Player Watch #2: Jacob van Rooyen – re-signed until 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

You capped him big time

"We knew Ben Brown and TMac were cooked but JVR is now showing that he lacks footy smarts. I think he'll become a good avg player but his lack of footy smarts will cap his potential. A lot of pressure on Jefferson now."
Capping someone isn't calling someone a bust. I like the way he plays. I think mihocek is a good comparison.

He always looked like a good player even before he debut, just has a look to him. You can also tell his form is not flukey, he's not going to kick goals every week but you know he wants the ball and will always create a contest.

More likely to stick around in a strange city if there’s family around. Not exactly an outlandish statement.

How many years does he have to be here for it not to become strange?

They were both ******* weirdoes though, I dont get that sense with JVR.
Bit of Jono Brown about the lad i reckon. Tough as nails country lad who loves the contest. Similar heights and JVR looks like he's got the frame to stack on the strength as well. Not saying he'll be as good as Brown was, but I reckon the way he goes about it will win him plenty of fans across the comp in the coming years.

embarassing that he wasn't played last season. He's literally our number 1 key forward this season, yet wasn't considered above Ben Brown, Weideman or Tmac for the entire last season :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

embarassing that he wasn't played last season. He's literally our number 1 key forward this season, yet wasn't considered above Ben Brown, Weideman or Tmac for the entire last season :(
But he also cost us games with his stupidity, so wouldn't he have done that more last season?

No need to answer, it'll be a word salad of logic twisting nonsense

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches who work with him on a daily basis didn't think he was quite ready last year, and also the reason he's so comfortable at senior level this year is in part due to his excellent development at VFL level? 🫣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Petty and JVR would both be in my forward line for round 1 next year.

The more ive thought about Grundy (or Meek for that matter) the more I hate that idea. Playing Gawn forward is something weve got far too carried away with.

It seems counterintuitive to add another lumbering ruck to a side that has been getting run over the top of in games far too often.

Found it, good memory to remember which thread, and more gold nuggets on the same page. 🎓🎓

also, the kids a beast, always knew he had a performances like that in him today, he just wasn't getting the chance coz of our shitty method. Hes the now and the future of our F50.

Shame he didnt hold that hanger when he landed on his back, would have been a ripper.

22 goals in 15 games so far. Solid for a first-year player. Reckon the jump could come as soon as next year – going to be a genuine gun (as long as we learn how to kick it to him)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back