Past #16: Scott Thompson - to retire end of 2019 season - thanks Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

:'( Very sad to see Thommo associated with that embarrassment of a game, and get pretty busted up in the process for the umpteenth time, might miss a week with concussion issues, courtesy of Menegola, but deserves to go out with a victory, and a final sing of the song, look out GoDees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took over half a season to sort our forwardline out post W80. I think it'll be similar with thommo gone. An absolute legend and I'll miss watching him play for us

A massive whole and we cant just replace a Thommo. A tweener size that can play tall, small or whatever is needed and a total prick for opposition teams.

After many years of feeling confident having the thommo and Tarrant show - this certainly rocks the fan confidence for me. I've always felt safe with this team in a team.

Having said that I think Thomo leaves with a strong team defence mentality in place as part of his legacy.

I feel like Marley and Pittard in particular have absorbed a lot of Thomo's dour attitude - Tarrant a given.

One thing we do have is good leadership and experience in the back 6 , bolded below.

JMac's reinvention under Shaw is timely and if he continues to flourish in the new simpler game plan as discussed by Snake and Co. he will be critical in settling a new look 6 and teaching BMac and co along with Tarrant.

North has had reasonable success at bring in EVW and Durdin who appear to be decent players with lots of potential to grow and fill this whopping whole! I'm 50/50 confident next year its BMac's time but a little concerned the club may not be as confident - time will tell.

Ahern's emergence as a small rebounding back-man, Daw's return as god knows what, EVW fully fit and Durdin another pre-season all provide opportunities for upside/ X factor and next gen back 6/7/8

No alarm bells for me but i'm bloody sad he's done!

Thommo 193/96 - retired;(
Marley 181/83
Ahern 183/85
Atley 189/86
JMac 188/89
Pittard 186/84

EVW 190/86
Durdin 198/97
Daw 195/97
Tarrant 196/97
BMac 201/95

Oh! Just don't think he has the potential! Got it!

Well - I live in hope! He's not s**t but yes, EVW looks great.

Doesn't zone off when it's needed, doesn't get the ball enough, doesn't use the ball well, and is a pure one on one negator. The blokes 8.3 disposals gain 99 metres a match.

He's not going to cover Thommos 16 disposals @82%, 5 marks, 5 rebounds and 6 intercepts a game.

He's not even close:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back