no restriction on which position the DH bats for

It’s in the rule book that the DH is only used for the pitcher, not any infield (includes catcher) and outfield position. It has always been like that since the DH came into effect. Maybe in lower levels it can happen but not MLB.

“In Major League Baseball, the designated hitter is a hitter who does not play a position, but instead fills in the batting order for the pitcher. The DH may only be used for the pitcher (and not any other position player), as stated in Rule 5.11. Use of the DH is optional, but must be determined prior to the start of the game. If a team does not begin a game with a DH, the pitcher (or a pinch-hitter) must bat for the entire game.”

It’s in the rule book that the DH is only used for the pitcher, not any infield (includes catcher) and outfield position. It has always been like that since the DH came into effect. Maybe in lower levels it can happen but not MLB.

“In Major League Baseball, the designated hitter is a hitter who does not play a position, but instead fills in the batting order for the pitcher. The DH may only be used for the pitcher (and not any other position player), as stated in Rule 5.11. Use of the DH is optional, but must be determined prior to the start of the game. If a team does not begin a game with a DH, the pitcher (or a pinch-hitter) must bat for the entire game.”
Well I was wrong on that one. Then they essentially play a National League lineup when he pitches. I suspect the Angels will use a 6 man rotation to give Ohtani more rest between starts and allow him to bat more

Well I was wrong on that one. Then they essentially play a National League lineup when he pitches. I suspect the Angels will use a 6 man rotation to give Ohtani more rest between starts and allow him to bat more

I’d say they will go that way with the 6 man rotation. Jeez, I can’t wait to watch this guy play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Marlins fans must be seriously pissed off atm. Virtually giving Stanton away for pennies...Castro and a couple of meh minor leaguers. Yeah have got rid of huge salary but that no fade clause really hurt them. Jeter should have stuck to a happy retirement

Probably bigger shockwaves than Durant to the Warriors. Still glad it's not a National League team.

Double Agent Jeter sits in the office and laughs, "That was for 2003, bitches"

Giancarlo Stanton - 942 games at Right Field, 1 game at Center Field, 0 games elsewhere.
Aaron Judge - 168 games at Right Field, 0 games elsewhere.

So who has to move to Left Field, or play as the DH?

Lucky that the Yankees are mega-rich, considering how many baseballs they are going to lose during BP!!!

Elsewhere, OhtaniMania is exploding in Southern California. Going to make the Halos a tough ticket again, like it was when I was a season ticket holder during the early to mid 2000s.

Brandon Morrow signs for the Cubs for 2 yrs, 20-odd m. Good pickup but like Chatwood has a substantial injury history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back