Injury 2013 Injury Update (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor advice wasn't it? :)

Who would pick it though. The guy is so sore and can hardly train and then this.

Can't wait until he plays fit again. I think we may have forgotten just how good that can actually be.

A mighty mighty effort by the little bloke.

And yep, a good rest and a full preseason (hopefully starting in a few weeks) will do him wonders.

Better off bringing in Laidler then.

Disagree.

Laidler hasn't looked particularly likely all season, be it due to a change in role, poor form, injury, or a combination of those factors. It would be a crazy decision to bring him in now in such an important game.

Bootsma has a way to go before he's ready for consistent senior football but at least he has the runs on the board and the miles in the legs. He's played a fair bit of senior football this year and is ready to be recalled should we need him. It would be a brilliant learning curve for Boots to come in for a semi final against the reigning premiers.

If it comes down to a decision between Bootsma and Laidler for this coming weekend, Bootsma wins hands down.

Poor advice wasn't it? :)

Who would pick it though. The guy is so sore and can hardly train and then this.

Can't wait until he plays fit again. I think we may have forgotten just how good that can actually be.

Was going to say. .. Putting it in context, his efforts the past couple of weeks have been great. .. Looked sore in that last Quarter on Sunday but dug deep to keep chipping in. ..

Disagree.

Laidler hasn't looked particularly likely all season, be it due to a change in role, poor form, injury, or a combination of those factors. It would be a crazy decision to bring him in now in such an important game.

Bootsma has a way to go before he's ready for consistent senior football but at least he has the runs on the board and the miles in the legs. He's played a fair bit of senior football this year and is ready to be recalled should we need him. It would be a brilliant learning curve for Boots to come in for a semi final against the reigning premiers.

If it comes down to a decision between Bootsma and Laidler for this coming weekend, Bootsma wins hands down.

Boots doesn't have the body strength or experience yet to cope with finals. Throwing him against a battle hardened Sydney is a good way to completely destroy his confidence. If Boots can't handle Jack Riewoldt and Gunston in the H&A games then he is going to really struggle against Sydney's forwards.

Boots isn't ready for the sort of football that will be played against the Swans. Really, he is just not ready for AFL footy yet. I would stick with McInness. Usually we don't drop a player after one poor game, if Laidler was fit then he would be one to consider. We tend to not like changing a winning side more than we have to. Mclean will probably return. Laidler miles ahead of Bootsma this week, the kid will get carved up by someone in this match and we can never have enough hard tough bodies in a final against the Swans and you know Laidler will be desperate if he got a game much the Way Duigan was last week.

Does anyone know why betts wears that bit of tape just below his kneecap every week?

Will his leg fall off if he doesn't wear it?
It's his barcode. Adelaide scanned it last week and it blew their cash-register up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boots doesn't have the body strength or experience yet to cope with finals. Throwing him against a battle hardened Sydney is a good way to completely destroy his confidence. If Boots can't handle Jack Riewoldt and Gunston in the H&A games then he is going to really struggle against Sydney's forwards.

Boots is not ready for the type of game we are going to be having on Saturday.

Simon White would have been bloody handy right now (if andy mac is injured/omitted this week). Hard as nails and performed pretty well at the start of the season.

Agree :thumbsu:

Marcus;)Davies

*cringe*

Certainly not beyond MM to shock the hell out of us all and throw Laids in.

I would prefer his size over Boots if Andy Mac is to go out.

She's gonna be tough, and we know Boots won't take a backwards step, but he is likely to blow away if there's a stiff breeze.

Is unlikely, but not impossible.

Any news on Waite? He didn't look too good towards the end of the game.
Noticed the same thing. After he took that mark in the last qtr he grabbed at his back. He still managed to kick the goal from 45+ metres but hobbled to the bench straight after. He did return to the field later on but I noticed after the match Hendo jumped on him in excitement and Waite half stopped him and it looked like he said "my back". Hope he hasn't had the back injury from last year flare up again.

McLean would be a massive inclusion if he can get up for the Sydney game this week.
Having said that, I hope we are smart about it and don't include him if we don't think he can get through a full game.

Holly shite. You have 51,387 posts!!! Including leap years it has been 4004 days since you joined. That is almost 13 posts a day for each day of the last 11 years. Say each post takes 5 minutes to compose, and assuming that you work an 8 hour day, that is 535 days of writing posts. If you read BF for 20 minutes for each post that you make, that is 2,141 days spent on BF over the past 10 years. What I want to know, is what you have been doing with the rest of your time?

sorry if its been asked but does anyone know what happened to Mitch on that chase ? The way he looked back and pulled up I'd thought he'd done his Achilles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back