Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

I really didn't expect him to get a lot of game time when we picked him up, but he serves well as a mature body who can keep it cool under pressure and settle things down a bit. He's been a good pickup - I'm a fan.
Agree I’m also a fan

He’s big enough to play on the power forwards and allows Corr to be more attacking

Agree I’m also a fan

He’s big enough to play on the power forwards and allows Corr to be more attacking
tZ I love you now. Josh isn’t just a player he is our zaddy

JOSH SUPREMACY AND YALL ARE FINALLY SEEING IT

He's a good stopper, an okay interceptor and from all reports a great teammate.

But geez, his kicking can be a liability coming out of defense at times. If he had that in his bag then he'd be a gun.
well, we wouldn't have been able to get him as a journeyman DFA if he didn't have that huge liability in his game. i like him too, i want him to succeed, but it is what it is.

He's a good stopper, an okay interceptor and from all reports a great teammate.

But geez, his kicking can be a liability coming out of defense at times. If he had that in his bag then he'd be a gun.
His bad kicking is all good now because he is a dilf and it doesn’t matter

He’s literally the insurance policy for the **** up in losing Tarrant.
Provided Mckay and Corr stay healthy he can contribute. If he ever becomes our number one key defender we are ****ed.

i like him. Does everything to help his team win and has worn some nasty battle wounds for us in his 3 seasons thus far.

Can be a very strong mark and his kicking would look better if he actually had some moving targets to kick to or another player besides Nick Larkey charging hard downfield to create an outlet.

i like him. Does everything to help his team win and has worn some nasty battle wounds for us in his 3 seasons thus far.

Can be a very strong mark and his kicking would look better if he actually had some moving targets to kick to or another player besides Nick Larkey charging hard downfield to create an outlet.
he also seems happy to dish it off to those with a licence to move the ball forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodness me . It would seem according BF NMFC we’ll have no one to delist at seasons end.
We’re very lucky 🙃

We’d need to fall over to not win the flag next year. Maybe we could hand our draft picks back as we won’t be needing them 🤪

well, we wouldn't have been able to get him as a journeyman DFA if he didn't have that huge liability in his game. i like him too, i want him to succeed, but it is what it is.
How can a journeyman have a huge liability? By definition a journeyman is reliable.

It will be good to see Josh with Mckay back in and Corr playing well.

Last edited:
Goodness me . It would seem according BF NMFC we’ll have no one to delist at seasons end.
We’re very lucky 🙃

We’d need to fall over to not win the flag next year. Maybe we could hand our draft picks back as we won’t be needing them 🤪
mate, we have 3 key defenders on our list and one of them has barely played VFL let alone AFL. Sure he's no Glendinning but for now he's all we've got. He'll be on the list next year because we need him.

As much as Walker is a bit of a stop-gap until we fill our our defensive line over the next season or two, given his clear deficiencies, cannot knock his effort.
There are a few more talented on our list who could do with some of that.

He’s super inconsistent. One game he is a rock down back, the next he butcheres the ball all game.

Solid player…. Sometimes lol

He’s super inconsistent. One game he is a rock down back, the next he butcheres the ball all game.

Solid player…. Sometimes lol
This is the reason we let him go, Fagan mentioned it every time he talked about him.

He is handy enough for where you guys are at, but he is both really likable and really annoying.

If he could bring his best game most weeks he would be a legitimate gun.

I agree with most points raised. Walker is an honest trier who when he gets the pill I pray that the next possession will also be a North player.

We are currently paying the price that none of our preferred defensive draftees (Neilsen, Durdin or EVW) became the players that we hoped they would be. EVW was a tragedy beset by injuries.

Hard to pick just a single one, but one if the most horrifying moments for me today was when Footscray had the ball at true CHF and Naughton was allowed to meander down by himself to the goal square while Walker ran around like a headless chicken at HF looking for an opponent. Mahoney and then Scott eventually manned him up and Footscray stupidly didn’t kick to him, but it was genuinely like being stuck in sleep paralysis watching it all unfold .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back