The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The article says you would get a $1,795 refund, if you still owed that much as of June 1 2023.

University fees in UK used to be means tested. Coming from a poor family I got my course and residence fees paid and a grant that covered living expenses. Was that a thing in Australia before the student loans system?

Before student loans University was free.

The article says you would get a $1,795 refund, if you still owed that much as of June 1 2023.

University fees in UK used to be means tested. Coming from a poor family I got my course and residence fees paid and a grant that covered living expenses. Was that a thing in Australia before the student loans system?

Silly me, I should never have paid it off haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had to put my dog to sleep today. It was an easier decision than I ever imaged that it would be. He just crashed yesterday evening/evening at home and the vets prognosis wasn’t good for him and given his age (14 and a half years old), there never was another choice.

I’ve had to put my dog to sleep today. It was an easier decision than I ever imaged that it would be. He just crashed yesterday evening/evening at home and the vets prognosis wasn’t good for him and given his age (14 and a half years old), there never was another choice.
Sad news. My dog is getting pretty old and I'm dreading the day he goes. They are just the best.

Sad news. My dog is getting pretty old and I'm dreading the day he goes. They are just the best.

Thank you mate. It can be a dreadful day but all you can really do is cherish the good times you had. My dog had his health battles the last 2-3 years and given his age (but still had a good quality of life), I think I mentally prepared myself for a day like today. It happened very quickly, like one minute he’s fine and next he’s not, that we knew this wasn’t like the other times.

It’s about an 13 year old photo but I love this one.

IMG_0458.jpeg

It's why I struggle to reconcile getting a dog, the ending because it's well before my used by date.

It's why I struggle to reconcile getting a dog, the ending because it's well before my used by date.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. This will be my last dog I have and what you said is a big reason why.

But the good times do outweigh the end so you take comfort in that.

Yeah, I can totally understand that. This will be my last dog I have and what you said is a big reason why.

But the good times do outweigh the end so you take comfort in that.
I get you. My other issue is the wife and I (with our impending largening of the family) want to spend a 3 or so months a year in the future in Australia so leaving a dog behind for that long is cruel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back