2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame on you GB. Good luck to the Cats if it has 10 home games. What goes around comes around. The draw over the last cople of years has been dodgy and the cats have been on the other end of it. Sarau pipes up in 2010 what happens to the cats in 2011 - no round 1 game v Wahgunyah (as in previous seasons), only play the arch rival chiltern once, sent to Mt Beauty in round 2 and up to Eskdale in R3 to play Mitta - maybe just a coincedence (as if). KSC got a shock this season they had travel to Rutherglen and play them twice in a season -I cant be bothered looking through the records but I think since the cats joined the TDFL thay have only been their a couple of times and the last time was 2007/2008 - what do you make of that. Look at the top 5 this year I reckon they all played the bottom 4 sides twice - the sides that missed out didn't have that luxury (Albert Park your good on the stats check that one out). Its the luck of the draw unfortunately no formula or logic being applied by the TDFL or is it the hub?

My apolgies CWR, certainly didnt mean to offend. Just trying to provide a fair and unbiased viewpoint. As AP rightly points out, they do seem to try and apply some seeding to the draw. This worked in our favour in 2010 (following only a handful of wins in 09), but our 2011 draw was tougher following the 2010 finals appearance. AP is also spot on with his point about teams capabilities changing from year to year, meaning the perceived advantages and disadvantages dont always turn out to be the case.

As for not playing Wahgunyah in Round 1 last year, that probably hurt them more than us (financially) as it would have been their turn to host the season opener (which appears to be back on for 2012 at our ground).

Im pretty sure KSC didnt have to come to Rutherglen twice last year (just the once in R5). But yes, prior to that our last home game against the Hawks was in 2007.

I certainly wont complain if we get 10 home games, the financial gain would be very handy (especially if we get a final as well), my point is that we probably shouldnt. Especially when another club only has 8 and everyone else only gets 9. Despite it being favorable to us, it is somewhat unfair

Get ya facts right guys four of the top five sides all played each other twice plus beechworth in sixth this season, the only side to escape that task was Barnawartha. As for the draw all clubs get asked for there input and preferences for the season but l'm sure they will fix the problems that have been raised and each club will have 9 home games.

Shame on you GB. Good luck to the Cats if it has 10 home games. What goes around comes around. The draw over the last cople of years has been dodgy and the cats have been on the other end of it. Sarau pipes up in 2010 what happens to the cats in 2011 - no round 1 game v Wahgunyah (as in previous seasons), only play the arch rival chiltern once, sent to Mt Beauty in round 2 and up to Eskdale in R3 to play Mitta - maybe just a coincedence (as if). KSC got a shock this season they had travel to Rutherglen and play them twice in a season -I cant be bothered looking through the records but I think since the cats joined the TDFL thay have only been their a couple of times and the last time was 2007/2008 - what do you make of that. Look at the top 5 this year I reckon they all played the bottom 4 sides twice - the sides that missed out didn't have that luxury (Albert Park your good on the stats check that one out). Its the luck of the draw unfortunately no formula or logic being applied by the TDFL or is it the hub?

Sounds like you were not on the money much at all here CWR. About the only part you got correct was "Sarau pipes up in 2010 what happens to the cats in 2011". I think most would agree good footy gets you in the top 5, not a draw like your implying and this year the best 5 sides were the top 5.

Howz about you give us some useful info like who are your recruits for 2012 and how is the new coach going?

Sounds like you were not on the money much at all here CWR. About the only part you got correct was "Sarau pipes up in 2010 what happens to the cats in 2011". I think most would agree good footy gets you in the top 5, not a draw like your implying and this year the best 5 sides were the top 5.

Howz about you give us some useful info like who are your recruits for 2012 and how is the new coach going?

Understand your point - my comments were more around its the luck of the draw - and what goes around comes around. GB - my english may be misleading when I made refference to KSC playing the cats twice this season I was aware that they only travelled to Rutherglen once. Thanks for confirming that in seasons 2008/9 &10 the cats played KSC once only and every time at KSC (that a good example of sharing the load and no logic to the draw)
New coach going well - no major signings at the moment (I wouldn't tell you if their were). All the talk down this way is around the Lions - basically retained all of their list including Pierri and Robbo and they have topped it up with some handy players. Dont ask me who they are as I dont care - they talk themselves up every year (month, week, day, hour & minute of the day). Corowa Rutherglen (O&M) also making it hard as they seem to have their act into gear. Pretty competive market down here in trying to recruit and attract players (add in CDHBU). Might let the "cat" out of the bag in the new year when everything has be sured up

