2013 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Another week of steady improvement with just the single miss so lets see if we can get that clean slate this week

Chiltern vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Barnawartha
Wodonga Saints vs Yackandandah
Mitta United vs Beechworth
Rutherglen vs Tallangatta
Wahgunyah vs Thurgoona

Had occasion to attend & sample some TDFL footy action at Dederang on Saturday arvo'. Had heard locally that the clash between Dederang Mt Beauty & Barnawartha promised plenty ! I was informed that the last time the two sides faced off in round 3 they played out a draw. Barnawartha was fighting hard for a finals berth. Ex-Brisbane & Sydney star forward Daniel Bradshaw, now suiting up with Dederang Mt Beauty was closing in on his ton & there was sure to be a bumper crowd in attendance.
Got there just after half time in the two's, dutifully paid my $10.00 at the gate & asked for a footy record as well. Was disappointed to be advised that all the records had been snapped up some time earlier. I guessed by that & by the ever increasing number of cars coming into view parked around the place in the reserve that footy & netball in the TDFL was indeed alive & well & very well patronised.
Was very impressed with the facilities for both football & netball at Dederang, although the ground surface was a bit patchy & could do with a good top dress.
The setting there though to play footy at is just a picture. The vista & backdrop is just magnificent. If there is a more beautiful place to play footy at I'd like to know where it is !!!
I thought the contest on the whole was quite willing & the physical intensity of the tackling was as good as you would see in ANY competition thereabouts. The skill level at times was a bit ordinary to what I'm used to watching with way too many unforced turn overs than you would really want to see. But I guess they were reflective of where the two teams sit on the ladder. (more from Barnawartha, less from DMtB) The umpiring was ok, I guess. Although I think they were a little slow & lazy & paid a few too many free kicks for my liking. But I guess that has a bit to do with their age than anything else ! But otherwise I certainly enjoyed my first taste of TDFL footy & wouldn't hesitate to attend another game if the circumstances again present themselves.
I got to see 3 Bradshaws. (not sure if they are at all related)
Daniel was ok, but he would want to be !!! (didn't get his ton though)
Darren was lazy, slow & s**t !!!.............&
Steve was fantastic, & was clearly the difference in the two sides. He dominated the stoppages getting most hit outs & generally gave his mids first use of the ball. He would get a game pretty much anywhere !!!

Anyway thanks for the show. And good luck with the rest of the season & your finals fellas..............The piss, pies & hotdogs where pretty damn ok too !!! :thumbsu:

Had occasion to attend & sample some TDFL footy action at Dederang on Saturday arvo'. Had heard locally that the clash between Dederang Mt Beauty & Barnawartha promised plenty ! I was informed that the last time the two sides faced off in round 3 they played out a draw. Barnawartha was fighting hard for a finals berth. Ex-Brisbane & Sydney star forward Daniel Bradshaw, now suiting up with Dederang Mt Beauty was closing in on his ton & there was sure to be a bumper crowd in attendance.
Got there just after half time in the two's, dutifully paid my $10.00 at the gate & asked for a footy record as well. Was disappointed to be advised that all the records had been snapped up some time earlier. I guessed by that & by the ever increasing number of cars coming into view parked around the place in the reserve that footy & netball in the TDFL was indeed alive & well & very well patronised.
Was very impressed with the facilities for both football & netball at Dederang, although the ground surface was a bit patchy & could do with a good top dress.
The setting there though to play footy at is just a picture. The vista & backdrop is just magnificent. If there is a more beautiful place to play footy at I'd like to know where it is !!!
I thought the contest on the whole was quite willing & the physical intensity of the tackling was as good as you would see in ANY competition thereabouts. The skill level at times was a bit ordinary to what I'm used to watching with way too many unforced turn overs than you would really want to see. But I guess they were reflective of where the two teams sit on the ladder. (more from Barnawartha, less from DMtB) The umpiring was ok, I guess. Although I think they were a little slow & lazy & paid a few too many free kicks for my liking. But I guess that has a bit to do with their age than anything else ! But otherwise I certainly enjoyed my first taste of TDFL footy & wouldn't hesitate to attend another game if the circumstances again present themselves.
Steve was fantastic, & was clearly the difference in the two sides. He dominated the stoppages getting most hit outs & generally gave his mids first use of the ball. He would get a game pretty much anywhere !!!

