Injury 2012 Carlton Injury List Update - Keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No doubt there is an issue with his knee. That much has been clear since the GWS game.
But this sounds very much a case of 2+2=5
That website is a joke.

Someone posted that Curnow is carrying an injury in his leg.

Injury Update – June 5, 2012

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/injury/tabid/4314/default.aspx

Andrew CarrazzoShoulder
3 weeks

Levi Casboult
Knee
4 weeks

Marcus Davies
Shoulder
5 weeks

Nick Duigan
Calf
Test

Lachie Henderson
Groin
Test

Nick Heyne
Hamstring
3 weeks

Matthew Kreuzer
Hamstring
Test

Jeremy Laidler
Knee
3 weeks

Marc Murphy
Shoulder
6-8 weeks

Sam Rowe
Testicular Cancer
Indefinite

Jordan Russell
Hamstring
1 week

Heath Scotland
Calf
3 weeks

Bret Thornton
Gluteal Strain
Test

Jarrad Waite
Back
2 weeks

Simon White
Knee
8 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duigan, Henderson, Kruezer, Thornton all return?

That's some serious height. Out Bower, Joseph, Collins, Watson?

I'd be sticking with Collins and Watson. Neither have been outstanding, but they most certainly haven't been our worst performed. There'd be a fair few I'd get rid of before those two.

Duigs is an important player when he's playing well but not sure that he deserves to be an automatic inclusion. Injuries have taken their toll, but even when he's played seniors he hasn't exactly been great. I'd be playing him in the reserves until he works his way back into some solid form.

Why on earth is Kreuzer listed as a hamstring? I'm pretty sure its his knee and he's had problems with it for a while now. When he was withdrawn it was apparently a knee which changed into a hamstring.

He was meant to miss the GWS game but was forced back in but was seen on tv icing his knee straight after the game.

Hope it's his hammy but not convinced.

I'd be sticking with Collins and Watson. Neither have been outstanding, but they most certainly haven't been our worst performed. There'd be a fair few I'd get rid of before those two.

Duigs is an important player when he's playing well but not sure that he deserves to be an automatic inclusion. Injuries have taken their toll, but even when he's played seniors he hasn't exactly been great. I'd be playing him in the reserves until he works his way back into some solid form.

Agreed, player develop of 'youngsters' is important, I just see the selectors making wholesale changes as a knee-jerk reaction.

I'd drop Garlett ahead of Collins but Jeff seems to escape the axe each time. Curnow could miss if reports of carrying an injury are true. Watson I'd be happy to keep also but if Kreuzer (3rd ruck) and Thornton are brought in to provide some options in attack then Bower and MW go out due to balance.

Duigan hasn't been in great form but neither has Joseph.

Agreed, player develop of 'youngsters' is important, I just see the selectors making wholesale changes as a knee-jerk reaction.

I'd like to think so, but I'm not sure that wholesale changes are a part of the MC's thinking. And even if we do make a number of changes, which we really should, I'd be more inclined to drop a few of the senior players before the younger blokes.

I'd drop Garlett ahead of Collins but Jeff seems to escape the axe each time. Curnow could miss if reports of carrying an injury are true. Watson I'd be happy to keep also but if Kreuzer (3rd ruck) and Thornton are brought in to provide some options in attack then Bower and MW go out due to balance.

On form I agree with you, Jeffy certainly should be playing for the Northern Blues this weekend. However, the Cats aren't exactly in the best of form and they are certainly beatable. I don't think we'll win on Friday night, but if we are to have any chance, one of the main ways we can exploit them is through our pace - and Jeffy is a large factor in that. On that basis alone I'd probably keep him in for one more week to see if he can turn his form around.

Duigan hasn't been in great form but neither has Joseph.

Agreed - AJ has been terrible lately. I'd certainly be dropping him this week but given his struggles with injury and his lack of form, I'm not sure if Duigan is the right player to be bringing in for him.

Slim pickings right now.

Sad to hear that Waite isn't even running or training at all.

For the first time in 4 years, I'm at a loss - no idea who we can bring in to provide a boost, no idea what we can change to spark the boys into the form we all know they're capable of.

In the words of Thylacine, and 1981 before him, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :(

Slim pickings right now.

Sad to hear that Waite isn't even running or training at all.

For the first time in 4 years, I'm at a loss - no idea who we can bring in to provide a boost, no idea what we can change to spark the boys into the form we all know they're capable of.

In the words of Thylacine, and 1981 before him, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :(

Some senior reinforcements will go a long way to sparking the life back into the team. Losing so many first team players has unfortunately shown a few players up for their ability to take their games to the next level. Someone like Curnow can be a good player in a good team, but lose a few players from the midfield and i just think he's found wanting for quality, but not effort. Unfortunately there is a few cases of that happening at the moment and the way its rectified... getting those experienced bodies back.

Just heard Ratten on Ten News saying Waite may be 6-8 weeks.

FFS we can't take a trick.

This will be the 3rd or 4th season in a row where Waite has missed 1/3 to 1/2 of the season.

I would bring Mitchell in after 1 or 2 more games in the VFL.

We have nothing to lose at this point........

Mitchell need at least a month in the VFL. I'd give Watson a good run at CHB and throw Henderson forward. If Lachie is fit. :( #Carltoncurse #runsfromJimthegreat

Blues at a loss over long Waite
Ratten said he wouldn’t like to be a ‘‘190 (cm) plus’’ player at Carlton at the moment, saying the club had lost a big crop of big men recently. (Nine nominal ‘talls’ are on the casualty list this week.)

He joked that players of such stature had to be careful to observe the blinking “green man at the lights” when crossing the street, so many had fallen to misfortune in recent times.
Blues at a loss over long Waite

Just heard Ratten on Ten News saying Waite may be 6-8 weeks.

FFS we can't take a trick.

This will be the 3rd or 4th season in a row where Waite has missed 1/3 to 1/2 of the season.

I would bring Mitchell in after 1 or 2 more games in the VFL.

We have nothing to lose at this point........

As soon as mitchell can run out a game he should be named without question. Until then he will have to build up fitness

Totally annoying from Waite...demands a three yr deal and we give it to him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back