Yack by 56pts

The Lions upset me last week, so a bit nervous about their game this week;

Barnawartha vs Wahgunyah
Wodonga Saints vs Tallangatta
Chiltern vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Mitta United vs Rutherglen
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Thurgoona
Yackandandah vs Beechworth

well done saints ,their win capped a marvellous day the bethanga ground looked fantastic matched by the very healthy crowd

Think the fairy tale is over @ Dederang.

They have the same banker as howlong. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you spend the flag doesn't just arrive with the cash. After watching them against Barny the delivery isn't there to Dan Bradshaw. He didn't play but in the end Chiltern won so some credit.
It's wide open year so who knows what will happen. Just gotta watch out for the sleeping moutain men !!

You clowns..... They have lost 1 game and by the look of the team, they have a few players out from the game on good Friday where my doggies had no awnsers for them.... Chiltern well done on a win but I wouldn't b reading to much into it. What I will be reading into is training tonight and why my team let a 6 goal lead slip I was not there on satdy but does not look good.... I still rate dogs mitta Keiwa dederang as my teams to beat

They have the same banker as howlong. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much you spend the flag doesn't just arrive with the cash. After watching them against Barny the delivery isn't there to Dan Bradshaw. He didn't play but in the end Chiltern won so some credit.
It's wide open year so who knows what will happen. Just gotta watch out for the sleeping moutain men !!

You clowns..... They have lost 1 game and by the look of the team, they have a few players out from the game on good Friday where my doggies had no awnsers for them.... Chiltern well done on a win but I wouldn't b reading to much into it. What I will be reading into is training tonight and why my team let a 6 goal lead slip I was not there on satdy but does not look good.... I still rate dogs mitta Keiwa dederang as my teams to beat
Clowns?? well that is a lovely how do you do!!!
Yes they beat Thurgoona on Good Friday and then Wodonga Saints (much improved) then Yack drew with Barney beat Beechworth and then lost to Chiltern and you say don't read to much into it. Haven't beaten anyone in the 5 apart from your Doggies.
Maybe the CBC (Cheque Book Coach) shouldn't have gobbed off about Dederang's under achievers last season as this time last year they were 4 wins 1 loss beating Kiewa in that mix this year they are 4 wins 1 draw & 1 loss even after the spending splurge. And yet to play Mitta, Kiewa, Rutherglen & Wahgunyah.
Only time will tell if the sword is sharp.

tips this week
Barney by 6gls over Chiltern
Saints by 29pts over Beechworth
KSC by 35pts over Rutherglen
DMB by 56pts over Tallangatta
Thurgoona by 23pts over Yack
Wahgunyah by 13pts over Mitta

Clowns?? well that is a lovely how do you do!!!
Yes they beat Thurgoona on Good Friday and then Wodonga Saints (much improved) then Yack drew with Barney beat Beechworth and then lost to Chiltern and you say don't read to much into it. Haven't beaten anyone in the 5 apart from your Doggies.
Maybe the CBC (Cheque Book Coach) shouldn't have gobbed off about Dederang's under achievers last season as this time last year they were 4 wins 1 loss beating Kiewa in that mix this year they are 4 wins 1 draw & 1 loss even after the spending splurge. And yet to play Mitta, Kiewa, Rutherglen & Wahgunyah.
Only time will tell if the sword is sharp.

Ooooh Chops, let it go mate

Ooooh Chops, let it go mate
get up with it Bobby I can garrantee that is not Chops, but who ever it is got it right The Rangas are no better of than this time last year despite the massive spend. I am sure things will continue to improve for them as the year goes on but have concerns about their game plan, the famous Almond press was shown up on the big Chiltern ground and as we all know the games in September are played on a big ground at Sandy Creek. Hope its not a case of no Daniel no Bombers

Only hit 50% last week - those damn Lions got me again.

Barnawartha vs Chiltern
Beechworth vs Wodonga Saints
Rutherglen vs Kiewa Sandy Creek
Tallangatta vs Dederang Mt Beauty
Thurgoona vs Yackandandah
Wahgunyah vs Mitta United

get up with it Bobby I can garrantee that is not Chops, but who ever it is got it right The Rangas are no better of than this time last year despite the massive spend. I am sure things will continue to improve for them as the year goes on but have concerns about their game plan, the famous Almond press was shown up on the big Chiltern ground and as we all know the games in September are played on a big ground at Sandy Creek. Hope its not a case of no Daniel no Bombers
Oh sorry just looking at your other posts i think you might be chops, as I said let it go .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a nice clean sheet last week, which probably wasn't too hard, so see if we can duplicate that tomorrow:

Mitta United vs Barnawartha
Wodonga Saints vs Rutherglen
Tallangatta vs Beechworth
Wahgunyah vs Chiltern
Yackandandah vs Kiewa Sandy Creek

