Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Would of rather it of gone to a youngster like Powell/ Phillips ti try to push them that little bit more.
My understanding is senior players get first preference

That’s pretty bad if true.
Hopefully he has grown up a bit
The grand final sprint means nothing. Usually there a couple of actual elite sprinters who are clearly ahead of the rest of the pack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Means nothing but you still compete. Otherwise don’t put your hand up.
The reason anybody competes in it is for the grand final tickets, it’s a meaningless event.

Luke was surprisingly fast in his Jnr years. Wouldn’t be surprised if he improved. Still remember that hammie chasing down Rioli.

Good luck Luke.
I remember working at the club as an intern when that happened and I got to see his GPS data afterwards.

In that one chase he beat his personal best top speed by 2km/h and blew out his hammy doing so 😂

Just goes to show you the mindset of the bloke!

I remember working at the club as an intern when that happened and I got to see his GPS data afterwards.

In that one chase he beat his personal best top speed by 2km/h and blew out his hammy doing so 😂

Just goes to show you the mindset of the bloke!
Do you remember the speed by any chance?

I want more from him.

Maybe that is an unrealistic expectation.

He is an ok/good player, so I'm not criticising him. His courage also can't be disputed.

However his round 1t game against the Hawks should be his standard, not just an outlier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back