2013 SEQAFL Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I like your style Megaman but your margins are probably a fair way out.

I'd be tipping much tighter tussles although I hope for our sake you are spot in the money! I'm too old for close margins!

I'd be tipping much tighter tussles although I hope for our sake you are spot in the money! I'm too old for close margins!

UQ by a Point

Beenleigh by 2 goals

Although I think Sportsbet would have Coomera as firm favourites I think that Beenleigh can seriously get the choccies here and should be a great game

Swooppa - You think you are too old!!
I am still trying to recover from a young punk trying to shirt front me the other week to the tune of "good on you granddad!!

Swooppa - You think you are too old!!
I am still trying to recover from a young punk trying to shirt front me the other week to the tune of "good on you granddad!!
Yeah these cold morning sure aren't good for my arthritis ;)

The Buff$ appreciation thread has gone quiet tonite. Who won? Buffs 2011 did you win the biggy? Morro? Budgie Buff? Anyone shed some light on the score or winner?:D

Amazing result for our boys in the Seniors yesterday and a galant fight from the Ressies. Both games would have been very good for the neutral observer.

Congratulations to UQ on their win. I think the lead changes would've been in the double digits!

Beenleigh showed why they were deserved Grand Finalists. Great day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any gossip/rumours on what AFLQ is actually doing with the restructure?
Old man what are uq doing next year ? Would your div three teams go north or south ? And your state league stay the same? There are not a hell of a lot of teams north compared to south what do you reckon .

We have applied for one of the State league licences. If that is not successful then our current Div 1 teams will drop to the QFA comp. Not sure it really makes too much difference which conference we would be allotted - probably makes sense for North but I suspect that will be a balancing exercise done by AFLQ dependent on how it all pans out.
Until we can get our Div 3 seniors towards the top of the ladder we will remain in the Amateurs (Div 3) comp.
It will certainly be interesting to see what the final wash up looks like. Due about 20 Sept I think.

We have applied for one of the State league licences. If that is not successful then our current Div 1 teams will drop to the QFA comp. Not sure it really makes too much difference which conference we would be allotted - probably makes sense for North but I suspect that will be a balancing exercise done by AFLQ dependent on how it all pans out.
Until we can get our Div 3 seniors towards the top of the ladder we will remain in the Amateurs (Div 3) comp.
It will certainly be interesting to see what the final wash up looks like. Due about 20 Sept I think.
It will be interesting for sure old man . Do you know what the go is with the amateur league is? Will it be senior/ reserves or just one team like div 4 . You guys should stay state league you definitely have the numbers!

Wonderful news Oldman1! Going to be interesting watching the Red Lions from the outside for the first time in many many years. Believe I still owe you a beer too ;)

It will be interesting for sure old man . Do you know what the go is with the amateur league is? Will it be senior/ reserves or just one team like div 4 . You guys should stay state league you definitely have the numbers!

Amateurs is basically Div 3 as it is now with a 2 but possibly 4 teams moving up into the QFA North/South league. Div 3 will then be topped up by div 4 sides that can field 2 teams (I know Jimboomba has applied to move up for the last few years so you could assume they would be one team.)

So Div 3 will become a weaker but more even comp, I'd say that will make it easier to retain players in the sides that haven't had much recent success. If everyone is in the hunt you'd think it would be more appealing than having 2-4 sides spanking the other 5 sides week in week out.

I know from a Coomera point of view we have had a lot of interest from players from higher levels wanting to join us if we enter Div 2 which I'd hope would make us competitive should we be moved up. I think all leagues will take a couple of seasons to settle in but moving forward its a good move.

Should be a couple of quality games at Yeronga tomorrow if anyone is feeling a void from not playing on a saturday.
reserves at 11.30 and seniors at 2.30 - we encourage as many as possible to come support / yell abuse to create a bit of atmosphere!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back