1st Test New Zealand v Australia Feb 29-Mar 4 0830hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

btw, Wagner has just retired from Test cricket
Yes he has retired but he was told a few days ago he was going to be 12th man here and not considered for the 2nd Test so it’s sort of a forced retirement. With Jamieson out I thought he would have played however the powers that be and thought otherwise. Been a great servant for NZC

Haven’t there been D/N one dayers there surely Christchurch has
The basin, whilst fun to go to, is not much more than a district ground. I’m fairly sure it doesn’t have the level of lighting required for d/n Cricket. Never been to hagley, but I doubt it does either. In Wellington DN games are usually at the cake tin

At the time these matches were scheduled, Australia had a perfect record in day/night tests.

Why would NZ do anything that gave their opposition some advantage?

More fans equals more money for NZ cricket

Haven''t lost a home Test series since we last toured.
That's not actually true. And even if it was you don't think them playing mostly 2 match series and the bigger teams not going there as often might have something to do with that?

At best you could say this series is 50/50. Saying New Zealand is favorites is pretty out there.

That's not actually true. And even if it was you don't think them playing mostly 2 match series and the bigger teams not going there as often might have something to do with that?

At best you could say this series is 50/50. Saying New Zealand is favorites is pretty out there.

Sorry misread it, since last time they toured here. However I don't see many losses at home on that list.

Haven''t lost a home Test series since we last toured.

Their last home series loss was South Africa's 1-0 series win there in 2017. This is also the last time they hosted a test series containing more than 2 tests. England did go awfully close to winning last year's series in New Zealand - they won the first test resoundingly and lost the 2nd by 1 run, becoming the 2nd country to lose a test after enforcing the follow on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good evening from Wellington. Excited about getting to the Basin tomorrow, been on my bucket list to do for a long time

Hagley had newly fitted lights in the last 18 - 24 months, have been to a couple T20 games finishing around 10pm at Hagley....plus they play their annual night match between ex Black Caps v ex All Blacks T20 for charity......

Since NZ's last home test match victory over the Aussies back in 1993, there's been 31 tests since & they've won just the solitary match in Hobart...That's about as one-sided as it gets.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back