Anyway thanks for the show. And good luck with the rest of the season & your finals fellas..............The piss, pies & hotdogs where pretty damn ok too !!! :thumbsu:
like you saw my first game at Dederang,most picturesque footy ground ive been to those mountains look magnificent.Was talking to an old fella there who told me the TDFL finals were all played at a ground 15 minutes down the road,the only time its used all year....how do the clubs get a share of the catering dollars,bar etc , is this correct or was the old fella havin a lend of me.

like you saw my first game at Dederang,most picturesque footy ground ive been to those mountains look magnificent.Was talking to an old fella there who told me the TDFL finals were all played at a ground 15 minutes down the road,the only time its used all year....how do the clubs get a share of the catering dollars,bar etc , is this correct or was the old fella havin a lend of me.
agree with the ground beautiful location the views are typical of the scenic Kiewa Valley,yes all finals are played at Sandy Creek no club connections ,clubs are rostered for catering purposes..

A couple of big games this week that could sort out the finals positions .....

Beechworth vs Yackandandah
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Chiltern
Rutherglen vs Mitta United
Tallangatta vs Wodonga Saints
Thurgoona vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Wahgunyah vs Barnawartha

Good to see you enjoyed yourself up at The Ranga !!! Well the Bradshaws are all related. Darren and Daniel brothers and Stephen a cousin. Theres another brother but didn't venture up there this year. With Darren who played one game for the lions can be as dangerous but hasn't shown alot this year being injured etc. Stephen is a bloody good ruckman mighn't look that good but is very handy.

Well can Barny make it is the big question. They have alot of good players but just seem to be falling short again. What's happened to Cook ? Been very quiet this season. They need Kiewa to lose and they must win.

Saints rooms look good and they have done a great job and playing well does help. Just wondering will they play on The Cheesseeeeeeee Oval from now on?

Gees this sites gone cold!! havnt been on here in a while! might as well spread some news or opinions that no doubt people will oppose/deny, but i did hear some goss over the weekend so i thought id share to get some insight...
firstly.heard chilterns funds are going to take a big hit signing mark doolan, word has it they were over budget this year and will struggle to pay players next year unless alot of work is done.

2. the investigation from mitta v thurg ends this week! 2-3 mitta players to cop 1 match bans.

3.some forwards intel- daniel bradshaws back is no good and is struggling to get through the year even though he is still kicking bags and cook and stead missed a dozen games between cook struggling with health????? Stead with injury will any of these blokes have impacts on the finals.
tips for this week-
Mitta over barny 18pts
tall over beech 32pts
chiltern over lions 20 pts
kiewa over yack 85pts
rutherglen over saints 24pts
thurg over ded 14pts Bradshaw wont play!!
mitta for flag...

Gees this sites gone cold!! havnt been on here in a while! might as well spread some news or opinions that no doubt people will oppose/deny, but i did hear some goss over the weekend so i thought id share to get some insight...
firstly.heard chilterns funds are going to take a big hit signing mark doolan, word has it they were over budget this year and will struggle to pay players next year unless alot of work is done.

2. the investigation from mitta v thurg ends this week! 2-3 mitta players to cop 1 match bans.

3.some forwards intel- daniel bradshaws back is no good and is struggling to get through the year even though he is still kicking bags and cook and stead missed a dozen games between cook struggling with health????? Stead with injury will any of these blokes have impacts on the finals.
tips for this week-
Mitta over barny 18pts
tall over beech 32pts
chiltern over lions 20 pts
kiewa over yack 85pts
rutherglen over saints 24pts
thurg over ded 14pts Bradshaw wont play!!
mitta for flag...

It's funny you say about Bradshaw . You can tell when he's not playing or struggling because Darren kicks the goals. I have heard there's no next year for him. Cook struggled back in the early rounds and hasn't looked the same since.

Mitta Dogs probe hopefully done before finals so the guys can play. If it was that bad why didn't the umpires report players. Yellow cards don't do much but in the book does.
Can't believe Saints lost on the weekend ??

I work with a guy that has a bit to do with dederang and he told me Daniel did not play after half time that's why he only kicked 3, not sure why but maybe to rest him up they have my doggies this week and then finals,I don't think Marc armond would b risking him against Chiltern when the games over at 1/4 time and if they beat tallangatta last round that's them on top and a week of,sounds pretty smart to save him..

It's funny you say about Bradshaw . You can tell when he's not playing or struggling because Darren kicks the goals. I have heard there's no next year for him. Cook struggled back in the early rounds and hasn't looked the same since.

Mitta Dogs probe hopefully done before finals so the guys can play. If it was that bad why didn't the umpires report players. Yellow cards don't do much but in the book does.
Can't believe Saints lost on the weekend ??

