Player Watch #13: Darcy Tucker

Remove this Banner Ad

Will prove everyone wrong.
The ultimate steak knives … after the Logue trade
I thought he was going to be good this year, is he going to prove me wrong as well?

As maligned as Sam Gibson was by many in these parts it was no coincidence that his run of games coincided with our run to the prelims back in 2014-15. His gut running late in games was elite and unmatched by anyone else in our squad.

It’s the Darcy Tuckers and Sam Gibsons of footy teams that, as you say will lift those around them to the next level.
Gibson and Liam Anthony both came into the team from Rd12/13 onwards during the 2nd half of the 2012 season where we got on a roll.

We need to be fitter, we need more outside run, we need a solid VFL team, training standards and players coming into the 22 to slot into their role.

Tucker played 18, Taylor 16, Turner 12, Howe 11 last season, so I think we are on the improve with Tucker who is OOC end 2025.

Gibson and Liam Anthony both came into the team from Rd12/13 onwards during the 2nd half of the 2012 season where we got on a roll.

We need to be fitter, we need more outside run, we need a solid VFL team, training standards and players coming into the 22 to slot into their role.

Tucker played 18, Taylor 16, Turner 12, Howe 11 last season, so I think we are on the improve with Tucker who is OOC end 2025.
Aside from the fact he doesn't really offer that much outside run. What he does is run for a long time at the same slow pace. Not trying to knock his efforts but for output in football games, I'm taking Gibson over him in a heartbeat

Scott and Stephens with Powell and Laz taking goes on the wing. Had an opportunity to stake his claim in the side today but looks like the green vest will be his best bet to play rd 1.

Scott and Stephens with Powell and Laz taking goes on the wing. Had an opportunity to stake his claim in the side today but looks like the green vest will be his best bet to play rd 1.
Looked decent imo and better than Scott today

19 touches at 81% efficiency

Actually takes care with ball in hand unlike bailey and lazz

Thought he was actually pretty solid today, stats tend to back that up as well.

21 touches, 7 marks (tied-team high), 4 clearances (3rd for us) & 500m gained (4th for us)

Thought he was actually pretty solid today, stats tend to back that up as well.

21 touches, 7 marks (tied-team high), 4 clearances (3rd for us) & 500m gained (4th for us)
I agree he was solid. He ran and competed well and was tidy with the footy. I liked Stephens more though, thought he was great in the first.

Looked decent imo and better than Scott today

19 touches at 81% efficiency

Actually takes care with ball in hand unlike bailey and lazz
Bailey Scott went at 87% efficiency FYI.

I agree he was solid. He ran and competed well and was tidy with the footy. I liked Stephens more though, thought he was great in the first.
I feel like there is room for all 3 to rotate through the wings.

More midfield minutes unfortunately opened up for the likes of Lazz/Powell/Phillips with the hit on Simpkin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Often chose the wrong option yesterday.
Remember one in particular in the first quarter where he had a free kick on the boundary kicking with the breeze , McKercher made a little run alongside him asking for a handball & certain goal .
But Tucker ignored him completely. Just lobbed a dumb ball forward which was intercepted easily by a Saints defender….
Dumb wasted opportunity

For someone who was flying in pre-season, he was pretty much invisible today.

When he did get involved he was okay-ish. Seems half-a-second slow to make a decision.

I know we do not need everyone to be a superstar but he is at his peak age. Needs to get more involved and have an impact.

For someone who was flying in pre-season, he was pretty much invisible today.

When he did get involved he was okay-ish. Seems half-a-second slow to make a decision.

I know we do not need everyone to be a superstar but he is at his peak age. Needs to get more involved and have an impact.

Totally agree.

Options include shift Lazz to wing, bring in WAP

Put sheezel on the wing to get him closer to where he does more damage.

We can’t carry Tucker, Stephens and Lazz getting sub 15 touches.

Totally agree.

Options include shift Lazz to wing, bring in WAP

Put sheezel on the wing to get him closer to where he does more damage.

We can’t carry Tucker, Stephens and Lazz getting sub 15 touches.
Lazz needs to go back to the VFL. I’ve never seen a bloke fumble so much. Just doesn’t have it.

Not sure who put their hand up in the VFL, but Lazz and Tucker can both have a spell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back