Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems some might have short memories of Atu...

He had a significant impact assisting with drive off half back. We weren't as reliant on Hall with both of them out there. He's quick and can kick as well as defend too.

His role last year gave us a dangerous sense, of which, we haven't fully regained yet. Hall would love his impact too.

He's 100% part of our future otherwise our coaches are taking the piss.

Was thinking about what happened to him too as he's the key to our half pack woes when we need someone to run forward and split the game wide open.

He had a really good game against Carlton last year. Just about split them open at will.

(tbh that's not much of a compliment but still)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think VFL is his level. Reminds me of a less skillful and less clever David Rodan.

He was put back into defence to give some run and carry, and showed some glimpses of playing that line-breaking role in the VFL. But you have to defend first, and one-on-one he's not been great. Personally, I think he's entitled to a crack at playing in the role he was recruited for, so would like to see how he goes as a small forward - in the VFL

A small floating loose man? Perhaps if he was lightening quick, maybe? But I don’t see the need for that role
Round 5 v Cats 2021.

And I’m saying this when we have a clear defensive set up. He positions himself very well, when the op have the ball he peels off his man to intercept and/or be the outlet man to get it out to the wings/corridor or even the handball receive to another player.

It all comes down to having a system and playing it well, which we are shithouse atm, we can’t utilise players to their ability because they are running around like headless chooks.

Can't defend, simple as. If we're going to play him in a role where that has to be a high priority then he should be learning in the VFL.

Maybe try him in a more attacking role, Hall's for example. Not against him having another consecutive game in the seniors, but it just can't be as a lockdown player.

Can't defend, simple as. If we're going to play him in a role where that has to be a high priority then he should be learning in the VFL.

Maybe try him in a more attacking role, Hall's for example. Not against him having another consecutive game in the seniors, but it just can't be as a lockdown player.
Why not play him as a forward like he was previously. Arent we crying out for a small forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back