2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitta will be praying for rain and lots of it. 32 mm of rain predicted for Friday , if this eventuates Thurgoona will surly have it in the back of there mind ABOUT ALL THERE OTHER BIG SPENDS AND CHOKES, Im pretty sure all clubs will go barracking for Mitta. I wonder if they have printed premiership tops this year ready to go...

Firstly, I do not (and have never) have any affiliation or connection to Thurgoona footy club. But I am curious as to why so many people seem to dislike them. As an outsider, I admire the way they have turned things around from a decade ago (when they were really battling) to become a perennial contender. They have hardly missed the finals in 10 years and their twos are going for 6 flags in a row. Regardless of this weekends result, they're doing something right. In regards to their player payments, I don't know how much they spend (and I suspect nobody here does either) but it's not cheap to field even a mid-table team let alone a premiership contending team.

Firstly, I do not (and have never) have any affiliation or connection to Thurgoona footy club. But I am curious as to why so many people seem to dislike them. As an outsider, I admire the way they have turned things around from a decade ago (when they were really battling) to become a perennial contender. They have hardly missed the finals in 10 years and their twos are going for 6 flags in a row. Regardless of this weekends result, they're doing something right. In regards to their player payments, I don't know how much they spend (and I suspect nobody here does either) but it's not cheap to field even a mid-table team let alone a premiership contending team.
I'm have no affiliation to Thurgoona either and I agree with you totally there are people out there that wish they had the overall success of Thurgoona, they have a lot of there juniors playing senior footy now and we all know it can take years for those kids to filter through to seniors, back onto this season I'm told they have 6 netball teams and 3 footy teams playing in the grand final now what clubs wouldn't be a little jealous with that success I know my club would love to be in that position. Good work Thurgoona you certainly have the recipe for success.

This rain will obviously have an affect on the ground tomorrow. The Mitta players will be sleeping well.

This rain will obviously have an affect on the ground tomorrow. The Mitta players will be sleeping well.

Yes the rain will make it a lot tougher, but i wouldnt think mitta have it in the bag, iv watched thurgoona in the wet this year and they weren't out of their comfort zone.

Pretty sure nearly every club in premiership years outlay coin - Thurgoona were whipping boys for a long time and have gotten their act together on and off the field - I imagine there is plenty of $$$ left and it may be a good run for the Dogs in the foreseeable future

Yes, I have been to that ground, and what they have done with their facilities over the last 8 or 10 years has been amazing.
LMFAO..........obviously you haven't seen the visitors room, still small and pathetic. I did mean the money side of resources for players.

LMFAO..........obviously you haven't seen the visitors room, still small and pathetic. I did mean the money side of resources for players.

The ground is owned by the council so the football can't do anything about the change rooms until the council are ready.
I went out to the game Saturday & what a surprise to see so many people out there as well as a fantastic playing surface. Would barley have known it had rained. Congratulations to the TDFL for a great day.
Celebrations at Thurgoona would have been large as the football & netball both won, great achievement
As for the game, the dogs were just way to good. I thought Ben Lloyd was the best player on the ground, but it could have went to half a dozen Thurgoona players.
Loved the passion from both clubs supporters on the boundary.
Seems like a good rivalry

The ground is owned by the council so the football can't do anything about the change rooms until the council are ready.
I went out to the game Saturday & what a surprise to see so many people out there as well as a fantastic playing surface. Would barley have known it had rained. Congratulations to the TDFL for a great day.
Celebrations at Thurgoona would have been large as the football & netball both won, great achievement
As for the game, the dogs were just way to good. I thought Ben Lloyd was the best player on the ground, but it could have went to half a dozen Thurgoona players.
Loved the passion from both clubs supporters on the boundary.
Seems like a good rivalry
I agree wizards Ben Lloyd was impressive for the dogs,the reserves was a good close game and it's good to see Kiewa get that one, I think Thurgoona will be a real power house in the future of the tdfl now they have cracked the big one, there will be some clubs that will really need get there act together to keep in touch with the leaders, the tdfl committee need to give themselves a pat on the back for a very well run finals series.

I agree wizards Ben Lloyd was impressive for the dogs,the reserves was a good close game and it's good to see Kiewa get that one, I think Thurgoona will be a real power house in the future of the tdfl now they have cracked the big one, there will be some clubs that will really need get there act together to keep in touch with the leaders, the tdfl committee need to give themselves a pat on the back for a very well run finals series.
Ok BF Time anybody got any BF winners to share ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any other new coaching appointments other than the Dale's at Yack?
Few clubs looking for a coach. Chiltern, Saints, Tallangatta and possibly Rutherglen may need to allow time for Karl Jacka to concentrate on his health.

He is heading back to henty from all accounts.

Don't blame him after the way he was treated by the "old school" mitta fans after the grand final.

Went out to the Hume league yesterday & honestly thought everything about the TDFL the week before was better. Crowd number, atmosphere, footy etc.

I would love to see a game between the winners of HFL & TDFL. Would be a great spectacle

Don't blame him after the way he was treated by the "old school" mitta fans after the grand final.

Went out to the Hume league yesterday & honestly thought everything about the TDFL the week before was better. Crowd number, atmosphere, footy etc.

I would love to see a game between the winners of HFL & TDFL. Would be a great spectacle
What did the Mitta fans do?

See in yesterday's paper Morey who won the BOG in Saturday's match is being linked with a TDFL Club. Anyone know where his off to?

See in yesterday's paper Morey who won the BOG in Saturday's match is being linked with a TDFL Club. Anyone know where his off to?

Beechworth is the club !! Great addition for them, Voight also heading back to Beechworth from Cudgewa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back