2013 HFNL PreSeason Rumours and News

Remove this Banner Ad

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
Well there may be a Grand Final still to come in HFNL in 2012 but the news and rumours for next season are already flowing and of course its fun to read and talk about who is going where and any other news to do with footy!

This is where we need some more mentions from Big Footy Members!!! Come on down and tell us what you know!!! Keep it friendly and no outrageous statements for no reason.

I ll kick it off with one:

Koroit Coach Adam Dowie is going to make a big play to land 2011 Maskell Medal winner Rhys Raymond, the ex Warrnambool Blues ruckman! Im sure a few other clubs will also be pushing to land him at their club but after playing under Dowie at Warrnambool and knowing Rhys isnt fond of the Blues after failing to finish in top 10 of club b&f in the same year he won the Maskell Medal I would have Koroit as firm favourites if the big guy was to return to Warrnambool from Geelong. He missed all of this season because of a broken ankle.

Also just heard only minutes ago that Old Collegians Football Netball Club in the WDFNL are in talks with Warrnambool veteran midfielder and 2009 Maskell Medal winner Josh Walters to Coach them in 2013. Apparently a very good offer is on the table and they will meet after this weeks GF.

News to hand is that Rhys Raymond will not be returning to Warrnambool for the 2013 Season and will stay in Geelong. Several clubs have contacted him and the replies were all the same. Word is now that Koroit have played the ace up the sleeve and signed a star from Warrnambool FNC. The only star i can think of in that side is Jason Rowan....its widely known he has been thinking of leaving WFNC and it looks like Adam Dowie has provided that opportunity. Huge coup for the Saints so early and will help to recruit further players. All other coaches better get proactive because Dowie is working fast.

Simon O'Keefe who is currently the premiership coach of Panmure in the WDFNL has reportedly been offered a substantial amount to coach Port Fairy FNC in 2013, also has been told he has a huge amount to use to sign players with, under instruction that its built from local players available for all 18 games.

Damian O'Connor of Terang/Mortlake has a whisper floating around about him meeting with Nirranda FNC officials with the prospect of coaching them in 2013, this sounds a bit far fetched for mine but ya just never know i suppose!! Nick Couch was also linked to this move.

Word is North Warrnambool Eagles are on the lookout for a new Assistant Coach and also a new bench coaching team. It has been told to me that Tim Sheldon and Herb Barlow have been told they wont be required next year as AC's but will still be in leadership roles. Also Alan Blackburn will give up his role to commentate local footy on 3YB next year.

Jarrod Thompson will not be re-signing for 2013 with South Warrnambool Roosters, he is accepting an offer elsewhere, possibly Geelong way. Jason and Shane Bourke will also not be returning to the Roosters next season.

Joe McLaren is the new Koroit U/18 Coach. I am yet to see it reported but he has been calling kids in relation to next season.

My final whisper is that Cobden may have a big name coming to play next year, i dont want to speculate who just yet but stay tuned. but possibly a key player leaving to another HFNL club also....

anyone else have whispers?? get in on the forum! I have been talking to myself for months now hahahahha

Jake Myles has been appointed Coach of the newly formed Hamilton merged side. Myles was the Imperials coach for last year and is a highly rated midfielder and leader.

North Warrnambool Eagles long time senior player Josh Parkinson has been interviewed for the Old Collegians Coaching job in 2012. Josh would be a good fit in a district league side and will give his footy career an extended life. Could take a couple of reserves players with him too...

NWEagles midfielder Josh Parkinson has signed as coach of WDFNL side Allansford Cats for the 2013 season.

Camperdown Magpies have signed Ex Colac Assistant Coach Dan Casey. A 29 yr old key position forward who is looking to add to his resume with senior coaching in mind for his future. The word is he will succeed Bernie Moloney's position as Coach in 2014.

The rumours are that Cobden have their sights on a couple of players from South Colac way. Cobden have held on to most of their list for 2013 season and the feeling around the club is they will be extra competitive again!! One would assume the services of some of the kids will be called upon by Geelong Falcons.

Port Fairy have yet to appoint a coach for the 2013 season. With preseason only a month away they would be becoming nervous as they would like to be recruiting heavily.

Portland has kept Jarrod Holt at the helm for the 2013season as they enter the Hampden League for the first time!

Whispers surround the possible appointment of Warrnambool Premiership Player and veteran Paul Looney as Port Fairy Coach in 2013. Could be a reasonable signing for a side looking to rebuild. May have some pulling power amongst the blues boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers surround the possible appointment of Warrnambool Premiership Player and veteran Paul Looney as Port Fairy Coach in 2013. Could be a reasonable signing for a side looking to rebuild. May have some pulling power amongst the blues boys.

Yep that's my mail too. Apparently had several meeting since the blues flag and is keen to take the disappointing seagulls to the top of the table. also hearing andrew McCarthy is keen to follow looney as an assistant coach after being knocked back at Reid oval for the second in charge job. Tim okeefe the biggest chance to be under Scott carter for his third season at the helm.

any recruiting news for koroit or north warrnambool?

None that I know of officially, Koroit have signed a ripper junior in Jayden Brennan, he is built to play top level footy and Adam Dowie snapped him up from under North Warrnambool's noses, North had even had Billie Smedts come and talk with him. As for senior players its quiet on both fronts with talks happening but no movement.

North have sights on a good midfielder and forward from what I hear but through respect to my source I won't name names just yet.

Yea
Yep that's my mail too. Apparently had several meeting since the blues flag and is keen to take the disappointing seagulls to the top of the table. also hearing andrew McCarthy is keen to follow looney as an assistant coach after being knocked back at Reid oval for the second in charge job. Tim okeefe the biggest chance to be under Scott carter for his third season at the helm.

Yeah absolutely sounds similar to my mail. Aaron O'Callahan who formerly played for Warrnambool is another likely link to the coaching staff.

Port Fairy have interviewed ex-Carlton and current West Adelaide player Brad Fisher for the coaching position in 2013. Still in top condition too from all reports. Been a leading goal kicker for West Adelaide.

Cobden have signed a young gun from Colac, he is regarded as one of the top kids in the league and has decided to join the bombers in 2013. They have also signed a Simpson CHF who is also highly regarded in the Colac league. Names supplied as they come to hand.

As most would know the merged Hamilton sides are now to be officially known as the Hamilton Kangaroos. So we welcome them aboard along with the Portland Tigers. Word is Portland will play at home rd.1 v Cobden Bombers.

Warrnambool in talks with a gun ruckman. North will be circling also.

Can we get some 2013 predictions happening? Here's my ladder
Warrnambool
Camperdown
Koroit
North
Cobden
South
Hamilton
Terang
Portland
Port fairy

Maskell Levi dare