Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

We are sorted for flankers at both ends of the ground I would have thought. Ideally we get some more flexibility in who can switch forward and back next year.
Mullet had a a nice highlights reel but we have tougher, harder and more skillful players waiting for a crack. C'est la vie.

Yeah, that's terrible, especially when you compare it to Marley Williams who had only 2.1 this year and Atley who had 1.5 last year.

But even worse when you compare it to the AA back pocket, Michael Hibberd: 1.3 this year.

At the other end of the spectrum, he was 5th in the AFL for rebounds.

Anyway.

Good luck Aaron, I think you're stiff to get delisted.

Well done on achieving 85 games from the rookie list.

Unlucky, I thought he was solid this season and was expecting to read about a new one year deal.

All the best Aaron, and thank you for your service.

With Hansen, Gibson and Mullet that's another 350+ games shed this year.

Williams, Macmillan and Hibberd would all be preferred as small defenders assuming Wright is injured. Atley, McDonald, Mountford and Clarke can all play across half back if need be as well.

Tks Thewlis my exasperation got the better of me. Still, disposal is a big issue for us and I would have thought being one of the best kicks in the team would have garnered some tolerance of other deficiencies. If our kickouts are rubbish next year I will think back to this decision and fume. Fume I tell you.

Love to see what you see in him. All I see is fumbles and turnovers

My comments were more in relation to the context of the thread, in that Hibberd will be a better player for our club than Mullett.
Mullet lacked professionalism, Hibberd does not.

"Fumbles and turnovers" are merely a product of in-experience and lack of confidence. He didn't have any problems at VFL level with this, but with the step up to the big league i think it happens. He just needs a block of 10-15 games into him where we are competitive and i have every faith you will see a different player.

He is a really great NM person and will be a solid player.

My comments were more in relation to the context of the thread, in that Hibberd will be a better player for our club than Mullett.
Mullet lacked professionalism, Hibberd does not.

"Fumbles and turnovers" are merely a product of in-experience and lack of confidence. He didn't have any problems at VFL level with this, but with the step up to the big league i think it happens. He just needs a block of 10-15 games into him where we are competitive and i have every faith you will see a different player.

He is a really great NM person and will be a solid player.

I'm glad to hear this, as I also get a good feeling about Mitch.

Tks Thewlis my exasperation got the better of me. Still, disposal is a big issue for us and I would have thought being one of the best kicks in the team would have garnered some tolerance of other deficiencies. If our kickouts are rubbish next year I will think back to this decision and fume. Fume I tell you.

Our kick outs have been trash for a decade. Williams was taking half of them even with Mullett in the team.

That's a pity I rate(d) Mullett. Think he brings some good rebound and dangerous kicking to the table and his defensive side was better than made out on here.

Once again Anderson and Waite are players I'd have cut ahead of Mullett and Gibson but that's just me.

Yeah, that's terrible, especially when you compare it to Marley Williams who had only 2.1 this year and Atley who had 1.5 last year.

But even worse when you compare it to the AA back pocket, Michael Hibberd: 1.3 this year.

There's a very good argument that you don't want your defenders to get a lot of tackles, as it means they're allowing an attacker to get the ball.

Scarlett went at 1.5 per game over his career for example, Chris Johnson right on 2, Enright and Milburn just over 2.

Only reason I'm confused re this decision is that now we literally have no good users coming out of the back 50 - a polished back flanker is now almost as big a priority as a midfielder is come draft day.

Ryley Stoddart at 21 could be the man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did some things well.
Just had a propensity to stone cold turn it over as soon as under pressure. Drop the ball or a simple mark around opposition forwards.
Has some good tools like that left foot, just not sure he's a long term fit - would probably have a bit part role in instance of injuries if he were to stay on.
Hope he gets a gig elsewhere.
Guess no ones safe hey - after years of lots of guys getting chance after chance seems the razor gang is now getting a big say

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only problem is we might never get to see him do it on a regular basis again.

pretty hard to kick the ball without ankles.

He wasn't last season, and no guarantee he will be next season.

Sure, there's a big risk with Sammy injury-wise. Hopefully he comes good, as we need him.

Anyway, I was just responding to the suggestion that we got rid of our only good user of the ball out of the back half in delisting Fishy.

Yeah he's a tad unlucky but club needs to be bold with list management and frankly he simply isn't good enough........and i used to be a fan.

i really hope macmillian is put n the trade table not that there will be to many takers he should of gone way before mullet, the bloke can't tackle can't defend one on one panics under pressure and his not a leaders arshole, going by the delisting of players we played all year this club doesn't know if it's auther or murther no wonder we can't attract anyone to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back