Was certainly off the game last week, although there were one or two interesting results. So, this round:

Barnawartha vs Mitta United
Beechworth vs Tallangatta
Chiltern vs Wahgunyah
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Yackandandah
Rutherglen vs Wodonga Saints
Thurgoona vs Dederang Mt Beauty

Still got over 50% last week but would have liked to have had more.

Chiltern vs Barnawartha
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Tallangatta
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Rutherglen
Wodonga Saints vs Beechworth
Mitta United vs Wahgunyah
Yackandandah vs Thurgoona

If you cant beat them just send the dvd in to the league.
Just send the heavily edited DVD to the league that only shows the indiscretions of the other team then heavily embellish stories to make things sound worse than they actually were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just send the heavily edited DVD to the league that only shows the indiscretions of the other team then heavily embellish stories to make things sound worse than they actually were.

I hope if they are trying to charge the Nelson boys with anything they have them clearly on tape with thier numbers also showing clearly, cause if they are planning to pin them each out by picking them out of a line up at the tribunal it could be interesting..... they might have to get them into their footy gear with a critic in hand so they get the right bloke for the right charge!!

Strange way to enter finals for both teams and not great timing for the league as a whole.

If I was Daniel Kannenberg and Sam Field I wouldn't be happy with getting 3 weeks and 1 week at the tribunal last night. It wouldn't have happened if their own club hadn't instigated the situation with the league.

If I was Daniel Kannenberg and Sam Field I wouldn't be happy with getting 3 weeks and 1 week at the tribunal last night. It wouldn't have happened if their own club hadn't instigated the situation with the league.

I thought the same thing when they sought the investigation. Its very hard to fight amongst yourselves for a whole half of football, so someone was obviously going to be put under the microscope from the initiating club.

I thought the same thing when they sought the investigation. Its very hard to fight amongst yourselves for a whole half of football, so someone was obviously going to be put under the microscope from the initiating club.
The club should be more p****d of with kannenberg. Why was he even involved. He was the runner for gods sake

The club should be more p****d of with kannenberg. Why was he even involved. He was the runner for gods sake

Just wondering when you say this, was Kannenberg a player who was doing the running for that day? Or is he the runner most weeks? Sorry just not sure I know that name and wondering if Thurgoona are 2 players down for this week, or 1 player and a runner?

A
Just wondering when you say this, was Kannenberg a player who was doing the running for that day? Or is he the runner most weeks? Sorry just not sure I know that name and wondering if Thurgoona are 2 players down for this week, or 1 player and a runner?
he is a player, a very good one as well who was doin the running that day

Wow I leave the country for a week and come back to this. hard to imagine a better script being written for Saturdays game. should be a ripper, id expect whoever loses will really cop it. not sure if both nelsons were playing seniors or not so not sure how that will effect mitta. gray has been pretty quite since culph has been playing, so cant really see it harming mitta too much. Was grays suspension from the melee or was it from his report against barny 2 weeks ago? Obviously the real winners out of all this are Dederang and whoever wins out of barny/Kiewa. I guess the question will be if mcevoy will come into mittas seniors from the seconds? that would be really damaging to mittas 2s.

Wow I leave the country for a week and come back to this. hard to imagine a better script being written for Saturdays game. should be a ripper, id expect whoever loses will really cop it. not sure if both nelsons were playing seniors or not so not sure how that will effect mitta. gray has been pretty quite since culph has been playing, so cant really see it harming mitta too much. Was grays suspension from the melee or was it from his report against barny 2 weeks ago? Obviously the real winners out of all this are Dederang and whoever wins out of barny/Kiewa. I guess the question will be if mcevoy will come into mittas seniors from the seconds? that would be really damaging to mittas 2s.

Kannenberg had a go at Gray who retaliated with a shove, but you aren't allowed to touch officials. Now Thurgoona are appealing? So they initiate the investigation then complain when their blokes get suspended. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Kannenberg had a go at Gray who retaliated with a shove, but you aren't allowed to touch officials. Now Thurgoona are appealing? So they initiate the investigation then complain when their blokes get suspended. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Well said. I can't understand why their president gets so caught up in this stuff. If he wasn't so concerned with what other clubs are up to then Kannenberg and Field would be free to play this weekend.

Plenty of good off-field stuff to keep everyone entertained during the week, but now we are down to what everyone plays for - FINALS.

Have been off the boil the last couple of weeks with the overall season correct percentage dropping to the low 70+%. So, looking at this weeks first week of finals,

Qualifying Final.
Mitta United vs Thurgoona
Elimination Final.
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Barnawartha

More embarrassment for the league overnight. Dangerous precedent being set in country footy, you can do whatever you like just get Findlay to represent you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back