2012 starts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe the WFL Commision has sent a letter to the Horsham Rural City Council asking for Horsham and Horsham United to have alternate use of the City Oval on Tuesday and Thursday nights. IMO Horsham being the traditional occupier of the City Oval, they should have first choice on when they train there.

This whole issue regarding training nights should not even be up for discussion. When United came to the city oval, an agreement was signed to say that Horsham would have Tuesday and Thursdays during the season and in the off season Horsham would have Mondays and Wednesday. Already Horsham have had to make concessions by giving United Monday and Wednesday throughout the year and Horsham have to train Tuesday & Thursday even in the off season.
Whilst this may not seem fair to othersl, that was the agreement that was signed by United as they stated they did not want to impact on Horsham by coming to City Oval. The statement at the time was made 'you won't even know we are here'.

This whole issue regarding training nights should not even be up for discussion. When United came to the city oval, an agreement was signed to say that Horsham would have Tuesday and Thursdays during the season and in the off season Horsham would have Mondays and Wednesday. Already Horsham have had to make concessions by giving United Monday and Wednesday throughout the year and Horsham have to train Tuesday & Thursday even in the off season.
Whilst this may not seem fair to othersl, that was the agreement that was signed by United as they stated they did not want to impact on Horsham by coming to City Oval. The statement at the time was made 'you won't even know we are here'.

'you won't even know we are here'. you can say that again! At joint working bees that is exactly right. When change rooms were renovated it was meant to be a 500 hours per club contribution. United would not have even got to 300 hours. Whilst good all Demons soaked up the excess with 700+

'you won't even know we are here'. you can say that again! At joint working bees that is exactly right. When change rooms were renovated it was meant to be a 500 hours per club contribution. United would not have even got to 300 hours. Whilst good all Demons soaked up the excess with 700+
H

You are so right!!

I believe the WFL Commision has sent a letter to the Horsham Rural City Council asking for Horsham and Horsham United to have alternate use of the City Oval on Tuesday and Thursday nights. IMO Horsham being the traditional occupier of the City Oval, they should have first choice on when they train there.

Moose is on the money.

What this has to do with the commission is beyond me. I thought they would have more important things to attend to.

United signed of on an agreement several years back, so cant see it going far.

By all reports united president has been giving the issue legs at his 1/2 time speech.

If anyone thinks that by United training on Tues & Thurs on their home games is going to make them stronger, I have bad news.

Fancy, Lets put some facts straight. in regard WFL Constitution.
Rule 13.1 of the WFL constitution states no more than 8 commissioners from the WFL. A further 4 can be appointed from the WNA. How many commissioners are there currently from the WFL? Have a read of the WFL footballer, you may discover some home truths.

Rule 13.7 The Commissioners shall not be paid out of funds of the WFL. Why are there two commissioners who also double as umpires paid from WFL funds. Snouts in the troughs?

When highly credentialed people like Wes Richardson & Bill Phelan resign from Commission mid term, something stinks. There is no more highly respected Commissioners left than those two that have resigned.
From posts I have read of yours you make cheap shots at volunteers from Horsham Footy Club but then criticise people who question league officials whom fail to comply with the rules that govern their conduct. Regardless of their integrity if they sit in silence of a non compliance to the constitution they are as bad as the powers who perpetrate that non compliance.
Those rules are enshrined for a reason, to ensure people do not put their snouts in the trough. The fact that two current WFL Commissioners are also employees of the WFL is a disgrace and outlawed by the constitution.
I have re-read the original post you replied to and see no corrolation to the Horsham Footy Club. No criticism of the umpiring fraternity that you bring to account.
I would encourage you to bring some evidence to the table or piss off back to the rock you crawled out from under.

Ok, I know most of you don't like reading about the whole umpires saga (particularly Fancy the one who apparently doesn't like anyones post and whole life existence I think is to stir sh*t on this forum!) but explain this one to me???

Last year a new position on the commission was created for Mr "gold buttons" Smith's hospital employee Anthony Croke to coach the WFL's own umpiring group. He was lured/forced into this role with ridiculous renumeration from the league (CLUBS!)