New coach going well - no major signings at the moment (I wouldn't tell you if their were). All the talk down this way is around the Lions - basically retained all of their list including Pierri and Robbo and they have topped it up with some handy players. Dont ask me who they are as I dont care - they talk themselves up every year (month, week, day, hour & minute of the day). Corowa Rutherglen (O&M) also making it hard as they seem to have their act into gear. Pretty competive market down here in trying to recruit and attract players (add in CDHBU). Might let the "cat" out of the bag in the new year when everything has be sured up
Interesting to see you blokes picked another older, non playing coach after seeing your last one being unable to recruit any top shelf talent. I thought targeting a coach (playing or non playing) from Albury/Wodonga would of been a preferred option as Corowa-Rutherglen has nothing worth recruiting and the bloke you signed has to compete with half a dozen O and K clubs in the Wangaratta area. I'm sure he's a fine coach but you have to have the cattle on the park and locals can only take you so far. All the best for you blokes in 2012:thumbsu:

Understand your point - my comments were more around its the luck of the draw - and what goes around comes around. GB - my english may be misleading when I made refference to KSC playing the cats twice this season I was aware that they only travelled to Rutherglen once. Thanks for confirming that in seasons 2008/9 &10 the cats played KSC once only and every time at KSC (that a good example of sharing the load and no logic to the draw)

I must also apologise, the Hawks actually did come to Rutherglen in 08 (we went to Tangam in 07) and gave us a fairly decent touch up. But we did indeed only play them once in 09 & 10 both at Tangam, so the point remains valid.

Another stat (allbeit useless and uninteresting) involving Rutherglen & KSC is that 2011 was the first time the 2 clubs have played twice in the home & away season since 2005 (the seniors played them in the elimination final in 2010, and the reserves in 2011). Another coincidental fixturing annomaly perhaps?

As for recruits, I would also happily reveal any news if there was any. Ive never been particuarly good at keeping up with all the goss as it is. But to be perfectly honest, nobody really knows who they have until the end of March. Even "certainties" have time to change their mind. Until then, its nothing but speculation. I will admit speculating is fun though...

I will be very surprised if Wahgunyah retain most of their list as well as Pierri....why would the quality players stay to watch him get paid a fortune to hog goals and bag the players when they don't put it where he wants it when he wants it??:thumbsdown:

I would take a team playing full forward (I know hard to put those 4 words togethor) kicking 50 goals anyday ahead of one kicking 100 goals and bagging his team mates, but that is just what I think

why are you rutherglen guys so worried about how many times u played keiwa over the last 4 years, if anything you should be thanking who ever did the draw because if i remember right the hawks have been right up the top since 2007 so they would have smashed you anyway so stop whinging.
heard the mitta boys are resigning most of there list up and re signed hansford again for next year and word has it coming out of the hills that they signed a guy who people should now played for corwa rutherglen few years ago nathan rendleson ( not sure if that is how you spell his last name) a small onballer also has played in the GV with mansfieald and won a few b&f's there will b a pretty good pick up if true... does anyone know what luke (money bags) martin is doing? bit quite from dederang, yack, hawks and the bushies any word on them boys
I must also apologise, the Hawks actually did come to Rutherglen in 08 (we went to Tangam in 07) and gave us a fairly decent touch up. But we did indeed only play them once in 09 & 10 both at Tangam, so the point remains valid.

Another stat (allbeit useless and uninteresting) involving Rutherglen & KSC is that 2011 was the first time the 2 clubs have played twice in the home & away season since 2005 (the seniors played them in the elimination final in 2010, and the reserves in 2011). Another coincidental fixturing annomaly perhaps?

As for recruits, I would also happily reveal any news if there was any. Ive never been particuarly good at keeping up with all the goss as it is. But to be perfectly honest, nobody really knows who they have until the end of March. Even "certainties" have time to change their mind. Until then, its nothing but speculation. I will admit speculating is fun though...

Was handed a copy of (another) draft draw for 2012 last night, very interesting. The teams that play in Round 1 don't pay each other again for the rest of the year, never seen that before.
Each team draw can be ranked on how hard it is by allocating points to the teams based on where they finished last year, i.e Kiewa 1, Thurgoona 2, Mitta 3 etc, and then adding up the number of points of the teams you only play once. Gives a good picture of who gets hard draws, where the higher the number, the harder the draw.

1.Kiewa, play Mitta (3), Barny (5), Beech (7), Tallangatta (11) only once, so Kiewa's 2012 draw score would be 26. Ranked 4th
2.Thurgoona: Saints (12) DMB (8) Yack (9) & Chiltern (10) Total 39. Ranked 1st.
3.Mitta: Kiewa (1), Tall (11), Wah (4), Ruth (6) Total 22. Ranked 11th
4.Wahgunyah: Ruth (6) Chil (10) Mitta (3) Saints (12) Total 31. Ranked 2nd
5.Barny: Chil (10) Kiewa (1) Yack (9) DMB (8) Total 28. Ranked 3rd
6.Rutherglen: Wah (4) Tall (11) Beech (7) Mitta (3) Total 25 Ranked eq 6th
7.Beechworth: DMB (8), Ruth (6), Kiewa (1), Yack (9) Total 24 Ranked eq 8th.
8.DMB: Beech (7), Saints (12), Thur (2), Barny (5) Total 26 Ranked 5th
9.Yack: Tall (11), Thur (2), Barny (5), Beech (7) Total 25 Ranked eq 6th
10.Chiltern: Barny (5), Wah (4), Saints (12), Thur (2)Total 23. Ranked 10th.
11.Tallangatta: Yack (9), Mitta (3), Ruth (6), Kiewa (1) Total 21. Ranked 12th.
12.Saints: Thur (2), DMB (8), Chil (10), Wah (4) Total 24 ranked eq 8th.

