2016-17 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Preds give up a late SH to finish in WC2 and a first round match up with Chicago.
St Louis to play the Wild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team stuff
Atlantic division top 3:
Tampa, Montreal, Florida
Metro division top 3: Penguins, Capitals, Islanders
Eastern wildcard teams: Flyers, Bruins

Pacific division top 3:
Sharks, Kings, Ducks
Central division top 3: Stars, Blues, Blackhawks
Western wildcard teams: Flames, Predators

Wooden spoon: Carolina

Crosby plays __ many games: 75

1/3 Atlantic
2/3 Metro
1/2 Wildcard

2/3 Pacific
2/3 Central
2/2 WC

Waaaaaaaaay off with the spoon

If Crosby is rested against NYR then I get that right!

Brades, that's a pretty solid set of predictions there, especially your team standings. Individual predictions left a little to be desired ;)

Team stuff
Atlantic division top 3:
Tampa, Florida, Montreal
Metro division top 3: Pittsburgh, Washington, Philadelphia
Eastern wildcard teams: NYI, NYR

Pacific division top 3: San Jose, Los Angeles, Calgary
Central division top 3: Chicago, Dallas, Nashville
Western wildcard teams: St. Louis, Anaheim

Wooden spoon: Columbus

Stanley Cup finalists:
Tampa vs. Dallas
Cup champion: Tampa

Individual stuff
Hart:
McDavid
Rocket: Tarasenko
Calder: Matthews (but Murray deserves it)
Norris: Hedman
Vezina: Price
Crosby plays 58 games
Massive flub with my spoon prediction, as well as the pointy end of the playoffs.

McDavid and Matthews were pretty easy picks, but it looks like those two will be spot on. 6 goals off with Tarasenko (before today's games); I maintain that Hedman will one day win a Norris; and Price probably won't be top three in Vezina this year.

Disappointed for the Pens to give up a loss like that but you could tell in the intensity level one team wanted it a lot more. Can't say I'm not at least a little bit happy to see Toronto fans happy again.

Heading off shortly to Pens @ Rangers. On one hand it feels like it might be a bit of a no-hitter, but on the other hand there are two things that make this a somewhat spicy contest:

1) You will have a bunch of AHL/fringe players who are looking for a spot in the playoff lineup. For the Pens in particular, with all of our injuries there are good chances.

2) There is a potential second round matchup between the Pens and Rangers so I don't think you want to give up too much to your opponent. Although of course one could think of Hawks vs Freo a few years back as an example of why this doesn't matter much.

Perhaps I am just trying to better justify my ripoff 90 dollar ticket. Rangers really do know how to gouge hockey fans. At the game last week was chatting to fans pissed that their season ticket was rising to 90 dollars per game for literally the back row of the stadium (so times 41 that's 3.7K per year :eek:

So Leafs it is. Not sure of seriousness but sounded like Toronto lost a couple of D men through injury in today's game aswell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back