Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Great player, will be remembered fondly by North fans, classic defender he's a type of player that is so rare to see nowadays and to see him go now is bit of a heartbreaker because he's just a heart and soul type at the club in its modern day.

Deserved more accolades and more recognition from the competition as being one of the greats but it doesn't matter. He'll go down as a celebrated North man and one of everybody's favorites.

Absolute champion

Classic Scott Thompson. Playing the last 2 minutes of the game the way he played his whole career. Mr Reliable we will miss you. You gave your all every
time you pulled on the jumper.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God damn we're/I'm going to miss him playing.

Such an underrated player outside of the North circle. Like Firrito - always consistent, punched above their weight, and could have easily kept going.

Definitely my top 5 in terms of favourite players of all time. That was a fantastic video and what a great switched on bloke.

Also, get some smart screens North. Doing player reviews on damn laptops. It should be on a big touch screen.

God damn we're/I'm going to miss him playing.

Such an underrated player outside of the North circle. Like Firrito - always consistent, punched above their weight, and could have easily kept going.

Definitely my top 5 in terms of favourite players of all time. That was a fantastic video and what a great switched on bloke.

Also, get some smart screens North. Doing player reviews on damn laptops. It should be on a big touch screen.

Get the Kangatech people in there to spruce it up a bit

Probably time to put him in the resting pla
Goosebumps. Gonna miss him enormously. Love ya Scooter!

Huge boots to fill. Take a bow Scotty.

While he's already a very qualified guy with a lot of irons in the fire outside football, he'd be perfect to retain as a part-time coach to support the defensive line.

Would be very disappointed if another club snaffles him, the whole "needs time away" thing is mainly myth. We need to keep character and experience like his within our system.

While he's already a very qualified guy with a lot of irons in the fire outside football, he'd be perfect to retain as a part-time coach to support the defensive line.

Would be very disappointed if another club snaffles him, the whole "needs time away" thing is mainly myth. We need to keep character and experience like his within our system.

Scotty strikes me as the sort of bloke who would go and play suburban footy somewhere.

Scotty strikes me as the sort of bloke who would go and play suburban footy somewhere.

Quite possibly but he's a very rounded character off-field who will become a very valuable person at any club that turns his head.

Can't see why we couldn't strike a similar deal as Boomer in 2017 that utilises his experience a couple of times a week but allows him the freedom to dominate some coastal league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back