Past 20. Lachie Plowman

Remove this Banner Ad

Put a smile on my face. Love the Plow

You just have to look at the calibre of players he was given the task of shutting down, yeah he did some frustrating things but, geez he was under rated by many who didn't watch him enough.

Thank you Mr Plow, you gave us everything you had.

Wasn't too bad of a player actually, never understood why he copped it more than others, just had some unfortunate matchups and at times playing in a rabble too, often couldn't have asked him to do much more given his toolset.

Go well in retirement Lachie.

Thanks Plow. Like Newnes before him we've just gone past players like him, doesn't make him any less reputable in my eyes and I'm grateful for the 100+ games he played for us in the Navy Blue. Always took the best small forward and often did pretty well against them. Forever maligned as a whipping boy by those that don't understand modern defence.

Much love for the Plow King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always a Plow supporter.

Too many people who never played a minute as a KPD had too many stupid opinions on him.

Retiring from AFL but I wonder if at that young age still if we couldn't tempt him to play VFL for us?
Wouldn't blame him for wanting to get away from the club completely tbh.

Some of the internal relationships might hopefully keep him here if he's up to it though.

Thanks Plow. Dealt with a lot of adversity during his time at the club - playing on the most dangerous small forwards in a defence usually under siege and dealing with unnecessary pot shots from over the fence. Always thought he gave all he had to the team and club. Should be commended for that. Best of luck in your future endeavours. Go well.

Surprised he never got a call up this season. And surprised he wishes not to play in 2024 albeit for another club as he would be valuable (North cough cough, even *).

Served over 100 games for us so will have his name on a locker for all of time.
Why would he want to go play for another rabble? Can't imagine North would be all that enticing. He had enough fun playing in some of our teams.

Why would he want to go play for another rabble? Can't imagine North would be all that enticing. He had enough fun playing in some of our teams.
You're a long time retired and he has a lot to give still and physically he's reliable. Could even be a good fit for Collingwood (better than Noble and he played all H&A), Western Bulldogs, Richmond...

Surprised he never got a call up this season. And surprised he wishes not to play in 2024 albeit for another club as he would be valuable (North cough cough, even *).

Served over 100 games for us so will have his name on a locker for all of time.
Is he a better player than Corr. I would think so. Probably the same 3rd tall.

Really sad to see the club disabled comments on twitter. This bloke copped way more than he deserved and from all reports was a great team person.

Was there for the dark days. Thanks Plow.
Judging from comments elsewhere, it was a very smart move.
Plow had his moments, good and bad, just like any other player before him. Most of the flack he copped was from being caught out of position when trying to cover for another player who had left their man, or from a lack of defensive pressure through the middle, but people only look at the man on the mark when the ball is kicked.

Thanks Plow. Would've been good to see how you played in this reinvigourated side.

Well done Plow.

Deserves a medal simply due to having to endure a significant moronic subset of our supporters.
Those supporters would turn on Cripps, Walsh and Charlie if they thought it would get them a flag. No sense of reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back