Play Nice 2016 Presidential Election Part 4 - President-Elect Trump

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a stream going on YouTube and the news on the TV...America has gone cray cray in 2 hours

Lol at Paul Ryan, so much bullshit...less than 6 months ago they're stabbing each other and today they're all licking each others arse. McConnell was for Rand Paul and now licking his arse too, hard to take the US seriously.

Must admit, I quite enjoyed reading sooky articles on Daily Life from Clem Ford and serial outraged whiner Erin Riley this morning. From Ms Riley:

I cried the night of the election, the kind of big, heaving sobs I usually reserve for break ups or epic fights with my best friend.

:D

giphy.gif

I wonder which HBB Bill has been caught staring at this time?

US politics is steeped in religion because they know that true power comes from the concept that you have been ordained by god. Every major world power - from Egypt to Assyria, Babylon to Persia, Greece to Rome - has known that people are much more compliant when their desire for a better life is entwined with their desire for a better afterlife.

It's a version of Marx's "opium for the masses".

Surprising speech

Hes left no room for compromise or flexibility on the big core commitments (manu jobs will return, wall, health, etc), and it was an incredibly partisan speech

Two mistakes that obama made in 2008

Given politics is the art of compromise, it will be interesting to see if trump fans handle disappointment as badly as obama fans have

US politics is steeped in religion because they know that true power comes from the concept that you have been ordained by god. Every major world power - from Egypt to Assyria, Babylon to Persia, Greece to Rome - has known that people are much more compliant when their desire for a better life is entwined with their desire for a better afterlife.

It's a version of Marx's "opium for the masses".
That's a really interesting concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he gave a great campaign speech this morning.

Like Rabbot, Trump put so much effort & so many lies into his campaign, he doesnt know where to stop & start leading. That requires policy, planning & diplomacy.
Lies & bullying may work in his business. POTUS requires working with others & compromise. He's never done that yet. So we wait & see.

Speech seems incredibly formulaic, except for the odd moments when crazy statements are made, like that Islamic extremism will be removed from the face of the Earth. I suppose that will happen eventually, which is maybe what he meant, and not necessarily from his term.

Good to hear a key world leader address the problem of Islamic extremism though. Makes you wonder why everyone was avoiding it for so long.

Having said all that, I doubt Trump will be particularly successful in this area.

Great speech no skirting around the issues just tell itnhow it is!

Welcome the 45th President of the United States, Donald Trump!
All good, now which of his policies do you think will help transform America, and more importantly, what impact do you think his isolationist trade policy will have on Australia?

All good, now which of his policies do you think will help transform America, and more importantly, what impact do you think his isolationist trade policy will have on Australia?

I like building the wall in theory. Keeping more jobs in the US for US citizens is a good thing. Trump wants to make sure the US is great again, meaning their country prioritised over others and that is fine with me. There were a lot of individuals forgotten by past administrations and they won't be now.

In terms of Australia we will have a good healthy relationship with Trump. Prepared to give him a chance.

Much rather him than yet another Clinton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back