Player Watch #2: Jacob van Rooyen – re-signed until 2029

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you noticed how/Love how just before He gets into the run up to the kick the goal He closes one eye and gets a better look at what's ahead.
Very intune with his goal preparation.

Dont think ive ever seen anyone kick a set shot like him, he has the ball lined up directly over his right foot on his approach, looks awkward but works brilliantly, not much can go wrong.

Dont think ive ever seen anyone kick a set shot like him, he has the ball lined up directly over his right foot on his approach, looks awkward but works brilliantly, not much can go wrong.
No idea if it's a chocoism but apparently before the games Fritsch stands CHB without goals to aim at and just practices kicking straight lines with Greg Stafford. Not saying we've cracked a code or anything but does look like we're working hard on forwards kicking straight

Fritsch definitely looks much neater, he tends to lean his shoulder away from goal causing him to spray the ball, I feel he's got that out of his routine.

JVR I feel he gets a good run up not quite bbb but he gets a decent run and just runs straight towards his target.

TMAC set shot routine still looks good but his run up seems a little bit off. It's null and void anyway because he's not performing anymore.

This kid is kinda special honestly. Terrible set shot in the last aside he is just so composed, aggressive in the air and just 'knows' how to play KPF.

He is special, being held back by his teammates and the coaching staff unfortunately, should have bigger wraps on him publicly.

After some brain fades against Port that probably cost us the game it was good to see him bounce back. Just needs to work on timing his jumping. I like his aggression. A true shame we didn't see him all of last year.

After some brain fades against Port that probably cost us the game it was good to see him bounce back. Just needs to work on timing his jumping. I like his aggression. A true shame we didn't see him all of last year.
:$

Weren't you labeling him a bust because he had no footy smarts or something? You're insane

No. When did I say he was a bust? He can improve his footy smarts though.
You capped him big time

"We knew Ben Brown and TMac were cooked but JVR is now showing that he lacks footy smarts. I think he'll become a good avg player but his lack of footy smarts will cap his potential. A lot of pressure on Jefferson now."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danster changes his opinion more often than he does his underwear (I assume he changes his underwear daily but who knows)

He lives for contradicting himself a week or two later. Haha past Danster, you were wrong! Present Danster is much smarter than you! rinse and repeat.

Stats compared to other Rising Star-eligible players this year. Hitouts obviously irrelevant as there's not been any eligible rucks play three or more games this year, but the goals, marks and tackles stats are pleasing.

1685941718744.png

Now if we could just kick the ball to him properly...

If only Watts and Weid had’ve had this kid’s aggression, desire and confidence.

Touch of arrogance too which for so many years, probably until we drafted Petracca, our recruiters shunned.

Loved it when he cobra’d the crowd after a goal on Friday night. 💪🏼🐍

If only Watts and Weid had’ve had this kid’s aggression, desire and confidence.

Touch of arrogance too which for so many years, probably until we drafted Petracca, our recruiters shunned.

Loved it when he cobra’d the crowd after a goal on Friday night.

Agreed 🤷‍♂️

He's no Joel Smith tho...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His brother Sam is kicking goals in the Colts. Looks like a solid 2nd-3rd round prospect at this stage. More Fristch-esque than a JVR type. Get the lad in, keep Jacob forever.

His brother Sam is kicking goals in the Colts. Looks like a solid 2nd-3rd round prospect at this stage. More Fristch-esque than a JVR type. Get the lad in, keep Jacob forever.
Yes guaranteed to stay forever like the Crouch, Wakelin, Abletts etc.

I wanted to be as far away from my brother as possible when I turned 18

Tulip tho to JVR once we draft his brother:

Last edited:
Once he learns how to take those pack marks this kid is going to be unstoppable in the air, always has his hands on the ball first in packs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back