2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure and I quote "I popped in briefly to watch the Kings vs Hornets match. I was blown away by how good Aspley were (although OUR LADS were down a few and weren't playing to potentia). Hats off to the Hornets. They'd obviously done their homework, nullified the Kings' good players and they had some very handy players themselves"

Look i may be wrong here but it does seem to me that you are a King's Man.

Yes it will be another tight year in this division no doubt about it.

Are you sure and I quote "I popped in briefly to watch the Kings vs Hornets match. I was blown away by how good Aspley were (although OUR LADS were down a few and weren't playing to potentia). Hats off to the Hornets. They'd obviously done their homework, nullified the Kings' good players and they had some very handy players themselves"

Look i may be wrong here but it does seem to me that you are a King's Man.

Yes it will be another tight year in this division no doubt about it.

If your last name is King, I'd suggest your first name should be Wayne, the way you always refer to the kings as "us" "our boys" etc.

few interesting results from the weekend. Any word from the various camps as to how the games went?

Interesting results? What results were interesting? The only game that might've gone the other way was wynnum vs robina. Robina always struggle away from their coast umpires......sorry their home ground

Interesting results? What results were interesting? The only game that might've gone the other way was wynnum vs robina. Robina always struggle away from their coast umpires......sorry their home ground

yeah robina play againt brisbane teams every second week, brisbane teams come down to the coast once a year, you get frustrated once a year, we get frustrated every second week with the umpires. We deal with it, what goes around comes around. In the space of a season it all evens up.

yeah robina play againt brisbane teams every second week, brisbane teams come down to the coast once a year, you get frustrated once a year, we get frustrated every second week with the umpires. We deal with it, what goes around comes around. In the space of a season it all evens up.

Do you guys take your really good and unbiased goal umpire with you to all your games, or just use him at home fixtures?

Do you guys take your really good and unbiased goal umpire with you to all your games, or just use him at home fixtures?

The old you guys cheated line.

If you played seniors and were beaten by a kick then maybe rather then having a crack at a decision made by a volunteer (who ultimately can be over ruled by the field umpire if they make a blatently wrong decision)you could go over the 120 minutes of football and see if you could have done something differently.

Or if you played reserves and had a good win then I'm not sure what your point is?

Do you take your really good grammar and spelling with you to your workplace?

p.s where abouts is brisane?

Hi all,

I went to the Kedron versus Red Lions match on the weekend. The score was 23-49. I thought the best player for Kedron was P. McLaren and the best player for UQ was M. Keighley.

I had a mate go to the Coorparoo versus Yeronga match. From what he tells me it was a thorough smashing by the boys in blue. Even though Coorparoo had a couple of guns out including their best forward, their running style of play was superior to the stalling tactics that the Yeronga boys were trying on. There were a couple of incidents in the game that were a bit unsavoury, but from what I saw the game was played in a good spirit.

As for Robina having biased goal umpires and field umpires in their pockets - are you seriously suggesting that this isn't true scottsdaledrive? Win, lose or draw, I've never left there thinking we were given a fair crack. The amount of shocking goal umpire decisions we've copped there in the past has been astounding. Something should be done about it, in my opinion. :D

Hi all,

I went to the Kedron versus Red Lions match on the weekend. The score was 23-49. I thought the best player for Kedron was P. McLaren and the best player for UQ was M. Keighley.

I had a mate go to the Coorparoo versus Yeronga match. From what he tells me it was a thorough smashing by the boys in blue. Even though Coorparoo had a couple of guns out including their best forward, their running style of play was superior to the stalling tactics that the Yeronga boys were trying on. There were a couple of incidents in the game that were a bit unsavoury, but from what I saw the game was played in a good spirit.

As for Robina having biased goal umpires and field umpires in their pockets - are you seriously suggesting that this isn't true scottsdaledrive? Win, lose or draw, I've never left there thinking we were given a fair crack. The amount of shocking goal umpire decisions we've copped there in the past has been astounding. Something should be done about it, in my opinion. :D

Mate im not even going to dignify your post with any sort of meanigful reply until you can sort your sh*t out...

a mate who saw the game, but from what you saw the game was in good spirit? never left thinking we were given a fair crack?

your kidding yourself mate - i guess unfair goal umpires were the reason we beat you both home and away last year was it..... sorry not you i mean the boys in blue...:D

Hi all,

You sound like you have split personalities there King, u should probably get that looked at.

This is effectively div 4 and 5 in terms of umpires so I think anyone that expects to get quality is kidding themselves. We often get the same umpires in Brisbane who end up knowing our names and vice versa when we play robina the umpires who do their games every 2 weeks know their names.

Agree with what was posted before about rather then potting the umpires or volunteers why dont you worry about your own games. I know there are plenty of blokes making multiple mistakes in games in both our seniors and reserves.

