Past #15: Ben Ross - #3 in '06 PSD - delisted at end '11 season - JJL '12 VFL winner - HFC rookie '14

Who Will Be Better

• Ben Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameron Thurley

• Lance Piciaone

• Shane Harvey

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent, had a great year

Essendon would do very well to pick him up.

Ben could always run and distribute when he had time and space. It was the reduced reaction times and greater pressure at AFL that I thought exposed him as not quite up to it.

However a player can develop and improve in his 20s. Especially with a good attitude like Ben's.

Before anyone gets too silly, Eddie Sansbury could look like Andrew MacLeod at times in VFL games. My suspicion is that Ben is a smidgen short of AFL but then I'd have thought the same of Sam Gibson.

Good luck to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If I get my chance on an AFL list again I won't let it slip."

Not sure if he'd want to return to the club which hastily cut him, but by God I reckon we could use him. Seriously, if we can rookie Sam Gibson who had done very well at VFL level at 26 years of age, why would we not give the Boss another crack? Can win the hard ball, is courageous and his skills have picked up, he's starting to make really good decisions too. We cut an injury plagued bloke probably a year too early and I hope we try to rectify it.

Personally happy for him but the love stops now.

May his club experience a bitter and eternal luckless winter from heroin.
Well, cocaine fuelled their success, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Well done to Rossy.

Good luck to him. As much I'd love to see his chance to be given at North, I can't see him playing in our best 22. Or Hawthorn's for that matter, but they seem to have less competition for the last 2 spots in their 22, if that makes sense. Savage who was on the periphery there, was very average IMO.

Back