News Tom Lynch out for 6-12 weeks with hamstring injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just starting to hit his straps again. Best contested mark in the game despite being constantly double-teamed.

Whatever ends up happening with the big fella bringing him to the Tigers was a perfect decision. 2x flags that wouldn't have happened without him.
Agree the move paid off big time, he was critical to our success

What sheet luck!
Every cloud has a silver lining...what a blessing in disguise!
Club just has to take its time now with both the Gibcus/Lynch recovery...give them both the best chances of recovery!
The same with Balta...get the best medical advice and recovery programe...
The Club can now TANK away in full mode...
Play the youngsters...
Familiarize the youngsters with the Oze Plan!
Pick the eyes out of this years Drafts...both Mid and End!
Full Bore for the number one draft pick!

What sheet luck!
Every cloud has a silver lining...what a blessing in disguise!
Club just has to take its time now with both the Gibcus/Lynch recovery...give them both the best chances of recovery!
The same with Balta...get the best medical advice and recovery programe...
The Club can now TANK away in full mode...
Play the youngsters...
Familiarize the youngsters with the Oze Plan!
Pick the eyes out of this years Drafts...both Mid and End!
Full Bore for the number one draft pick!
Not sure it’s in the interest of our collective wellbeing to win less games than WC , no thx , with all due respects

Not sure it’s in the interest of our collective wellbeing to win less games than WC , no thx , with all due respects
Course it is...
It's a Win Win...if we lose!
Gale leaving the RFC at the years ending..
Train and get games into our current crop of kiddies...
Mid and Season End Drafts...pick the eyes out of them...and get more kiddies into the side!
Maybe lose Baker...get a pick in return...if not then its all good for next year!
Do not rush Lynch and Balta back into the side...
Prepare for Tassy coming in...and the compromised future Drafts!
New broom completely sweeps the RFC clean!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like he was back to his best/ it’s a real shame for the big fella and us. Would say his body is done but I hope I’m wrong.
Landed awkwardly his body looked good up until the injury, both his recent injuries were accidents not caused by old age no reason he cant play well into his 30's

Landed awkwardly his body looked good up until the injury, both his recent injuries were accidents not caused by old age no reason he cant play well into his 30's
I agree with that but you are also more prone to injuries at his age and each one takes its toll. I hope you’re right because he’s our most important player.

I agree with that but you are also more prone to injuries at his age and each one takes its toll. I hope you’re right because he’s our most important player.
Oh yeah totally, hey if a bloke the size of Hawkins can play at 35 no reason Lynchy cant as well if he has the motivation, damn he makes a difference to our team structure, he is such a presence.

Course it is...
It's a Win Win...if we lose!
Gale leaving the RFC at the years ending..
Train and get games into our current crop of kiddies...
Mid and Season End Drafts...pick the eyes out of them...and get more kiddies into the side!
Maybe lose Baker...get a pick in return...if not then its all good for next year!
Do not rush Lynch and Balta back into the side...
Prepare for Tassy coming in...and the compromised future Drafts!
New broom completely sweeps the RFC clean!
As bad as our injuries are we have to use these kids who knows how well they can go after their recent efforts.

Oh yeah totally, hey if a bloke the size of Hawkins can play at 35 no reason Lynchy cant as well if he has the motivation, damn he makes a difference to our team structure, he is such a presence.
You say there is no reason but there is. Hawkins is the rare exception rather than the rule, if he was the rule then every player would play until his age. That's your reason why it's highly unlikely that Lynch will well into his 30s. Plus if Hawkins had suffered the injury toll that Lynch has suffered and continues to suffer, you'd have to wonder if he would have made it this far. Anyhow, from this point if he can make it to 100 I'd be thrilled but I won't be holding my breath waiting to see it happen.

Was thinking how Hawkins has had a free run at it injury wise relative to his tall forward peers that have all had Chequered run with injury ,,,lynch ,McKay Lewis hipwood wright ,,,why is it so ,,,,,,coz he doesnt get off the ground , he couldn’t jump over a piece of leggo , the game ain’t made for those high leaping 100kg forwards , it’s that simple

Lynch played very, very well and this injury is not season ending at this point. 10~12 weeks plus eh? Bit of a shtye existence being constantly injured. Retire with full payout end of this season. Shuffle onto a coaching role? Is he that type

Until Balta gets back in 3~5 its going to be interesting selection up fwd.
Dusty fitness also an issue.

If the team pressure like last week it'll help whoever plays KPF.

100% needs to adjust his playing style if he wants to continue, and Hawkins is the benchmark.

He'd have to be 100kg right? If you're 25-8 still full of natural growth hormones you can run and jump at that weight, but over 30 a human body just wont cop it. He was great on the weekend but I think that style of game will now cut his career very short.

He's definitely got the physicality to play a Hawkins "old style" forward role, and I think he's got the smarts too. Hopefully he and the club have identified this and get to work.

Looked like he was back to his best/ it’s a real shame for the big fella and us. Would say his body is done but I hope I’m wrong.
Not sure why his body has anything to do with this injury, well apart from the fact he injured part of his body that is, he landed awkwardly any kid could do the same as we found out.

We are just having terrible luck on the injury front but I feel it may be for the best in the long term, all the kids now have to step up, after the last 3 weeks I have faith that they can.

Not sure why his body has anything to do with this injury, well apart from the fact he injured part of his body that is, he landed awkwardly any kid could do the same as we found out.

We are just having terrible luck on the injury front but I feel it may be for the best in the long term, all the kids now have to step up, after the last 3 weeks I have faith that they can.
Lynch is injury prone across his career, 16 odd games a year on average. I guess we hope he stays on the field for the rest this year and next.

Was just starting to hit his straps again. Best contested mark in the game despite being constantly double-teamed.

Whatever ends up happening with the big fella bringing him to the Tigers was a perfect decision. 2x flags that wouldn't have happened without him.
I just wish we had more of him in that 2022 form. He's so exciting to watch, and just as he starts finding form he gets another long term injury. Very frustrating, but can't be too disappointed with the two flags he's given us and the performances we got to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back