My mail is that this paid employee/board member will be umpiring in the Mininera League tomorrow AND IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME!!

How can the clubs be forkin out for someone to umpire and coach in their league - AND THEN HE GOES AND UMPIRES IN ANOTHER ONE????

Ok, I know most of you don't like reading about the whole umpires saga (particularly Fancy the one who apparently doesn't like anyones post and whole life existence I think is to stir sh*t on this forum!) but explain this one to me???

Last year a new position on the commission was created for Mr "gold buttons" Smith's hospital employee Anthony Croke to coach the WFL's own umpiring group. He was lured/forced into this role with ridiculous renumeration from the league (CLUBS!)

My mail is that this paid employee/board member will be umpiring in the Mininera League tomorrow AND IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME!!

How can the clubs be forkin out for someone to umpire and coach in their league - AND THEN HE GOES AND UMPIRES IN ANOTHER ONE????
I would suggest that the 200KM + travelling money he would get on top of his game money may have something to do with it...wouldn't surprise then to see a minnera umpire travelling up to Nhill to umpire as well. Agree disgraceful if true.....
Whilst on the league.
How much do clubs get back compared to other Leagues??
How much do they have to pay out compared to other leagues?
As it appears to me that its not just the clubs that pay excess money..Why does it cost more to get into Wimmera footy than other leagues? (or ones I have been to anyway).

What are the chances of expanding the league. Could bringing in kaniva or the tatiara clubs be a possibility or would travelling be a problem???

What are the chances of expanding the league. Could bringing in kaniva or the tatiara clubs be a possibility or would travelling be a problem???

Pushing further west only creates travel for Stawell and Ararat and WFL would risk losing them. I honestly believe, as I have posted before, St Arnaud & Donald makes the most sense to be added to WFL. North Central has 6 clubs and can soon be dissolved into other leagues. I am sure North Central officials would disagree but restructuring has to start some where.

Not sure much appeal for Hamilton to come this way with minimum of 130kms to travel each 2nd week. Although they would play many away games in Mt Gambier.

To the best of my knowledge there is VCFL rules governing approaching or poaching clubs from other leagues and I could not see St Arnaud or Donald volunteering to come this way.

For your information d**khead north central has 7 teams, none of which i can assure you want to be dissolved into other leagues.If you are so desperate to disband something do your own league,just keep your uninformed paws off ours.
Calm down mate, it's only his opinion. Obviously he has no say in what clubs are affiliated with what leagues. This is just a place where people discuss different opinions / options. Don't make it personal :)

I was looking at the results of the reserves from the weekend and can't believe the scoreline from the top of the ladder clash between Warrack & Stawell. 100 points to nothing, How could 2nd place Stawell not score? Other than Warrack at the top and the side on the bottom of the ladder the reserves competition is fairly even this year. Nhill got within a couple of points of Stawell last week, then the Burras got over the line against Nhill on Saturday. Dimboola beat Horsham on Saturday but the Horsham Saints beat Dimmy a few rounds back. Obviously most teams are struggling for numbers particularly away games and this could have been an issue for Stawell.

Calm down mate, it's only his opinion. Obviously he has no say in what clubs are affiliated with what leagues. This is just a place where people discuss different opinions / options. Don't make it personal :)

We now see what problems the VCFL face. You cannot even start a rationale debate w/o someone flying of the handle over nothing. People are very passionate about their clubs and leagues so I do not pity the VCFL trying to restructure country football.

I only hope that by doing nothing that some leagues or the game itself does not perish.

I have nothing against North Central League but geographically it is easiest to carve up. Be it 6 or 7 clubs I do find irrelevane, that was not the issue. If WFL was to be carved up, most clubs have no where to go other than district leagues.

It is a sensitive subject obviously, but I appeal to others keep the debate rationale. As toohard has said this is a forum to toss around ideas. No one, well near no one, is looking to discredit other leagues.

