Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - '23 AA & '24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he sugar coats things compared to Chom or Sheezel's rawness after the game. But he's had more media training. But if a shame they teach that, Chom and Sheezel's interviews were among the best Ive seen.

But to be clear, he's a great speaker and this one was good too. I honestly cannot believe he isn't captain; it seems like he already is in everything but name (I wonder why they didn't vote for him?).

I think he sugar coats things compared to Chom or Sheezel's rawness after the game. But he's had more media training. But if a shame they teach that, Chom and Sheezel's interviews were among the best Ive seen.

But to be clear, he's a great speaker and this one was good too. I honestly cannot believe he isn't captain; it seems like he already is in everything but name (I wonder why they didn't vote for him?).

Agreed. Why isn't he captain? Hate to chuck on the tin foil hat, but he's probably not in the cool group with McDonald etc.

I have based this on absolutely nothing, full disclosure.

Believe it or not, one full back he has struggled against for a while now is Sam Frost.

Has only kick 1,2,2,1 the last 4 times we have played the hawks.
thought the same. Couldn't recall a time where he's had a decent day against Hawthorn. That and we never have anyone else for Sicily to worry about so he always has a field day chopping everything that enters our F50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thought the same. Couldn't recall a time where he's had a decent day against Hawthorn. That and we never have anyone else for Sicily to worry about so he always has a field day chopping everything that enters our F50.
Sellers in the team should help with that.

This will be the first time since 2019 we've had two genuine KPFs at Marvel. 5 ****ing years ffs.

I swear we’ve made Frost look like Matt Scarlett the last few years! Gets contracts purely because of how he plays against North!

I swear we’ve made Frost look like Matt Scarlett the last few years! Gets contracts purely because of how he plays against North!
We should approach agents about getting some commission for player deals they do after playing us.

Lincoln McCarthy probably built his house out of post playing North Melbourne bonuses.

Surely the Bull does not miss his good mate Souvs 100th ?! If the Bull plays & he’s 100% fit , he will have a great game . Put that one down 👍😊💪

Nick Larkey – 100 games

The 134th player to play 100 games for the North Melbourne Football Club

Played: 99 Won: 20 Drawn: 1 Lost: 78

Game 1 – Round 18, 2017 v Essendon (Docklands). Essendon 20.12-132 d. North Melbourne 16.9-105
Game 50 – Round 22, 2021 v Sydney (Docklands). Sydney 13.13-91 d. North Melbourne 12.5-77

Disposals
Game High: 21 (Round 24, 2023 v Gold Coast)
Season High: 216 (2023)

Kicks
Game High: 18 (Round 24, 2023 v Gold Coast)
Season High: 152 (2023)

Handballs
Game High:10 (Round 8, 2019 v Geelong)
Season High: 87 (2021)

Marks
Game High: 11 (Round 24, 2023 v Gold Coast)
Season High: 97 (2023)

Goals: 201 Behinds: 72

Brownlow Medal Games
Round 19, 2021 v Carlton – 3 votes
Round 17, 2022 v Collingwood – 1 vote
Round 21, 2022 v Sydney – 1 vote
Round 1, 2023 v West Coast – 2 votes
Round 11, 2023 v Collingwood – 2 votes
Round 24, 2023 v Gold Coast – 3 votes

Finals:
Nil

Most Consecutive Games: 32 (Round 20, 2022 v Essendon to - )
Has played 99 of 139 games since debut

Honours

2019 Rising Star Nominee (Round 16, 2019 v St.Kilda)
2021 Leading Goalkicker – 42 goals
2022- North Melbourne Vice Captain
2022 Leading Goalkicker – 38 goals
2023 Leading Goalkicker – 71 goals
2023 All Australian (Interchange)

Records
Most NMFC goals in a game v Gold Coast (9 – Round 24, 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back