2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just follow my tips warriors by almost 15 goals the x factor got 5 or 6 richo 4 or 5 Eli was special, gareth the spunky preacher Crawford was hot, hot, hot jarrod gleeson got tired from all his kicks, Clinton hall was great Matthew lynch what a spunk controlled the centre. And sarge gave Todd a bath. Whoop whoop, go warriors:D:D:D:D:thumbsu:

can they play like that next week?......its a pity that collegians have maybe the lowest following of any club in the league......good luck to them!!!..they have such a low following that thier grand final celebrations will be on the corner of henna and lava streets...in a phone box!!!.....im joking!!!

What a huge win by the Warriors, Crawford is a gun and Sargent shut up shop for Big Todd.
Did anyone else see Hall limping to the bench mid way through the 3rd?

Big win indeed.

Was a bit of a fizzer really. I went to watch and was looking forward to Merrivale giving them a show of how to apply pressure in finals. Well what a let down they were, to the Warriors credit they were all class and their run with quick hands was a highlight and in fact it will be a similar style to Kolora in the Granny.

So what happens this weekend? Do the Warriors go defensive and try and shut down Kolora's run? Or do both sides attack full on and see who gets the best result? I'd hope it was the latter as that would make for a great watch on Saturday.

My Tips and notes: Warriors by 2 goals. I know I've changed my tip but the reasoning is sound.
1. Kolora only effectively playing 1 game in just under a month. Old Collegians will be more match ready and hardened.
2. Collegians goals come quickly and are unpredictable and as such hard to match on. McCartney always seems to kick plenty, and Richardson as well. But then on the weekend a few other options popped out, Ryan kicked 3, and The other mcCartney lad, if he had kicked straight would've had some influence as well.
3. HOWEVER: I think the game will be one and lost in the middle, and with Kolora's all star big man Robinson dominating over Collegians smaller ruck options this may be a decider.

Guess we will have to wait and see! What's everyone's thoughts??

I am going to agree with you Local as long as Clinton Hall comes up, his run up and down the wing on Saturday and a couple of goals in the 1st quarter set the warriors up. You mentioned the small ruck option, do you think Keane is still a chance I know Patch has been good but if Robinson is as good as they say they made need a taller ruckman. Interesting who Kenna picks up, he likes to run off half back, if he lined up on McCartney he would have to stay home a bit more. You would think Johnson will be tagged, but if he lined up next to Crawford this could make for an exciting battle.

Every final so far has been a blow out so I am going with Collegians by less than a goal but if Hall misses Kolora by 15 points. There you go Hall is worth 20 points haha.

BTW fan I have been to a Thousand Dollar draw at the Davidson and the pack the place out watch out if they win.

After watching the last couple of weeks I put together a new team of the year, I think the WDFNL should have a Finals team of the year, heres my go.

B. Devan Healey, Michael Sargeant, Tyrone Paatsch
H.B. Jarrod Gleeson, Nathan Auld ,Jeremy Gleeson
C. Aaron Conn, Matthew Lynch,Clinton Hall
H.F. Xavier McCartney , Aaron William, Justin Lynch
F. Nathan Forth, Michael Townsend, Sam McCartney
Rks. Jimmy Ryan, Garath Crawford, Eli.Barker
Int. Troy Richardson, Josh Dwyer, Jimmy McKenzie

Hahahaha GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!:D

Is this just an Old Collegians thread? Sounds like we have a lot of bandwagon jumpers. I said from the beginning of the year the power will win and that will be the case. Clinton Hall has very rarely played a good game against them when he was at dennington and with a crook knee it wont change so he wont be the difference. Sarge will not have much of an influence because he will stop his opponent but then someone else will pop up unlike merrivale who relied on mclean. Power's midfield is alot stronger with more players to go through it and they are goal kicking midfielders. And this stuff about one game in the last month wont hurt them as they have alot of experienced premiership players who know how to win.
Power by 5 goals, sarge to get sent off in the last quarter when its all over and Sam Moloney for best on the ground.

Finally Members!! I am with you. It was getting far too green and gold in here.
Thank you for adding some variety. I was tipping Power all year too as you may see by my previous posts throughout the year. It should be a belter of a game.
If you are tipping them though, going on current form and using your reasoning, how come Power have failed to beat Old Collegians in the last 2 years?? Do you think it will just be a matter of when push comes to shove in the heat of a grand final Power will have the goods and handle nerves better?

I really do want Power to win, however I just feel Collegians (providing they handle the occasion) have the goods this year.

Like your tips all the same. I'm going to go with Sarge being sent off if they're losing as well, that's spot on.

Johnson to go the double (esam and Grand Final BOG) - Collegians still to win for me though.

Is this just an Old Collegians thread? Sounds like we have a lot of bandwagon jumpers. I said from the beginning of the year the power will win and that will be the case. Clinton Hall has very rarely played a good game against them when he was at dennington and with a crook knee it wont change so he wont be the difference. Sarge will not have much of an influence because he will stop his opponent but then someone else will pop up unlike merrivale who relied on mclean. Power's midfield is alot stronger with more players to go through it and they are goal kicking midfielders. And this stuff about one game in the last month wont hurt them as they have alot of experienced premiership players who know how to win.
Power by 5 goals, sarge to get sent off in the last quarter when its all over and Sam Moloney for best on the ground.
I'm an OC player. I'm not going to say who I am to protect my identity, and by no means am I playing in the Granny, I just thought I'd make it clear that I'm not a bandwagoner. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I'll come clean, even tho I don't play "football" for collegians, I do cheer the boys on every week. Go Crawf, Eli, Nathan, Matty and all the Jimmy's.

