2013 SEQAFL Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree! It looks as though the League could've swapped Wynnum for Beenleigh & there would've been 1 less question to answer! As for a comp that has 2 teams of 'Lion's' & 3 teams of 'Tigers' that is hilarious... After googling their strips however the Noosa Tigers will clash more with Caloundra & Mayne more so with Aspley.. Can't wait to see the crowd yelling "go tigers" no matter what the umpiring decision..
Curioscat5- As a former Redcliffe player I have no love for Beenleigh, but as a mark of respect.. Unlike so many other sides the Buffaloes (hate the term 'Buffs') have shown consistency with some success, a comp is usually stronger for having Beenleigh involved!
been watching Noosa v Mayne 9 seasons been no drama. it's simple you yell Go Mayne or Go Noosa by thier supporters! Not that hard;)

been watching Noosa v Mayne 9 seasons been no drama. it's simple you yell Go Mayne or Go Noosa by thier supporters! Not that hard;)
Cool, thanks for clearing that up... Cause as a player I always called the ball off a team mate by his Christian name, not his nickname  Having young sons that love yelling "go Tigers" I'll let em know that it's simple... Go Redcliffe...

Cool, thanks for clearing that up... Cause as a player I always called the ball off a team mate by his Christian name, not his nickname  Having young sons that love yelling "go Tigers" I'll let em know that it's simple... Go Redcliffe...

Gee you're clever! Got it in one!

Gee you're clever! Got it in one!
Not clever enough, but looking forward to the North comp, maybe able to see some Tiger, sorry Redcliffe away games .
In all seriousness, how are Mayne taking the restructure? I would've thought the 3 (Noosa, Mayne & Maroochydore) 'experienced' sides would've been a little concerned re: the future but maybe a chance of some eminent success?

Not clever enough, but looking forward to the North comp, maybe able to see some Tiger, sorry Redcliffe away games .
In all seriousness, how are Mayne taking the restructure? I would've thought the 3 (Noosa, Mayne & Maroochydore) 'experienced' sides would've been a little concerned re: the future but maybe a chance of some eminent success?
Mayne are taking it very seriously and took a very sensible approach by not applying for a license for the QAFL. Have very promising plans for the future to get themselves in a position to be promoted in the higher league. Retained a great recruit from Victoria and was named as playing coach for next year! Reckon the boys will stay loyal to the club!

Mayne are taking it very seriously and took a very sensible approach by not applying for a license for the QAFL. Have very promising plans for the future to get themselves in a position to be promoted in the higher league. Retained a great recruit from Victoria and was named as playing coach for next year! Reckon the boys will stay loyal to the club!

Shaun Daly?

I can tell u from a current player at Beenleigh that its a disgrace that in 5 years i have now seen 7 teams come in to our league and then go past us into higher leagues. I know I speak on behalf of all the current players at beenleigh that we are very disappointed with how things have turned out. After a great season which ended obviously with disappointment and now to see that we are not going to higher division is another big slap in the face. Not sure of what our committee applied for or if we are not deemed to be ready financially or having no under 18's would be a factor but sure as hell know that things will change in 2014. Wll stop at nothing to ensure the Beenleigh Buffaloes will be premiers in 2014 and will be elevated into the higher divisions where it belongs. No offence to any of the other teams in th QAFA (A) division as we respect all sides that we battle with.

From memory in the email detailing the re structure about a month ago it showed what clubs applied to be placed where. Beenleigh didn't fill out the application at all so in this case you should be speaking to your committee and expressing what the players wan't.

Coomera ran a facebook poll for members to have a say as our club is "run by players, for players". We wanted to be sure we had the commitment of everyone before we made the next step.

Word is a number of Buffs have already said they are walking to play a higher level, can you confirm?

Pine rivers have withdrawn from the Northern conference and will play QAFA Div A. Its a different side of town but maybe a position opens up for the Buffs??

Interesting times. Redcliffe in vol admin Megaman?? That's not a good situation either. With the weight of footy on the south side, it nearly should be Brisbane + north! Club like Kenmore in.
Footy 1st - The Roos are pragmatic about the call made by the AFLQ - there are pros and cons attached to it all. I suppose unlike Brisbane / GC clubs blokes, if they want to play a higher grade of footy will need to travel a fair distance. Can't get away from a 2hr round trip minimum for training during the week, not many ppl enjoy that. I'm sure the Roos will retain the majority of their playing list, will be a strong club in this comp and will win more than they lose. Noosa and Mayne will too, but no different to the 4 NEAFL clubs coming back to State league. At the end of the day Caloundra and Nambour won't sit on their hands, Caboolture will be significantly better with their new premises next year attracting and keeping players and Kedron were pretty good this year in Div 2 weren't they? Coached by a real good brain in Jason Duce. It is what it is, but like Mayne, we hope to be in a better financial position in 2-3 years and maybe have a crack then. The #1 guiding principle for any footy club is to stay afloat, not win premierships imo.

As far as I know, it'll be footy as usual next year at Redcliffe. The financial situation is centered around the upstairs business, which is very much separate from football, even if people see pokies & assume paid players etc... I don't know much more but will look into it & update the forum if it's news worthy.
Good to hear clubs like Mayne & Maroochydore so positive re: the season ahead.
SMY - I think it's a a real shame that there is no real avenue to the higher standards via the Sunshine Coast. Finances are definitely crucial to running a club (quite relevant atm) however flags, as long as they're earnt not paid for, are also fairly important...when u rock up to an established club it'd be nice to know they have had success..

Pine rivers have withdrawn from the Northern conference and will play QAFA Div A. Its a different side of town but maybe a position opens up for the Buffs??

Maybe swap one of the more northern teams from the south div to open a place for Beenleigh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coomera ran a facebook poll for members to have a say as our club is "run by players, for players". We wanted to be sure we had the commitment of everyone before we made the next step.
Is that what that was?! I thought I was voting to evict a housemate!

Is it too early or are any clubs looking to advertise for a head-coach/specific assistant coach etc? I know of a guy (qualified) looking...

G'day all!! I didn't think it would be long before word got around. I was hoping to formalize a few more things before the big announcement but it does look like we will be relocating down to Park Ridge for 2014... Lots of exciting things which will help us heaps on and off the field so look forward to telling more when I can!! ;)

G'day all!! I didn't think it would be long before word got around. I was hoping to formalize a few more things before the big announcement but it does look like we will be relocating down to Park Ridge for 2014... Lots of exciting things which will help us heaps on and off the field so look forward to telling more when I can!! ;)
I've been waiting for this little gem to be announced. Quite exciting news Mighty. Are we able to run a forum poll to create you a new username??

Cap'n Jack? Long Wade Silver? Ol' peg leg??!

Footy First - Beenleigh currently has applicatiosn open for all senior roles.

can email beenleighjuniors@aflbj.com or if they wish to talk to someone I can get you a phone number in a privite message.

Should we get a new Forum set up for QAFA (A) and send swoopa to another fence to sit on? haha

Footy First - Beenleigh currently has applicatiosn open for all senior roles.
can email beenleighjuniors@aflbj.com or if they wish to talk to someone I can get you a phone number in a privite message.
Should we get a new Forum set up for QAFA (A) and send swoopa to another fence to sit on? haha

Thanks Buffs & Gaz, I'll pass on the details. Buffs there are 2 new conference-based forums, started by Tiger G I believe, for North & South.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back