2nds 2014 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Robertson play or is he our travelling emergency?

Robbo played as far as I know, Ripper said that Lester and Leuey were the travellers iirc.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124130554&c=1-8334-0-283692-0&pool=1

BRISBANE LIONS

Goal Kickers: J. Paine 5, R. Lester 2, M. Uebergang 2, C. Stevenson 2, A. McGrath , M. Hammelmann , Z. O''Brien
Best Players: , Z. O''Brien , J. Paine , S. Michael , N. Hayes , R. Lester , N. Robertson

According to the Brisbane Lions twitter account Lester had 19 touches and 2 goals in the first half before flying down to Melbourne as the travelling emergency. Not sure why Leuy didn't play in the second half, perhaps they didn't want to risk him in the shocking weather (I guess it is possible he flew down to Melbourne as well, but we don't usually take two emergencies away).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester with a huge first half, ZOB with 21 contested possessions and the seniors constantly getting smashed in contested footy.....

Good to see Hayes stringing a couple of good ones together. Wonder if his fate has already been decided?

"rusty08,

Not only Hayes but most of the boys are putting it together at the moment.

It is great from a Qld/AFL point of view to see your reserves up and about with a spring in their step again - I just wish they did not have a flat spot during the season as it would be very interesting if they were about to play NEAFL finals again this year. I have bagged them this year due to this flat spot, but back on track it will be a shame due to some required delistings and some new blood coming in, that this group can't stay together and build on their latter achievements next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back