Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

morell

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is ****ing lame, cliché and actually pretty offensive.
Hearing 12 yr olds exclaiming how much they "rape", even in the confines of a gaming lobby is ordinary.

That is all.

Inb4 - "der its just a word derr lighten up derr..."

Hearing 12 yr olds
There's your problem.

Why does every American kid under the age of 15-16 have a microphone?

They talk bullshit non-stop and all they do is complain. Just because you're not talking to people face to face, it doesn't mean that you can treat people like they're your bitches.

I joined a game of Domination the other day and I entered the game about halfway through with red bars. Anyway, the stupid American twat on my team starts saying "if we lose, lets blame it on the Aussie guy". They kept pointing out my lowly score, so I sent him an abusive PM telling him that I joined late and that he should try playing with red bars. Needless to say, he started sooking like a little bitch.

From now on, as soon as I realise that i'm in an American lobby, I'm going to mute every single one of them.

It's used for more than just gaming.

I've seen numerous "rape" usages on this site in regards to defeats of teams, drafting, etc.

There's FAR, FAR, FAR worse than the word rape that gets bandied about in the gaming world. I wouldn't be worried about that word but about 90% of the other words that come out of the pricks mouth's.

Understand that it is used in other areas as well, but I think the gaming community has taken to it with aplomb.

Maybe I am just an old fogey (26) but Rape isn’t something that should be coined as anything other than a vicious and heinous crime. Hearing very young people use the word in such a carefree manner is concerning IMO.

I personally don’t have a problem with almost any other word, and am by no means overly politically correct, but this for some reason has always bothered me.

Understand that it is used in other areas as well, but I think the gaming community has taken to it with aplomb.

Maybe I am just an old fogey (26) but Rape isn’t something that should be coined as anything other than a vicious and heinous crime. Hearing very young people use the word in such a carefree manner is concerning IMO.

I personally don’t have a problem with almost any other word, and am by no means overly politically correct, but this for some reason has always bothered me.
I guess the best context in which to use it would be this...
Lol at the game at Scrapyard we won 200-28. :)
I would call that an absolute raping.;):p

I understand what you're talking bout, but I really you've just gotta look at it as one of those words that means something else now (take a look at the F Word ep of South Park, explains it perfectly IMO).

Debate this properly or the topic will get closed. For me, I don't use the term myself however in the context of gaming I'm not as offended as some. However I do understand if it bothers some people.

Debate this properly or the topic will get closed. For me, I don't use the term myself however in the context of gaming I'm not as offended as some. However I do understand if it bothers some people.

so we can say i raped that team but we cant call a certain afl team a nickname that begins with rape and ends with tank?

He is just over the whiny whinging PM's we get. Most people get a yellow/warning where a serious red would be dealt elsewhere.

The majority also cop it on the chin well. However there has been of late a growing number of noisy sooks wasting our time

So the idea was to give the sooks what they described as the status quo for a short period of time.

Anyway back on this topic..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back