Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

- Had the highest disposal efficiency in the league of players averaging 20+ disposals
- The only 3 players to average more rebound 50s this year all started on the All Australian field
- Career best year for disposals, rebound 50s, tackles and 1%'s
- 2018 will be first preseason since 2013 (break out year) without off-season surgery

- Had the highest disposal efficiency in the league of players averaging 20+ disposals
- The only 3 players to average more rebound 50s this year all started on the All Australian field
- 2018 will be first preseason since 2013 (break out year) without off-season surgery

Exactly the sort of bloke we don't need en route to a top 3 pick.

Those numbers look very good, but I'm sure I'm not the only one here who didn't see that translate to the type of season it implies. He had a reasonably good season, but not a great one. People would have rightly laughed if anyone suggested he was anywhere near the AA squad.

I'm on the side of "we should have kept him", but he's not as big a loss as you are implying.

Anyway, I hope we can re-rookie him.

Last edited:
I'm on the side of "we should have kept him", but he's not as big a loss as you are implying.

Anyway, I hope we can re-rookie him.

We know his ceiling, lets not waste a rookie potential x factor spot on Mullett.

Need to move these kinds of guys on quicker in future.

Rather bring in guys like Zurhaar than keeping ordinary mature age players.

Hopefully we re-rookie him if nothing else happens with anything else.

If not, all the best Aaron.

Gee this is harsh. Obviously no interest from other clubs but how many players are going to be left at the end of this trade period? If there is no-one of better value likely to join us during the trade period, delisting blokes and then relying on rebuilding the list through additional picks in a supposedly thin draft year, doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
That's incorrect......Collingwood were sniffing around him not so long ago, why if he was in the risk basket why wasnt he not fobbed off back then for a 2nd or 3rd pick???
Amateurish

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No surprise to me, how many have him in there best 22 or 25 for 2018 ?
Not established in team but is 26 years old at start of next season.
I know others are not established but they are contracted
Would have played VFL unless big injury list again.
Why you on about 2018...... He played 16 games this year because he was inside our best 22.
He is young enough.....And there's conjecture about his best position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet no other team showed any interest in him when he was told to "look around". I think that says more than lioking at a stats sheet.

That's incorrect......Collingwood were sniffing around him not so long ago, why if he was in the risk basket why wasnt he not fobbed off back then for a 2nd or 3rd pick???
Amateurish

Not sure what you are on about. I'm talking about there being no interest now, not what Collingwood might have been doing in the past. The rest of your post makes no sense.

Sorry to intrude guys but what's the knock on Aaron? I'd like him as a direct Saad replacement. I was a bit shocked to see him delisted given his age profile and talent.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry to intrude guys but what's the knock on Aaron? I'd like him as a direct Saad replacement. I was a bit shocked to see him delisted given his age profile and talent.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Poor in contested ball, defensive pressure, tackling, defending and intercept marking.

From AFL article about him hoping to get another chance - "Mullett hinted his lack of physicality at the contest was one reason North chose to let him go, as well as the Kangas having younger players capable of playing his role across half-back."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back