To say one team gets more of an advantage then the other is not real smart.

Hi all,

Mate, are you the full quid? You've clearly gotten the UQ result and best players off the website and watched your beloved kings play! Fair dinkum, sort yourself out.

Why doesn't Robina just get someone else to do the goal umpiring? Surely that would fix any issues that clubs are having…:confused:

i think the guy who was goal umpire that day is normally our donut full back who was out injured, so he was most likely very biased. Speaking of donuts how is that irish player of yours going? im guessing he still cant get a kick so he is trying to trip his opponent over as usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Sorry i thought you weren't associated with any team, yet you have never left robina thinking "we were given a fair crack". Im trying to work out who the bigger spud is King me or Bound for glory.

Sorry i thought you weren't associated with any team, yet you have never left robina thinking "we were given a fair crack". Im trying to work out who the bigger spud is King me or Bound for glory.

This King fella is either deliberately winding us all up, or one of the biggest idiots getting round. Either way, I love him and the way he "has mates at game", giving him indepth reports to put on bigfooty, constently points out having no allignment to a club, yet has King in his name, constently refers to the Kings as "us" "we" etc and is clearly a player from the Kings.

The "I went to Uni game" was your best work yet. The game you are at has a one paragraph review listing best players off net, and the game "your mate" went to gets a full right up with in depth analysis.

Classic stuff really. Keep it up "Kingy". Oh thats right, its just your "last name".... hahaha!

And Finally ...this forum has kicked off and is raging!!!

Firstly i would like to say that i agree 110% with the comments about the robina goal umpire..my question is where is his guide dog?

Seen first hand many shithouse decsions at scottsdale drive over my time.

on a positive note.. robina on top...well done lads.early days we all remember what happened to Alex after being 7-2 last year dont we ?

King me is defs a kings player/supporter invovled from what i can tell.

Kings having players out.. i have actually heard this rumor aswell...maybe a ruckman? and a midfielder or 2?

Early days i know but kenmore seem to look the good this year...helps when plummer is up and firing.

Any early predictions for
-Flag
-runners up
-Leading goal kicker
-league medalist
???

Keep the banter coming blokes.

And Finally ...this forum has kicked off and is raging!!!

Firstly i would like to say that i agree 110% with the comments about the robina goal umpire..my question is where is his guide dog?

Seen first hand many shithouse decsions at scottsdale drive over my time.

on a positive note.. robina on top...well done lads.early days we all remember what happened to Alex after being 7-2 last year dont we ?

King me is defs a kings player/supporter invovled from what i can tell.

Kings having players out.. i have actually heard this rumor aswell...maybe a ruckman? and a midfielder or 2?

Early days i know but kenmore seem to look the good this year...helps when plummer is up and firing.

Any early predictions for
-Flag
-runners up
-Leading goal kicker
-league medalist
???

Keep the banter coming blokes.

Early days, but the way I see it there are probably 3 very good teams - Coorparoo, UQ and Kenmore, 3 teams not far off them - Robina, Alex and Aspley and 3 teams who aren't much chop - Wynnum, Kedron, Yeronga.

However, it is clear that almost any team could beat another team on any given Saturday.

Flag - UQ
Runner-up - the Kings just over the bears
Goal kicker - milikan
league medalist - plummer

I'm tipping the off field contributor of the year to be King Me.

You guys can't be too harsh on the Robina goal umpire, I'm pretty sure he has a moderate level of ******ation so it's not entirely his fault that he makes horrendous decisions.

Another close season by the looks of the first 5 rounds. UQ and Coorparoo once again look like the teams to beat. Uni's game against Kenmore this weekend should show us if the bears are a contender or not. So far they have only beaten Yeronga, Alex Hills and Aspley so not a lot can be taken from that. Tipping UQ to get up by 4-5 goals depending on the weather.

The only other close game this round will be Wynnum vs Yeronga. I'm tipping wynnum to get over the line in this game. They have a few too many younger fast running players that will run rings around the devils. Yeronga seem to be persisting with older players this season and with a lot of the teams having younger fitter players it has backfired. How they beat UQ by 1 point still baffles me.

Coorparoo will have a percentage booster against Alex Hills and Aspley will do the same against Kedron.