Go Warriors

who are all these collegians cats think they're kidding? noorat are a certainty to win the thing, 6-7 goals i'll tip. as much as i hate them i know they'll get the job done. brad johnson or beagle to win the medal.. all the rest of us can do is hope that next year some of the power boys pull their finger out and go to terang instead of being comfortable at noorat (johnson, sam moloney, fatboy clissold)

Well here it is grand final eve let's hope we see a good game tomorrow, Johnson v Crawford, Barker v Rounds I think will be the main match ups. No changes from either team although their is a strong rumour Collegians may look at another ruck man. Let's just hope there are no injuries and the umps have no say in the result. Still think the warriors will turn the power off by less than a goal.

I have just read the comments in the standard regarding Powers victory and some of it is absolute garbage. All this stuff about them buying premierships is a f#%king joke. I don't play for the power but some1 very close to me was in charge of all the money and I have a fair idea of what players recieved, and 99% of rumours of what players get are false. This is a great wrap

4 Kenna Brothers
7 players who have come up through juniors
Attrill P Gleeson Tom Kenna who are club people through and through
Fidge who 5 years ago was in the reserves and has came on in leaps n bounds
Darcy who is a well respected club veteran
Buckle who played at the club when it first formed.
Robinson whose fiance is a Kolora Girl
Johnno Gleeson who works in the area leaving only Roberts & Rounds.
Rounds and Gleeson were playing hampden reserves so was a opportunity to get out and play senior footy and they will both play hampden again.Im sure you ask any1 in the team why they play there is because it is the best club in the south west. So everyone should stop sooking and change there club cultures to cultures that people want to go and play at and maybe they might be successful. I hope the power win the next three flags as well becuase they deserve it.

so what youre saying is they didnt fork out money to these guys to win a flag??? get your hand off it, of course the big dollars were paid to those guys to win it....we are not that stupid to believe otherwise...they bought the last 3 flags..no 2 ways about it!

Went awfully quiet in here from the green and gold camp post grand final didn't it?! haha

Seriously though members, all clubs pay their senior players. So to say that no one is getting paid is automatically false.

Attrill for starters, club man through and through? that would suggest he'd always been at the club. Not being a 2 time premiership player at Terang?
Actually go through the majority of Power's list and you find Very good Terang players who have moved from playing hampden, why? Money and laziness. You can sugar coat it all you want but that's it. They can get good money from a club with money that will win flags with not so much required of them from the club itself and how they handle themselves - but who cares if they do? if you've got the resources then use it to your advantage, which they have.
But don't piss on my back and tell me its raining.
How much was Fraser on a game for the previous 2 seasons before this one?

Power have money. They pay good players good amounts of money to win football. It's not illegal, so why try and have a whinge about it? Good on them, they'll have their day and I reckon this year was their last.

But that's my opinion.

I reckon this year was the start of something special for Collegians. The Granny last weekend was lost in the first quarter, I reckon the nerves of the Warriors got the better of them early on and by the time their nerves went away and started playing some good footy, the damage on the scoreboard was already done.

Never good to lose on Grand Final day, but I can't help think Collegians will be bigger and better next year, I reckon another Kolora vs. Collegians GF could be on the cards. Go Warriors.

I reckon this year was the start of something special for Collegians. The Granny last weekend was lost in the first quarter, I reckon the nerves of the Warriors got the better of them early on and by the time their nerves went away and started playing some good footy, the damage on the scoreboard was already done.

Never good to lose on Grand Final day, but I can't help think Collegians will be bigger and better next year, I reckon another Kolora vs. Collegians GF could be on the cards. Go Warriors.

thats a big call already........dont the rumours about next year start about now???

Went awfully quiet in here from the green and gold camp post grand final didn't it?! haha

Seriously though members, all clubs pay their senior players. So to say that no one is getting paid is automatically false.

Attrill for starters, club man through and through? that would suggest he'd always been at the club. Not being a 2 time premiership player at Terang?
Actually go through the majority of Power's list and you find Very good Terang players who have moved from playing hampden, why? Money and laziness. You can sugar coat it all you want but that's it. They can get good money from a club with money that will win flags with not so much required of them from the club itself and how they handle themselves - but who cares if they do? if you've got the resources then use it to your advantage, which they have.
But don't piss on my back and tell me its raining.
How much was Fraser on a game for the previous 2 seasons before this one?

Power have money. They pay good players good amounts of money to win football. It's not illegal, so why try and have a whinge about it? Good on them, they'll have their day and I reckon this year was their last.

But that's my opinion.

I didn't mean they don't play players because they obviously play each player. I would like you to tell me what you think fraser was on.

congarts to power well deserved lets hope thats the end of the era.. yer i agree power obviously pay players but dont most senior players from most clubs get a little bit.. after reading these threads i done a bit of homework on the power list.. all the kenna boys attrill gleeson all kolora players when kolora was kolora i hear... whats wrong with the likes of these boys coming out to power at the end of thier hampden careers very much doubt money had a huge impact on all them coming back.. i would say a great footy community out at power and the likes of these boys finishing their careers together where they played as kids.. as members said 7 players come through the ranks of power and the others couldnt get a consistent game at hampden.. for players to come to a club its not always money its being told they will be consistently getting a senior game and enjoying footy.. and the fan club power take to each game it would be hard not to enjoy footy.. and i highly dount fraser was on 1000 to 2000 ill take a stab and say 5-600

Remove this Banner Ad

Back