Football Related Random Thread - PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What are the best bays to sit in at the Gabba?

I’m still traumatised from round 1 when I was amongst what felt like 75k Blues supporters and want to make sure that doesn’t happen again with Tigers supporters in a couple of weeks…

July 23rd last year:

backing up homer simpson GIF
Classy own goal bump there Mr Rip!

He was just buttering us up for this absolute crime of a post
Kind of hope he just went to an anagram generator rather than realising it himself ... he could have gone with:
  • glamor irons
  • moral signor
  • Argo lions Mr
  • arm lions org
  • GM lions Rora
  • GM lions roar

Actually the best one is 'Mr Agro Lions' :)

Considering where we sit on the ladder we aren't positioned all that badly in this graphic (from Squiggle)

View attachment 1981562
We have only had 50 more points scored against us as compared to the best defensive team so far, it is just the offensive side of the game that we are struggling a bit. And a good portion of that is down to the goal kicking itself.
If we can get that right, watch out.

Kind of hope he just went to an anagram generator rather than realising it himself ... he could have gone with:
  • glamor irons
  • moral signor
  • Argo lions Mr
  • arm lions org
  • GM lions Rora
  • GM lions roar

Actually the best one is 'Mr Agro Lions' :)
Mr Ripper would most likely prefer Mr Agro Loins in that case.

Considering where we sit on the ladder we aren't positioned all that badly in this graphic (from Squiggle)

View attachment 1981562
Very unusual to see us at the boring end (far right) of that graphic. Previous years (and you're able to scroll back on that graphic on that page all the way back to 2000 I think) we have been in the exciting bit: the top end.

Champion Data's top 10 rated players in the game this season >

1- Isaac Heeney
2- Marcus Bontempelli
3- Bailey Dale
4- Elliot Yeo
5- Matt Rowell
6- Nick Daicos
7- Nick Blakey
8- Max Gawn
9- Isaac Rankine
10- Caleb Serong

1- Isaac Heeney
2- Marcus Bontempelli
3- Bailey Dale
4- Elliot Yeo
5- Matt Rowell
6- Nick Daicos
7- Nick Blakey
8- Max Gawn
9- Isaac Rankine
10- Caleb Serong
Didn’t Bailey Dale get dropped at one point?
Out of contract too I think, would love to try and get a hold of him, was he a Lions fan growing up?🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Bailey Dale get dropped at one point?
Out of contract too I think, would love to try and get a hold of him, was he a Lions fan growing up?🤔
The scuttlebutt is if Bevo stays a few could be looking for a way out of the Bulldogs eg. Dale and Macrae. Bailey Dale not OOC till 2027 so would have to be a trade, we are no chance.

1- Isaac Heeney
2- Marcus Bontempelli
3- Bailey Dale
4- Elliot Yeo
5- Matt Rowell
6- Nick Daicos
7- Nick Blakey
8- Max Gawn
9- Isaac Rankine
10- Caleb Serong
Since we all know that Nick Daicos is the Greatest of All Time you must realise that that list is mis/dis/mal information and should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such lies! 😎

Serious question. Are ACLs destined to happen. Eg if you had a time machine and could go back in time and warn Linc not to play because he does his ACL, is the ACL injury simply going to happen at training the following week or the next game? Or is that not how it works.

Serious question. Are ACLs destined to happen. Eg if you had a time machine and could go back in time and warn Linc not to play because he does his ACL, is the ACL injury simply going to happen at training the following week or the next game? Or is that not how it works.
Not sure if your question is philosophical more than physical. But if it's physical it's kind of the same thing I'm trying to get an understanding of here, whether it's merely the final event in a longer term build up of otherwise undetected stress and pressure on the knee.

Not sure if your question is philosophical more than physical. But if it's physical it's kind of the same thing I'm trying to get an understanding of here, whether it's merely the final event in a longer term build up of otherwise undetected stress and pressure on the knee.

Physical. In essence, at the point of doing the ACL is it a factor of the condition of the person's body on the day (so if they sat out the game they'd not do their ACL the following week) or their overall condition (so if they didn't play, they'd simply do their ACL the following week).

That’s deep man!

At the game I noticed after Darcy Gardiners second goal on the weekend he was leaning over and rubbing his right knee when setting up for the Centre bounce.
I think it was only about 2 minutes later that he did his knee and it completely gave way.
So maybe it had been weakened earlier in the game and that was just the final straw?

That’s deep man!

At the game I noticed after Darcy Gardiners second goal on the weekend he was leaning over and rubbing his right knee when setting up for the Centre bounce.
I think it was only about 2 minutes later that he did his knee and it completely gave way.
So maybe it had been weakened earlier in the game and that was just the final straw?
Watching the replay I also saw him land funny after jumping in a marking contest, during the first quarter. Wonder if that contributed somehow.

In my totally uneducated in injury issues mind there has to be a musculoskeletal weakness/imbalance somewhere in the body that contributes to an innocuous ACL tear(unlike Kiddy Coleman's impact cause) or a genetic problem.

A lot of players go their whole careers without tearing an ACL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back