Autopsy Cats lose to Port by 6 points after being down by 10 goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Pay Stengle the guy is an absolute freak esp considering his size. ZGuthrie has been huge.

Gee absolutely got blitzed in the stoppages both centre and around the ground. Also rkn we are undersized Atkins, Clarke, Parfitt all below 6’0 and slow as on the spread. But that is the 🍐 ‘s bread and butter. Will be interesting the next 2 weeks how we go

Port were better than us tonight and deserved the win. Be happy to welcome our skills back for next week. Impressed by mullin- got a hold of that ducking/flopping Horne Francis. Zach Guthrie is great. Stengle fought hard but needed more help on forward line. Jezza a bit better than last week but not on song. Is blix injured ? Stewart still not quite himself. Kolo tried hard all night. Missed tanner too. A few slip overs in the middle of the ground- bit unlucky - cost us goals I think- Holmes, parfitt.
Pleased with our fight back but can’t get in that position. Need Dangerfield - would have won if he’d played.
Ps umps were average- how many htb did they fail to pay tonight?
Play the kids. Comon cats - regroup and win the next few. We are doing ok.

Last edited:
Solid comeback and Port should be embarrassed by that

Still 8 points and 6 points losses is t too bad and Kenny acting like they won a GF is very embarrassing I hope he gets a 10 years contract for that

At least he had the balls to congratulate Hawk- last time he chatted to Danger the Poort board went ballistic on him and hasn't stopped.
Good on him being a gentleman and having Cats socks in his bottom drawer still.

I am encouraged rather then dejected after that second half.

I feel like Scott finally sent a message by benching Stanley that there is a minimum expectation.

The team responded in the second half and probably should have snatched it. But you just can’t give a team an 8 goal head start and think to run them down.

Need to follow through with it though Stanley needs to be gone for good now.

Unfortunately there needs to be a serious discussion about Hawkins, he looks absolutely cooked.

Makes next week a must win, we can’t go into GWS on a 3 game losing streak.

Out: Stanley (omit), Clark (managed), Hawkins (managed), Holmes (inj)
In: Conway, Bowes, Bruhn, Hardie

That last change is contingent on whatever had Holmes hobbling around in the last 10 minutes actually being an injury.

At least he had the balls to congratulate Hawk- last time he chatted to Danger the Poort board went ballistic on him and hasn't stopped.
Good on him being a gentleman and having Cats socks in his bottom drawer still.
From my lip reading it looked like he was being a smart ass to Tommy but I’m more disappointed that he reacted to the crowd after a win the way he did…it wasn’t that long ago the same crowd supported him

So he’s dead to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpire had made the call before that. What if Henry had kicked it straight to a Port player and the umpire had called advantage? You would have blamed the ump if course.

The umpire usually looks to see if the kick has advantaged the team before bringing the ball back. It’s a tough one to adjudicate, that’s for sure.

The umpire had made the call before that. What if Henry had kicked it straight to a Port player and the umpire had called advantage? You would have blamed the ump if course.
Every other sport that has an advantage rule give a certain amount of time as advantage
If the ball is immediately turned over is comes back for the free

This sport for some reason takes away the advantage after split second decisions and if they don't work out , well stiff shit

Its amateur shit and so easy to fix but they wont

Last edited:
A positive that didn't miss me at all but added context to the first 8 games is just how good Bruhn has been at playing a lone hand at centre clearances.

It was effectively non existent for us in the first half.

What I saw from Butters and JHF looked a lot like what Bruhn has been doing for us. He's so young and full of talent. Excited to see him flourish as time goes on.

I would like to experiment to see if we could get away without playing a conventional KPF and ruckmen. But they'd be zero chance that Blicavs and Cameron would be intact by the end of the year.

Irrelevant twaddle when JHF was near on best on ground. A second half better than the first does not absolve him.

Also do not want to hear a good word about Holmes. His performance on Rioli first half also pivotal in the result
Thought we could’ve done with Holmes through the middle tonight. Maybe Atkins to Rioli.

From my lip reading it looked like he was being a smart ass to Tommy but I’m more disappointed that he reacted to the crowd after a win the way he did

TBF he did wait for the siren, and it was close, so only human.
Funny, I'm a lip reader too, and all I got from the convo was: we won.
Might have missed the Sorry before that. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back