List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's about jumping years of development.
We can keep drafting high end mids take a small forward or another development kpp with our second pick.
It gives us a chance at being competitive next year
Battle takes the role of being the swingman which means Comben and Logue can command our backline. If we pull that off that makes our key position stocks rise a fair bit.

Larkey desperately needs help which I think is why we are going after Battle. He offers services at either end.

If Battle comes to us and we get a small forward (somehow), that changes the whole dynamic completely.

I don't mind our key backline after this season.

Logue, Comben, eventually Wil Dawson.
KDawson, Pink, Nyuon, Corr are okay depth.

Our key forwards are a disaster, though. Larkey just isn't the guy to be a solo KPF.
I posted the fa list a few pages back it's obviously subjective but I'd rate battle the best kpf available.
Most on the list are spuds.

Battle is the best possible get this year from the fa list
Like 100% better than the next best option.
We get him and we keep pick 1!
Massive upgrade for us
Don't mind it at all....Him, Logue, K Dawson, take pressure of W Dawson, and flexibility to use Comben fwd or back. Probably takes pressure of Biggie to see if he can be the third tall intercept marking type, rather than having to lock down. Thats sure up key defence.....pick up Howes at MSD, and then we working with Larkey, along with Comben, Maley, Howes, and Sellers as developing key forwards........big body mid in Smillie in the ND, and other try to find a small fwd MSD or later picks second round ND.....and things start to take shape pretty quickly. That one player I think addresses the now and the future.

Don't mind it at all....Him, Logue, K Dawson, take pressure of W Dawson, and flexibility to use Comben fwd or back. Probably takes pressure of Biggie to see if he can be the third tall intercept marking type, rather than having to lock down. Thats sure up key defence.....pick up Howes at MSD, and then we working with Larkey, along with Comben, Maley, Howes, and Sellers as developing key forwards........big body mid in Smillie in the ND, and other try to find a small fwd MSD or later picks second round ND.....and things start to take shape pretty quickly. That one player I think addresses the now and the future.

Battle def helps but think we need to be looking at 2-3 more matures on top of him... at least another FA, and then might need to lose some draft capital for the others

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Battle is a better forward than comben. Comben stays in defence.
Biggie won't make it he is my vote for the worst player on our list (he does have competition)

Battle def helps but think we need to be looking at 2-3 more matures on top of him... at least another FA, and then might need to lose some draft capital for the others

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We definitely need more experience.
I'm not sure I like any of the other FA's.
As long as we keep pick one I will be happy.
I'd hate another wooden spoon and still no pick 1 on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggie won't make it he is my vote for the worst player on our list (he does have competition)
I thought Biggie looked alright in his first game for us,,,,, but he's a third tall, I reckon he could go alright in Corr's place, with Logue and Comben playing Key back roles.

I actually don't mind getting some experience in.
The dees got cross and Lewis for similar roles both would have been considered old
I’m all for looking at options…hopefully we do our homework.
just couldn’t be bothered with the crew that were talking about it….

Bit hard on the ol'Chom don't you think...better forward? Battle's kicked 28 goals in his 100 game career vs 5 in 15 games...at this stage they both have a 0.3 goal average?

Seriously, we keep dicking around trying to slot defenders into this forward line when we have a perfectly good 22yo KPF masquerading as a defender - just don't get it!

Hows this for an idea..how about we attract a Battle or some other 2nd defender to release Chom to go forward? Maybe a small forward to crumb at the feet when Chom busts packs? It might be an out there idea but...but it might work?:nomouth:

I'd take any of them. But would love Parker and/or Wines to mentor our young mids, so that they're not mentoring themselves.
They would be the two l think they should investigate on that list…parker would be brilliant but getting him out of sydney would be difficult…but you never know unless you ask…

Haha yeah but handing over rubbish picks for years to gain Gold Coasts top picks isn’t draft manipulation…..just shrewd trading…..or is that amnesia ..he sooked about it last year because wasn’t the first time they hadn’t been able to screw a club for a top pick by off loading swfa …
f**&& off you wannabe hobbit….your club has bent so many rules you can’t stand straight…..
But lm interested in what our club is asking….wonder if it’s gaining any traction…..
(Bet he’s got an argument against that too…bookmark this…coz that wheel will turn and l look forward to saying to that club…nahhhh.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back