We now see what problems the VCFL face. You cannot even start a rationale debate w/o someone flying of the handle over nothing. People are very passionate about their clubs and leagues so I do not pity the VCFL trying to restructure country football.

I only hope that by doing nothing that some leagues or the game itself does not perish.

I have nothing against North Central League but geographically it is easiest to carve up. Be it 6 or 7 clubs I do find irrelevane, that was not the issue. If WFL was to be carved up, most clubs have no where to go other than district leagues.

It is a sensitive subject obviously, but I appeal to others keep the debate rationale. As toohard has said this is a forum to toss around ideas. No one, well near no one, is looking to discredit other leagues.
Carving up leagues is not the answer. There are simply too many clubs or too many grades these days for the amount of people that are available or who want to play footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carving up leagues is not the answer. There are simply too many clubs or too many grades these days for the amount of people that are available or who want to play footy.

Would not reducing clubs lead to leagues having to amalgamate?

Problem with reducing clubs also leads to reduced availability for kids to play. Somehow there needs to be more availability for kids to play with maybe less requirement for adults to play.

Maybe even a flexible arrangement on numbers required for a game.

What ever the formula it would suit some clubs but disadvantage others. Finding a solution that keeps every club happy is near impossible. For example clubs in Horsham could probably field U17, U15 & U13 whilst out lying clubs could not. I love Horsham Saints idea of having mini's or U12 whatever it is on Friday night at Coughlin Park.

Great initiative that can only lead to greater numbers feeding into their junior ranks and subsequently senior ranks.

Do we need an independent junior league again, but who will run it?

Lets play a little game. Guess the score for the Eagles v United reserves match.

The Eagles smashed Stawell last week and touched up the Diggers by 200 odd in their last encounter.

40.20 260 v 0.0 0

For those playing at home the final score was .

Eagles 43.16 - 274 v 0.0 - 0

Do l get a prize? :)

You have won a 2013 Horsham United Membership!!!

Reserves games only go for 80 minutes or thereabouts. That is a score every 80 seconds. You would be lucky to do that at training where there is no opposition.

I am sure if they train Tuesday & Thursday next year all this will be reversed!!!!

You have won a 2013 Horsham United Membership!!!

Reserves games only go for 80 minutes or thereabouts. That is a score every 80 seconds. You would be lucky to do that at training where there is no opposition.

I am sure if they train Tuesday & Thursday next year all this will be reversed!!!!

Have heard that warrack are the next club looking for a coach for 2013 with the Schultzs pulling the pin on them at the end of this season.

The VCFL released a report today on footy in the Southwest. The VCFL produced this report after the Western Border League request. Recommendations include the two Hamilton clubs merge and join the Hampden League. Could a similar report be commissoned for the future of footy in this area?

From the VCFL website >

http://www.vcfl.com.au/index.php?id=7&tx_ttnews[year]=2012&tx_ttnews[month]=07&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=775&cHash=c1cbf19f51726c6f4274a2308beab202

From the Hamilton Specator >

http://www.spec.com.au/blog/2012/07/25/vcfl-says-merge/

The VCFL released a report today on footy in the Southwest. The VCFL produced this report after the Western Border League request. Recommendations include the two Hamilton clubs merge and join the Hampden League. Could a similar report be commissoned for the future of footy in this area?

From the VCFL website >

http://www.vcfl.com.au/index.php?id=7&tx_ttnews[year]=2012&tx_ttnews[month]=07&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=775&cHash=c1cbf19f51726c6f4274a2308beab202

From the Hamilton Specator >

http://www.spec.com.au/blog/2012/07/25/vcfl-says-merge/
As this only a recommendation at this stage, if the two clubs involved don't agree, can the VCFL force them to merge??

Pete Miller reported on the radio this morning that the boys were stepping down as coaches but will continue as players.

After Peter Miller form today and of recent times, you may not hear much more from him!

Lost his job for unmentionables on the Ace Radio Board Room table and then proceeded to give the empire a spray at 1/2 time speech of the game today before he was forcibly removed from the premises.

Be interested to see if John Smith and his band of merry puppets intervene in this dispute!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back