Review Good bad ugly vs Port Adelaide R8 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Fine if people don't rate Nicks - but he completely out coached Hinkley on Thursday.

It's bizarre to me how easily he outcoaches Hinkley and Voss but then struggles against... Brad Scott? Stewart Dew?

Is he only able to coach against coaches he worked with at Port?

Got nothing to do with the ridiculousness of people praising Ken for ******* up and owning up to it. Nicks has his own issues, but by god he’s not anywhere near as bad as Hinkley. (Yet, at least).

Ken gets zero credit. It was obviously a mistake, it was ****ing stupid.

I'd be pissed if we did that and would give no credit for owning it.

Owning it was his only option and just more bullshit PR.

Ken gets zero credit. It was obviously a mistake, it was ******* stupid.

I'd be pissed if we did that and would give no credit for owning it.

Owning it was his only option and just more bullshit PR.
He also took responsibility for their gameplan meaning their forwards were taking shots from not very good position which hasn’t helped their accuracy.

Now compare that to Nicks who changed our gameplan, slowed our ball movement and meaning we went from the best attack to the worst. He took no ownership of that and instead blamed the players. We will not make finals due to his coaching incompetence.

Thats why this is being discussed. But some are too precious to work it out.

He also took responsibility for their gameplan meaning their forwards were taking shots from not very good position which hasn’t helped their accuracy.

Now compare that to Nicks who changed our gameplan, slowed our ball movement and meaning we went from the best attack to the worst. He took no ownership of that and instead blamed the players. We will not make finals due to his coaching incompetence.

Thats why this is being discussed. But some are too precious to work it out.

I'm not giving Kenny any credit here, neither are large part of their fan base. This is his 12th year in charge. Feels ridiculous to even type that. 12 ****ing years.

Nicks needs replacing also.

Hinkley isn't the benchmark to be measured against.

Interesting numbers - Dawson with his equal season low for CBAs and Soligo the highest of all our midfielders

So you coming clean who you are?

And we are 3-5, likely to miss finals because Nicks sucks, so buckle up sunshine, you’ve got a year of it

Our season will be decided in the next 6 weeks with all but Collingwood being winnable games. We go 4-2 or 5-1.

This is my prediction at this stage

Home games - Wins against Brisbane, Eagles, Richmond, St Kilda, Hawks, Bulldogs and Power. Losses against Swans and GWS

Away games - Wins against Hawks. Losses against Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Brisbane and Swans.

IMG_0826.png

Last edited:
Why are Butters and Rozee being singled out for a comparison when there’s others draftees who actually play midfield early on?
Well I was responding to a question, but I assume just because they are young midfielders from Port who also started outside of the midfield and transitioned in later. It's a model that in my opinion fits some of our potential mids pretty well due to size/tank (Rachele, maybe Pedlar) and others are ready earlier or aren't as useful in other positions (Berry).

But yes some players are full-time mids from year one, others (including elite mids) take some time and transition in after they have more experience.

Our season will be decided in the next 6 weeks with all but Collingwood being winnable games. We go 4-2 or 5-1.

Home games - Wins against Brisbane, Eagles, Richmond, St Kilda, Hawks, Bulldogs and Power. Losses against Swans and GWS

Away games - Wins against Hawks. Losses against Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Brisbane and Swans.

View attachment 1981207
Yep, with the extra game you’re going to need 13 wins to get in.

I'm not giving Kenny any credit here, neither are large part of their fan base. This is his 12th year in charge. Feels ridiculous to even type that. 12 ******* years.

Nicks needs replacing also.

Hinkley isn't the benchmark to be measured against.
Again you’re missing the point. He’s not getting credit for his coaching record, which is actually better than Nicks by the way, he’s getting credit for owning up to his gameplan not being good enough, that’s in stark contrast to Nicks who changed his and instead blamed the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1981207
Fairly close. I do see danger games in the Brisbane one this week - we usually lose those we are favourites. And Brisbane still played well with their injuries - or Gold Coast are that bad

3 weeks ago I agree West Coast is a win but they have found a spark and is another danger game. St Kilda another I cant get a handle on.

Lets see how it plays out :)

Again you’re missing the point. He’s not getting credit for his coaching record, which is actually better than Nicks by the way, he’s getting credit for owning up to his gameplan not being good enough, that’s in stark contrast to Nicks who changed his and instead blamed the players.

All you're really saying is Ken is playing the media and fans better than Nicks.

Guess that's why he's the master and Nicks the apprentice.

All you're really saying is Ken is playing the media and fans better than Nicks.

Guess that's why he's the master and Nicks the apprentice.
He didn’t have to take ownership for the players poor kicking for goal. That’s not playing the media.

I agree Nicks is his apprentice though, both dodgy who have the media loving them so they escape criticism. The difference is though Hinkley can at least get his team into finals.

Fairly close. I do see danger games in the Brisbane one this week - we usually lose those we are favourites. And Brisbane still played well with their injuries - or Gold Coast are that bad

3 weeks ago I agree West Coast is a win but they have found a spark and is another danger game. St Kilda another I cant get a handle on.

Lets see how it plays out :)

Don’t disagree but if we are seriously want to get our season back on track those are games we need to win.

Now the big proviso is that Nicks doesn’t go back to his old ways - I don’t think he will given the output of Soligo in the midfield.

I just want to say...

How ******* good is beating Port? The high after a Showdown win just seems to last that little bit longer than any other team.

It's just good. Satisfying. The sun shines a little bit brighter, flowers are a bit more colourful.

Being back ahead in the ledger is lovely too. That felt eons away just a few years ago. Even if we lose the next game they can't take the lead until this time next year. Good times (everything else notwithstanding).

I just want to say...

How ******* good is beating Port? The high after a Showdown win just seems to last that little bit longer than any other team.
I love how posters on here are still milking this win all the way into Monday arvo especially more so given it was Thursday
game. :thumbsu:

I love how posters on here are still milking this win all the way into Monday arvo especially more so given it was Thursday
game. :thumbsu:
You bet! I've watched a replay of at least one qtr per day and intend to do so right up until we play again. 🤣 I've also watched our last 8 mins against Carlton a half a doz times 🤣

As much as I absolutely LOVE beating Poort, I still want to be realistic.

We fluked that win over CarLOLton, beat one of the worst teams since Fitzroy in Norf and then beat up on an injury riddled Poort with the emotional help of Sloaney retiring.

Even this week, Brisbane battered up and injured off a 6 day break versus our 9 day break...

Any way... Point is, form can sometimes be seducing.

As much as I absolutely LOVE beating Poort, I still want to be realistic.

We fluked that win over CarLOLton, beat one of the worst teams since Fitzroy in Norf and then beat up on an injury riddled Poort with the emotional help of Sloaney retiring.

Even this week, Brisbane battered up and injured off a 6 day break versus our 9 day break...

Any way... Point is, form can sometimes be seducing.

You can almost justify every win ever with stuff like that.

Lid's off, time to reignite the "do we ever lose again" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back