Poor old Saints get a tough draw, meeting Kiewa & Mitta twice, both of whom get easier draws. Big gap between 1st & 2nd ranked draws 8 points unusual & DMB probably get a bit harder draw than they would like .

Poor old Saints get a tough draw, meeting Kiewa & Mitta twice, both of whom get easier draws.
Not to mention we also play Barny twice(the draw is still in draft). But tough draw aside, this year will be about rebuilding and becoming more competitive and hopefully snagging more then a few wins:thumbsu:.

why are you rutherglen guys so worried about how many times u played keiwa over the last 4 years, if anything you should be thanking who ever did the draw because if i remember right the hawks have been right up the top since 2007 so they would have smashed you anyway so stop whinging.
heard the mitta boys are resigning most of there list up and re signed hansford again for next year and word has it coming out of the hills that they signed a guy who people should now played for corwa rutherglen few years ago nathan rendleson ( not sure if that is how you spell his last name) a small onballer also has played in the GV with mansfieald and won a few b&f's there will b a pretty good pick up if true... does anyone know what luke (money bags) martin is doing? bit quite from dederang, yack, hawks and the bushies any word on them boys

Sounds like Nathan Renoldson, yep played for those teams and I think also won a B&F for Narrandera in the Riverina League, handy player for this league, wonder why he would be going up there, must be located up that way now??

Sounds like Nathan Renoldson, yep played for those teams and I think also won a B&F for Narrandera in the Riverina League, handy player for this league, wonder why he would be going up there, must be located up that way now??

$$$$, I know a club that spoke to him, chasing serious coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO WAY that does not sound like mitta, you guys should know by now that mitta does not pay players all players that play for mitta go to that club, they DO NOT chase anyone haha what a joke

711531_1304842190404_full.jpg

NO WAY that does not sound like mitta, you guys should know by now that mitta does not pay players all players that play for mitta go to that club, they DO NOT chase anyone haha what a joke
A bit like how Osborne pay only their coaches in the Hume league, they must have 20 of them:rolleyes: Word is Trent Castles has signed with Yack for 2012, can anyone confirm this?:confused:

A bit like how Osborne pay only their coaches in the Hume league, they must have 20 of them:rolleyes: Word is Trent Castles has signed with Yack for 2012, can anyone confirm this?:confused:

Confirming Trent castles kyle Crowther Tim , josh , Sam peirpoint .all jindera players from 2011

Castles and 4 others have signed and I hear that there is goin to
Be a another big signing at yack very soon

It's good to see Yack using the same plan as the one that got them into trouble in the past - pay big money to blokes who have the loyalty of a gnat, and who change clubs like they change underwear. Good long term planning by the Roos :thumbsu:

the peirpoint brothers arent that great, josh is goin on 30 with bad knees prob just goin out there chaseing the easy money, tim and sam both played 2's all yr there nothing special. as for trent his pretty handy

It's good to see Yack using the same plan as the one that got them into trouble in the past - pay big money to blokes who have the loyalty of a gnat, and who change clubs like they change underwear. Good long term planning by the Roos :thumbsu:

Loyalty ? Castles has played for Jindera from 2007 till
2011 had one yr at Albury but couldn't committ to the o&m level due to work comitments so went back to Jindera from what I hear,

and for the pirpoint boys (Sam played 90% in the ones last yr, Tim and josh from what I been told didn't get a fair Go from the coaching staff.as half as the 2nds at Jindera prob why they lost so many ??

Good on yack for getting back into premiership contention, it's country footy? Trent castles is trying to set up his future along with the other signings, and sam peirpoint was apart of the jindera premiership winning side and played 90% of the year in the seniors? Word on the grape vine yack has another major signing?

Good on yack for getting back into premiership contention, it's country footy? Trent castles is trying to set up his future along with the other signings, and sam peirpoint was apart of the jindera premiership winning side and played 90% of the year in the seniors? Word on the grape vine yack has another major signing?

Didn't that Sam peirpoint win the rising star for the Hume league ??

I agree Rover, yack have always found a few dollars except for clayto's first season where they shut up shop. So good on them for having a crack, speaking from experience the longer you are down and saving your bickies the harder it is to get quality recruits. All these Jindera boys will be valuable, Castles a very good player, dont know him personally but you'd hope if on the big cash he'd be a good role model for yack's youngsters and train every night and play well each week. Thats all.

Point is why not spend it if you've got it..otherwise get left behind. not saying this is great for country footy but it is what it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back