Player Watch #13 Oliver Florent

Remove this Banner Ad

b3ebc66265ef6bd495af79a6160b9352

Oliver Florent
Young speedster Oliver Florent has become a crucial element of coach John Longmire’s team since the Sydney Swans secured him with their first selection at the 2016 AFL Draft. The Victorian has shown glimpses of exhilarating footy on a wing, most memorably when he jagged a runaway goal in Round 4, 2018 to seal a gripping victory for the Swans over the Bulldogs. But Florent, who’s also spent time on the inside of the contest, is determined to continue to grow his game as a hybrid midfielder in 2020.

Oliver Florent
DOB: 22 July 1998
DEBUT: 2017
DRAFT: #11, 2016 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Mentone Grammar (Vic)/Sandringham U18

I posted before that , that Errol , Macca and Ollie would probably get the nod over Hayward

You and many others tipped that Florent, Logan, Rowy, Errol etc were staying. Not everyone else blows their own trumpet as much though. I'd prefer to read something fresh about the player rather than posts of you patting yourself on the back.

You and many others tipped that Florent, Logan, Rowy, Errol etc were staying. Not everyone else blows their own trumpet as much though. I'd prefer to read something fresh about the player rather than posts of you patting yourself on the back.
Only reason i did is because people didn't believe me , i'll send you a PM later

That Ollie and Will video is great thanks Ticky.

It's wild that it genuinely takes 8 years for most players to really hit their straps. Will and Ollie have just got to the point that they know their games and are putting in important performances every week. They are still young players but the maturity and experience is there. Will would be silly not to stick around with this group, surely the post retirement earnings of a triple premiership playing would outweigh whatever he could get through the rest of his playing career at a different club!

Why did I think it would be Isaac with his jumper off, rather than Ollie?
Egdit, need to right click to view 2nd image

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did I think it would be Isaac with his jumper off, rather than Ollie?
Egdit, need to right click to view 2nd image

I really hope Grundy is standing on something.

Because it looks like he could eat Errol.

And then all of a sudden under pressure he's gone top another level and good on him , my source was on the money at the time. We have had to move things around and believe someone good will be traded .

If you change the parameters afterwards then your source is never wrong.

I could say Mcdonald will sign next Friday.

Then when he doesn't I can just say ohh well his manager had a cold so they didn't end up meeting.

Your source seems to be pretty hit and miss

Then when he doesn't I can just say ohh well his manager had a cold so they didn't end up meeting.

You have no idea trust me

Agree with both you and bedders here.

I can see how bedford's source might've been accurate at the time. Things can change very quickly in footy. Prior to the first bye, Hayward looked very ordinary and was never going to be made a priority signing over some of the others (and still wouldn't be IMO.) Since then, he's played well, so the circumstances have changed, and the club's seemingly been flexible with that. I suspect if the club dug their heels in on any position, good or bad, on Hayward without seeing how his year actually played out then that would be pretty irresponsible.

However I think this is probably why the view of "sources" shouldn't be treated as gospel. Or, if their scoop is relayed publicly, it should be followed by an addendum such as "for now" or "at the moment." ie. "Hayward's on the outs at the moment" or "Club's not budging on Hayward talks for now."

Agree with both you and bedders here.

I can see how bedford's source might've been accurate at the time. Things can change very quickly in footy. Prior to the first bye, Hayward looked very ordinary and was never going to be made a priority signing over some of the others (and still wouldn't be IMO.) Since then, he's played well, so the circumstances have changed, and the club's seemingly been flexible with that. I suspect if the club dug their heels in on any position, good or bad, on Hayward without seeing how his year actually played out then that would be pretty irresponsible.

However I think this is probably why the view of "sources" shouldn't be treated as gospel. Or, if their scoop is relayed publicly, it should be followed by an addendum such as "for now" or "at the moment." ie. "Hayward's on the outs at the moment" or "Club's not budging on Hayward talks for now."

Everything you read on the internet is true.

Even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

Hello. David Attenborough here with a special. Deep within the remote territory of the Sydney Swans Board there is the near fabled Tolja.

“Ya know…. Ya know…. (Whispers) …. Ya know

Tolja….Tolja ….Tolja….

Tolja….Tolja ….Tolja….”

The Tolja is a rare unit.

“Intheknow … Intheknow…. Intheknow”

Everyone is invited to add their own sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back