Past 20. Lachie Plowman

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plow was one of the most frustrating footballers I've seen play for the club. You'd have to take the good with the not so good....and every time he'd lead you to the top of the Empire State Building, he somehow found a way of pushing you off.

Having said all that, I have enormous respect for the Plow....you don't get to play 145 games of AFL footy unless you have the ability and drive. AND never shirked being given the hard tasks when asked of him. I recall him giving big Esava an absolute bath a few years back, despite being monstered in both height and weight. A few weeks later the poor bugger was given the task of chasing Charlie Cameron all over the ground.

Well done to the #20, happy trails, and all the best for a well earned retirement :beermug::beermug:

One of my favourites. Spent many an hour defending him from those intent on making him a scapegoat, oblivious to the fact that he'd often be given the thankless job of manning up the opposition's best in a leaky and unaccountable defence.

Always gave him all, and had a 50 game patch where he was a genuinely solid footballer, excelling as a high intercept defender. Was suspect on the last line against fast marking threats, but generally did a good job on the smalls.

As maligned as he was, 4 top 10 B&F finishes (including 3rd and 4th in consecutive years) speaks to how respected he was internally.

So disappointed that the club had to disable comments on socials, there sure is a bunch of absolute peanuts out there.

Enjoy retirement Lachie, you've earned it. Thanks for the tireless service during some pretty crap games. 145 games and name on the locker is a fantastic achievement.

Not enough love for Plow.

Longest serving of a complex SOS trade … Adelaide got Menzel, we got Kerridge and pick 28, on-traded the 28 (and 77, 95, the future first received for Lachie Henderson and we got pick 8 - which we used to draft Harry McKay with) for the GWS quartet of Plowman, Phillips, Sumner and Lamb.

Got the oppositions’ small and tall forwards in a team where the midfield did not slow the ball (as Bolton would say, nor under Teague).

3Rd in b&f and a few other top 10 finishes and name on the locker for a century of games in the Navy Blue is a career to be proud of!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back