2011 WDFNL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been talking to a bloke who was in a taxi last night, the taxi driver said he was getting a hair cut and he over heard 1 of the hair dresses saying that she is some how related to a high profile club president. This hairdresser said that a player from from this club may play a game for port fairy 2nds to get him into some form before they use him in a final.

C'mon tiger give us a name or club!:confused:
All a source told me is this player has not played for a few weeks and is in doubt for this game, but will be ready for the first week of the finals if his team is playing. The decission to play him at the hampden club and have him ready for the second week of finals is still not certain.:cool:

Ok on to the last round - Wanstead st will be rockin' after EW beats DU in the who cares cup. TD will finish over the top of Panmure, thier form has just tappered off over the last month where as Timboon pushed OC 2 weeks ago. RC to beat Merrivale beacause they would love to have some bearing on the finals. SR should beat Dennington, OC easily over Niranda and like wise KN to good for Allansford.

So the 1st week of the finals should be,

OC V SR
MT V TD
with KN resting.:thumbsu:

agree with east over sharks, power and warriors. doggies to cause an upset over rovers and panmure to claim the demons in a close one. merrivale should win up at the mack.

nathan forth has been reported, and mclean will get 3 votes for sure in the last round...barker from oc wont win the esam......wait and see on all

What for? Will he get weeks?

It was the only OC game I've missed all year...

He gave Waggy a back hander, he got offered 1 week, nobody knows if he is going to fight it or take the week, from all reports it was a soft report, but if he fights it and gets 2 or 3 it could be season over.:confused:

He gave Waggy a back hander, he got offered 1 week, nobody knows if he is going to fight it or take the week, from all reports it was a soft report, but if he fights it and gets 2 or 3 it could be season over.:confused:

Just got the word from Jezza that Forth took the week:thumbsu:, they didn't want to roll the dice. Maybe a good move we will wait and see.

was wiggns not wagstaff and i'm told he was very unlucky... apparently he threw the first one and all but missed and wiggins gave him one for his troubles... not often the first punch gets seen let alone reported.

Collegians to beat merrivale...

rovers to beat panmure....

will do each week as it comes but collegians is my tip to win it all

soft report???? no such thing!! its either bad enough to be reportable or no action taken......theres no inbetween

I was real close to the incident, forth would have been lucky to scare a fly away with his swat, Wiggins shoulda got 2 weeks for the punch he threw.

Warriors to win the lot Premiership, Eli Barker the Easom and Gareth "The Preacher" Crawford the BOG (Norm Smith)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barker will be lucky to get 8 votes!!!! i cant see why people are getting on him for the medal!!!

Really? He seems to be in the best every week... Who do you like for the medal? Darcy Lewis?
Bidmade is probably a fair chance again.
Kolora must be loving the attention off them a bit! Surely they are still favourites... Should be easier to tell after this weekends matches.
Both games will be very hard fought I think.

barker will be lucky to get 8 votes!!!! i cant see why people are getting on him for the medal!!!

Barker must of played bad againt Dennington get out and see some of the other teams, Barker has been in collegians bet 3 almost every game.

Christ, I leave this forum for a few weeks and it's turned into a collegians love in!!
Yes they're travelling well but are still unproven in finals. Kolora on the other hand have been there, done that and experience is everything at the pointy end of the year.
South Rovers are still the danger men for me. They've lost a bit of form but haven't lost any talent. It doesn't take much to get confidence and then form will follow quickly.

It's a Kolora V Collegians grand final for mine but don't be surprised if it's kolora and South rovers either.

As for Esam - Barker, nope sorry. Although the headband might help him get attention I think it will be Murphy from Rovers.

Any rumours from around the teams leading into the real season? Is Todd McLean's knee close to blowing out by now or what? I see that Ryan you guys were talking about from Collegians made a senior return last week - is he in there best 22 though?

Bring on finals!

I see that Ryan you guys were talking about from Collegians made a senior return last week - is he in there best 22 though? !

Watched Jimmie Ryan very closely at Niranda and he went pretty good for a bloke who got off a 22hr flght 12hrs earlier. He played mainly forward with a couple of stints in the ruck, played betty than 80% of the game. With Richo, Sam McCartney and Ryan it looks a fairly tall forward line. They may decide to run Ryan and Keane together in the ruck.:cool:

Go Warriors

I am starting to think Collegians will struggle without Forth, watched them play Merrivale last time round and I still believe if Gleeson stays on Tigers win. The match up McLean (who has a bit of a knee) V Williams (who has a bit of an ankle) will be the deciding factor. Leaning slightly towards the Tigers at this stage.:rolleyes:

My attempt at 2011 Team of the Year

B: Joel Nestor FB: Aaron Williams B: Simon Jenkins
HB: Nathan Murphy CHB: Darcy Lewis HB: Marcus Hickey
W: Trent Clark C: Brad Johnson W: Brad McCosh
HF: Xavier McCartney CHF: Simon Schrama HF: David Lang
F: Scott Nicolson FF: Todd McLean F: Mark Clissold
Ru: Klint Wagstaff RR:Jye Bidmade Ro: Eli Barker
Int: ??

Can't think of an interchange, a lot harder than it looks...

im not against barker, good luck to him....just because hes in the best a few times doesnt mean he'll get the umps votes....i reckon darcy lewis will poll more than him..not sure about the power on a ground like the reid....remember its only an opinion:)

I am starting to think Collegians will struggle without Forth, watched them play Merrivale last time round and I still believe if Gleeson stays on Tigers win. The match up McLean (who has a bit of a knee) V Williams (who has a bit of an ankle) will be the deciding factor. Leaning slightly towards the Tigers at this stage.:rolleyes:
Although it will be hard to cover Nathon the players comming in are all really good Aaron (100 gamer) Williams, Richo and Halley, watch out for the cute:rolleyes: preacher (Gareth Crawford) to have a nice finals series.

Go Warriors

i can never workout out how a players milestone is classed as an incentive to win games....teams should be able to play well regardless...its only how well the opposition lets you play......even though the team of the year is crap and doesnt mean anything, i think just for the record darcy lewis should be in the the forward line. whatever team of the year is chosen you can always pick another that is just as good!!...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back