Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - Rd9 AFL Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a serious player in McKercher. Line breaking left footer with a bit of speed and neat disposal.

Him and Wardlaw are the only two 6 footers on our list I genuinely see being part of our future.

Cheers, yeah just needed a quick break from people whinging. Also had a few things to do here that took most of my time. Sometimes its easy to avoid work by posting here.
Moving is always a sure fire way to get the to do list topped up, hope your settling in well. Cant believe were coming up to 3 years from our move and still heaps to do.

McKercher is no Glenn Archer, but I doubt he was recruited for his brute force attack on the ball.

Yesterday (3rd qtr?) he backpedalled under a high ball, stood his ground, and marked overhead despite players bearing down on him. After all the posts questioning his courage, was pleased when the player turned around and the #10 was on his back. Well done, lad.

Poor bloke snubbed again . I think I smell a rat with this year’s rising star.

Because he isn’t committing to contests, which is unacceptable.

And he’s not the only one. Which is mind boggling.

McKercher is no Glenn Archer, but I doubt he was recruited for his brute force attack on the ball.

Yesterday (3rd qtr?) he backpedalled under a high ball, stood his ground, and marked overhead despite players bearing down on him. After all the posts questioning his courage, was pleased when the player turned around and the #10 was on his back. Well done, lad.

Go back and watch that replay TennisPlayerAndy. Courage is something young Colby doesn’t lack.

I watched enough of him in juniors to know he doesn’t lack ticker. He is just getting found out a bit because of his build. He’ll be fine in 12-18 months time, when he can break tackles at AFL like he could in juniors he’ll completely transform the way we play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back and watch that replay TennisPlayerAndy. Courage is something young Colby doesn’t lack.

I watched enough of him in juniors to know he doesn’t lack ticker. He is just getting found out a bit because of his build. He’ll be fine in 12-18 months time, when he can break tackles at AFL like he could in juniors he’ll completely transform the way we play.
Gives away 10 to 15 kegs of some of the blokes he is coming up against and had the wind smashed out of him a few weeks ago by cameron cannoning into his ribcage.

I stated at the time i reckon he was 2 weeks min after getting a tap in the ribs by a cow i was putting pinkeye treatment on and lo and behold he was back on the track in no time.

Comments about his courage are simply unfounded, darling and levi greenwood and more recently rachelle have been critisized for recent squibs. But thats not to say thet are cowards.

Yeah we have got to remember a lot of these boys are coming from successful clubs where everything flowed right for their natural games, a few months later they a dropped into the hff and the midfield of the one of the least successful teams the game has ever seen.

After watching a bit of Finn Callaghan the other day I’d like to think Colby will end up that type of player.
I’d like us to dangle pick one to GWS for Callaghan. Then we’d have both and we’d have our big bodied mid we are crying out for.
Gunna tear the comp to shreds in coming years.

I’d like us to dangle pick one to GWS for Callaghan. Then we’d have both and we’d have our big bodied mid we are crying out for.
Gunna tear the comp to shreds in coming years.
Might as well go the double then.
Be bold.

Pick 1- Callaghan
Future 1st - Taylor

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might as well go the double then.
Be bold.

Pick 1- Callaghan
Future 1st - Taylor

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we are spitballing, can’t we just offer Taylor stupid stupid money and we get him as a FA? GWS wouldn’t take our future first anyway, Taylor worth more than that. This 2 would make a fair difference to this side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back