Hey did anyone go to the interleague last saturday? From all reports the Hume put a 3rd class side on the park and did no favours by the opposition it was playing or the people who turned up to watch. The Hume leagues best players are obviously in the same mind as the mercenaries that run around in the O and M who play for the almighty dollar with no real concept of the honour to be chosen to represent the league you play in. Smart idea by the tallangatta league to play in the VCFL championships next year with actually something to play for.:thumbsu: As for the Hume league playing rep footy again I dunno whether the Farrer or riverina leagues would even bother fielding rep sides if they treat rep footy like this.:thumbsdown:

This is a bit off topic but will throw it out there. Were Holbrook and Culcairn previously in th TDFL up until the early 90's? If so, why? Was discussing it with some mates the other day who said they were but did'nt know why. Some =one feel free to educate us with a history lesson. Tute on people, tute on!

This is a bit off topic but will throw it out there. Were Holbrook and Culcairn previously in th TDFL up until the early 90's? If so, why? Was discussing it with some mates the other day who said they were but did'nt know why. Some =one feel free to educate us with a history lesson. Tute on people, tute on!

Found some history for you -
Holbrook and Culcairn were admitted to the League in 1981 and South Albury who were struggling on and off the field tried to relocate and start afresh as Thurgoona but the move didnt eventuate forcing the Club to fold. Yackandandah Football Clubs origins go back to the 1880s playing in several different comps and Leagues. The Club celebrated their centenary in 1985.The 1987 Premiers were Wodonga Demons defeating Mitta United in their only premiership as the Demons. In 1988 Thurgoona Football Club was formed and were admitted to the TDFL. In 1989 Wodonga Demons were successful in their bid to be admitted to the Ovens and Murray League after several unsuccessful applications and one premiership they moved on to bigger and better things after coming a long way since the Kergunyah days early in the century.

After Culcairn’s unsuccessful 1991 bid to join the Hume League the clubs 1992s bid was approved. So after 11 years in the TDFL and one premiership under their belt the Lions were about to embark into a new era. That same season Bethanga Football Club made the Grand Final under Coach Peter Cross for the first time in the League but lost by 15 points to Peter Copleys Holbrook. Holbrook held their centenary in 1993 having been affiliated with several Leagues in that time. In 1998 and three rejections Holbrook finally won admission to the Hume League on appeal and departed the TDFL. During their 18 years in the Tallangatta League Holbrook won two premierships and were runners-up four times. In 1999 Dederang/Mt Beauty Football Club won their first Premiership since 1962 defeating Kiewa/Sandy Creek. Back in 1962 they were Dederang Football Club.

Holbrook and Culcairn were admitted to the League in 1981 and South Albury who were struggling on and off the field tried to relocate and start afresh as Thurgoona but the move didnt eventuate forcing the Club to fold. Yackandandah Football Clubs origins go back to the 1880s playing in several different comps and Leagues. The Club celebrated their centenary in 1985.The 1987 Premiers were Wodonga Demons defeating Mitta United in their only premiership as the Demons. In 1988 Thurgoona Football Club was formed and were admitted to the TDFL. In 1989 Wodonga Demons were successful in their bid to be admitted to the Ovens and Murray League after several unsuccessful applications and one premiership they moved on to bigger and better things after coming a long way since the Kergunyah days early in the century.

After Culcairn’s unsuccessful 1991 bid to join the Hume League the clubs 1992s bid was approved. So after 11 years in the TDFL and one premiership under their belt the Lions were about to embark into a new era. That same season Bethanga Football Club made the Grand Final under Coach Peter Cross for the first time in the League but lost by 15 points to Peter Copleys Holbrook. Holbrook held their centenary in 1993 having been affiliated with several Leagues in that time. In 1998 and three rejections Holbrook finally won admission to the Hume League on appeal and departed the TDFL. During their 18 years in the Tallangatta League Holbrook won two premierships and were runners-up four times. In 1999 Dederang/Mt Beauty Football Club won their first Premiership since 1962 defeating Kiewa/Sandy Creek. Back in 1962 they were Dederang Football Club.

Great insight into how much the league has changed. I remember playing against Holbrook as a young sainter in 1992. And trying to fit into the small rooms at thurgoona.
So what's going to happen this round? Can the Bombers fire up and show something??
Nelson's are back at Mitta after playing two's for the last couple of games.
Can Barny push up the ladder ?? Wet weather footy is on it's way !!

Okay, back to the local scene of games. Although would suspect that the majority of the players probably aren't too happy with the week on week off that is happening at this time of the season.

Beechworth vs Thurgoona
Chiltern vs Tallangatta
Kiewa Sandy Creek vs Wodonga Saints
Dederang Mt Beauty vs Wahgunyah
Rutherglen vs Barnawartha
Yackandandah vs Mitta United

Nice cut and paste:D:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back