Past #15: Ben Ross - #3 in '06 PSD - delisted at end '11 season - JJL '12 VFL winner - HFC rookie '14

Who Will Be Better

• Ben Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameron Thurley

• Lance Piciaone

• Shane Harvey

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Ross? Do you think he can make at as a permanent player with the Hawks?

Yes. Should never have been cut by us.

Went back to the VFL won a liston and was ultra consistent with Werribee. Is a smooth mover with high work rate and can have impact forward of the centre.

I think if he is given a month or so to get up to speed then he can have a real impact.

Yes. Should never have been cut by us.

Went back to the VFL won a liston and was ultra consistent with Werribee. Is a smooth mover with high work rate and can have impact forward of the centre.

I think if he is given a month or so to get up to speed then he can have a real impact.

Just based on the one quarter against the Blues, (particularly the poise he showed to slot a critical goal), it does look like he can deliver. He's also a mature body which could help us as players like Burgoyne, Mitchell and Hodge retire over the next couple of years.

I don't get the school of thought that, we should bag delisted players.

Rossy has worked very hard to get back into the AFL system, and should be given credit for doing so.

I don't get the school of thought that, we should bag delisted players.

Rossy has worked very hard to get back into the AFL system, and should be given credit for doing so.

So, you're saying people shouldn't comment on a poor disposal by a player whose disposal was always suspect, is that it?

Frankly, it has f-all to do with how hard he's worked to get on a list. Lighten up.

So, you're saying people shouldn't comment on a poor disposal by a player whose disposal was always suspect, is that it?

Frankly, it has f-all to do with how hard he's worked to get on a list. Lighten up.

No that's not what I'm saying.

Comment all you like on poor disposal, its the joy with how it is said. The mightier than though attitude, that some have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always been a fan of Benny Ross and was chuffed when he got a few games at the Hawks. Good luck to him enjoying life away from the madness.

Never thought he was quite up to it but seemed like a good guy and hopefully he enjoys kicking around with some mates now.

Watching him this year for Hawks confirmed that. Solid trier but clearly a level below.

Probably would have played more games at a club like Melb or Richmond though, good luck to him in future.

Well Done KFC. Have I lost the internet now? :(

Haha if you could be bothered you could go through my post history and verify but rest assured you lost nothing and I won nothing.

Like I said he seemed like a good guy, came across well on that Russell Crowe injury show when he was recovering from surgery.

Just never thought he had enough ability in any one area to make it as a consistent AFL player but there's no shame in playing 18 AFL games including a handful with that year's premiers.

Never thought he was quite up to it but seemed like a good guy and hopefully he enjoys kicking around with some mates now.
Interesting that Sam Gibson only made it at the age of 26. So age wise it's not too late. But he has given up.

Back