Injury Griffiths injured

Remove this Banner Ad

True. If we spend this year getting his body right, then it;s as though we are bringing in one more top young player next year. #4, #26, #28 etc plus a healthy Griff.

Cotton wool him. Far too important. And bring in Gourdis. He actually genuinely has been in our bests for Coburg most weeks, if not every week. Would have to be one of the best performed KPDs at VFL this year.

Dr Diagnosis is back in the house. Seriously, you and I know nothing but I would say its handled just fine. THe ressies schedule would be about catching up fitness from his pre-season, not finding form.

So you think half a ressies game, followed by an unexplained week off, followed by a seniors game is a good way to bring him back?

All it takes is one contest. I don't have a problem with the way they have dealt with him. He could have injured it in the first 5 minutes of the ressies game.

If it is a shoulder then at least he gets 6 months+ to recover this time around. Hopefully it gives him more time to condition himself for next year.

So you think half a ressies game, followed by an unexplained week off, followed by a seniors game is a good way to bring him back?

Absolutely.

That would have been the schedule and like I said, the 2nd reserves game would have been another just for fitness, as long as he didn't have to take the entire week off training aerobically there is no issue. I think the way he was reportedly performing today before the injury confirmed he was ready to play seniors.

I don't see how this has any relevence to his shoulder injury though, either way. :confused:

I don't see how this has any relevence to his shoulder injury though, either way. :confused:

How can you say it has no relevence to his shoulder injury when it appears he has agrivated the same shoulder?

I know im probably jumping the gun, but isnt that what we all do here on this forum;)
Its one thing to spend months in the gym and doing laps of Punt Road oval, but its match strength and conditioning in the shoulder that seem to be the logical issue with me. If im wrong, fair call. We will just have to wait for the medics report. Until then should we close this thread so no silly opinions like mine can be posted?

Except he played two games at Coburg 2s, before the week off then he played a game at Coburg 1s.

Lets not invent reasons to be miserable. Kid has been made of tissue paper all his junior career.

Stuff happens

How can you say it has no relevence to his shoulder injury when it appears he has agrivated the same shoulder?

I know im probably jumping the gun, but isnt that what we all do here on this forum;)
Its one thing to spend months in the gym and doing laps of Punt Road oval, but its match strength and conditioning in the shoulder that seem to be the logical issue with me. If im wrong, fair call. We will just have to wait for the medics report. Until then should we close this thread so no silly opinions like mine can be posted?

aggrevating the shoulder injury, it has nothing to do with match conditioning. any player can go into the game today and injure their shoulder, no matter the preparation. It's not as griff pulled a hammy or something that is fitness related, in which case the lack of prepartion could be brought into question.

but a joint injury from contact, like this case, cannot be averted no matter how much match practice he gets. simply bad luck.

aggrevating the shoulder injury, it has nothing to do with match conditioning. any player can go into the game today and injure their shoulder, no matter the preparation. It's not as griff pulled a hammy or something that is fitness related, in which case the lack of prepartion could be brought into question.

but a joint injury from contact, like this case, cannot be averted no matter how much match practice he gets. simply bad luck.
Bad luck or bad constitution ?

Sean Rusling anyone ?

There were reasons clubs baulked at Griffiths and this is why ... as usual we took the punt where others were cautious (we certainly are good at that) .

Time will tell if our gamble will work but at the moment based on current facts it aint looking good , especially when you consider the kids size and the way he is going to be expected to play

really bad news
if i remember correctly didn't a couple of years ago cam cloke had some surgery on his shoulder that was so effective that he didn't have to tape it ever again

could be an option for griff

Sean Rusling anyone ?

There were reasons clubs baulked at Griffiths and this is why ... as usual we took the punt where others were cautious (we certainly are good at that) .

Time will tell if our gamble will work but at the moment based on current facts it aint looking good , especially when you consider the kids size and the way he is going to be expected to play
Judd also had shoulders issues and dropped to 3 in the super draft, but seems to have turned out all right.

Judd also had shoulders issues and dropped to 3 in the super draft, but seems to have turned out all right.
Yes ... every story has its own ending but sometimes you have to play the numbers .

Judd also plays differently to Griffiths ... Our boys stock and trade is going to be smashing packs a-la Brown , Carey , Richo .

Having bad shoulders is hardly what you need is it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely his shoulder has again given way due to the massive weight of expectatoin some on this forum have placed on both of this boys shoulders.

Griff is going to be our saviour apparently... tough to live up to this even before playing 1 game.

Good luck to the kid but.

Yes ... every story has its own ending but sometimes you have to play the numbers .

Judd also plays differently to Griffiths ... Our boys stock and trade is going to be smashing packs a-la Brown , Carey , Richo .

Having bad shoulders is hardly what you need is it
No it's not, but it's not like it's the middle of his career, and we're just coming into a finals series, it's his second game for Coburg in his debut season, so there is time to get it right. Everything in perspective IDGAF.

Sean Rusling anyone ?

sometimes ya just can't win idy, I recall us being cautious in overlooking the funloving, boozing, party animal that was Buddy Franklin for the kid that lived in a community camp and travelled a couple hundred KM's to train ea week...you tell me:confused:

Has anyone actually got a worthwhile report on what he has actually done to his shoulder.
I can't find anything officail from the club and all this speculation and the talk on here it sounds like he should be put down..
How about a bit of perspective here people.

well put. I think i'lll wait fro something more official before getting into hysterics

Has anyone actually got a worthwhile report on what he has actually done to his shoulder.
I can't find anything officail from the club and all this speculation and the talk on here it sounds like he should be put down..
Quite possible that he got a stinger and with the side down about 7 goals or so they decided that it wasn't worth the risk sending him back out there.

Quite possible that he got a stinger and with the side down about 7 goals or so they decided that it wasn't worth the risk sending him back out there.

I hope thats the deal RT, i hope that it's nothing serious because i was really looking forward to seeing him develop with Coburg and get a game later in the year to allow him to get a small taste that can spur him on for next year.

i was at the game, he went up for a mark and a casey player was coming the other direction and there arms sort of got caught and griff when backwards , landing on his shoulder. was down on the ground for a while and you could tell he knew he had done somethink. was in alot of pain and smashing his head on the ground over and over again, poor kid, was loving his speed and crash and bashing every marking contest

Surely his shoulder has again given way due to the massive weight of expectatoin some on this forum have placed on both of this boys shoulders.

Griff is going to be our saviour apparently... tough to live up to this even before playing 1 game.

Good luck to the kid but.

Martin seems to be handling it ok though. :p

Because whether he is the Coburg reserves or Coburg Seniors he'll be taking knocks to the shoulder.

sometimes ya just can't win idy, I recall us being cautious in overlooking the funloving, boozing, party animal that was Buddy Franklin for the kid that lived in a community camp and travelled a couple hundred KM's to train ea week...you tell me

Good call BJ. It just seems no matter what we do, this club can't catch a break.

from the club: popped his shoulder out....it popped straight back in....dont think its too bad but will have scans this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back