Flag - UQ
Runner up - Kings
Goal kicker - Murray
Medalist - Wray

Ladder prediction - UQ, Kings, Bears, Roos, Vikings, Hornets, Kedron, Bombers, Devils

Hi Guys

Time to lay off the Goal Umpiring , there are plenty of reasons why teams lose football matches. People are human and make mistakes (Including Players) All 9 Clubs in Div 2 can not claim perfection of their own club umpires so lets move on.:)

Flag-UQ
Runners-Coorparoo
Roughie- Wynnum
Goal Kicker- Plummer
Medalist - Wouldn't have a clue

Hi Guys

Time to lay off the Goal Umpiring , there are plenty of reasons why teams lose football matches. People are human and make mistakes (Including Players) All 9 Clubs in Div 2 can not claim perfection of their own club umpires so lets move on.:)

Flag-UQ
Runners-Coorparoo
Roughie- Wynnum
Goal Kicker- Plummer
Medalist - Wouldn't have a clue

Agree,
I'm sure each club has had a horrid decision from a volunteer. Evens itself out over the space of the year and they are forgotten by the next week anyway.

Kings and UQ look the benchmark again, so hard to go past them in Premiership talks for now (only early days).
With former Vultures premiership captain Gareth Dosser joining Coorparoo and patrolling the opposite end to Morrison, amongst the return of 5-6 premiership players after injury, will be a strong outfit at the right time of the year.

Kenmore are extremely young so will only get better as time goes by - noticed they have raided the Western Magpies stock - large amount of 19-22 y/o have trekked down the road from Chelmer St. Ielasi, Allan, Baldwin etc are all finding their way into the top level of midfielders in the competition. Top 3 finish looks likely for them. Play a quick brand of footy which makes Plummer's life easy. Can see him winning goal kicking.

Will be a slight gap after this in my eyes, will be a fight between Robina, Alex and Wynnum to round out the 5.

Yeronga as mentioned, can no longer get away with the amount of bigger bodies they have. Fitness levels look below average and if the older bodies can't get a win early in the year, can't see it getting any better as they slowly tire throughout the season.

Haven't seen enough of Kedron in the short time they have been around - were okay last year and have no doubt improved. Loss of Duffield to Morningside hurts them but I'm sure they will challenge some as they always do.

Next couple of weeks will start to see the ladder take some shape - looking forward to the GF replay in a few weeks time and we can see who will be the hunted come late August.

Flag - Kings
Runners - UQ
Roughie- Robina
Goal Kicker- Plummer
Medalist - As above - Polls high every year. Umpires always a bit off the money. Ben Gibson if it was the actual best player in competition.

In regards to goalkicking....how many times would you say clubs 'accidentally' put down the wrong number of goals kicked for their better players....eg Plummer was credited with 4 on the weekend when he actually kicked 2. No one from kenmore will fix it and it may cost someone the medal who deserves it.....thoughts???

In regards to goalkicking....how many times would you say clubs 'accidentally' put down the wrong number of goals kicked for their better players....eg Plummer was credited with 4 on the weekend when he actually kicked 2. No one from kenmore will fix it and it may cost someone the medal who deserves it.....thoughts???

Fair point - isnt it the responsibility of the timekeepers to log the numbers of the goal kickers and this information is then given to the home club to enter online? Don't know if this is where the home club ie kenmore are manipulating the results or not.

No idea how to police it.... that said at our club the boys are pretty onto how many they have kicked each each week and have heard of requests made for the details to be changed.

Personally I think Coorparoo will win the comp again - their bigger bodies seem to intimidate UQ - UQ rolled by Yeronga suggests game may have been won in close. just my opinion tho.

I think Murray from Robina will win the Goal Kicking - what has happened to Weterings, Corrie and the small forward they had that used to kick their goals? Is Murray related to the coach at all?

Fair point - isnt it the responsibility of the timekeepers to log the numbers of the goal kickers and this information is then given to the home club to enter online? Don't know if this is where the home club ie kenmore are manipulating the results or not.

No idea how to police it.... that said at our club the boys are pretty onto how many they have kicked each each week and have heard of requests made for the details to be changed.

I think Murray from Robina will win the Goal Kicking - what has happened to Weterings, Corrie and the small forward they had that used to kick their goals? Is Murray related to the coach at all?

Interesting thoughts 4WIW. I personally disagree that you can say that UQ are intimidated by the Kings, especially since neither teams have met this year. I am looking forward to the rematch against the Kings though. Hopefully the guys we've picked up for this season will help in redeeming after one bad day on the last day of the season

Interesting thoughts 4WIW. I personally disagree that you can say that UQ are intimidated by the Kings, especially since neither teams have met this year. I am looking forward to the rematch against the Kings though. Hopefully the guys we've picked up for this season will help in redeeming after one bad day on the last day of the season

Dont take that the wrong way - not calling anyone soft or anything like that.

Just an observation that Kings were harder in GF and UQ loss this year to Yeronga who everyone is saying are more of an older, bigger bodied team then a fit fast moving team.

Question raised in good faith here:
Do many clubs pay players? Not looking to start WW3 - had a conversation with someone on committee the other day whether it is better to pay each play a very small amount or have sizeable incentives for BOG in both grades. Interested in other clubs policies and thoughts are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back