Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Last edited by a moderator:
With the flag stickers and flags in front yards I often wonder who they are for.

What are you advertising about yourself?

What is it a signal for, when the only people seeing it are your neighbours and people you drive past? Do they not know about America? What the flag looks like?

Why do you need to display it?
Again this is just about the US flag or western flags like the UK or Aus flag.

You would have nothing to say if it was a Chinese flag or an Iranian flag.

If displaying flags are meaningless why to we need the pride flag?

Again this is just about the US flag or western flags like the UK or Aus flag.

You would have nothing to say if it was a Chinese flag or an Iranian flag.
What are you talking about?

If you live in America and display the American flag, I wonder what you're trying to say.

If displaying flags are meaningless why to we need the pride flag?

I didn't say it was meaningless. I wonder what the signal is when you display it on your car or on your lawn. What the meaning is to the person displaying it. What are they signalling.

This is so dumb.

I'd rather live in a society where my country's flag was seen as a sense of pride and not as something evil. Sue me

I'd rather live in a society that treated its poorest citizens well, held their politicians accountable for crimes, and didn't have mass shootings weekly.

'Respect for the flag' is a pretty long way down the list of my priorities for a society.

If you live in America and display the American flag, I wonder what you're trying to say.

I didn't say it was meaningless. I wonder what the signal is when you display it on your car or on your lawn. What the meaning is to the person displaying it. What are they signalling.
I would have thought if you live in the US and you are displaying the US flag you are displaying pride.

But let's turn it into something bad or a dog whisle for some made up nonsense.

Just need to creare a sad and miserable flag you can call your own.

I would have thought if you live in the US and you are displaying the US flag you are displaying pride.

OK - the next question is "pride in what"? Take the US example. Which aspects of the culture are you displaying pride in? Which are you excluding? What are you signalling?

Putting it beside a gun sticker - what are you signalling?

But let's turn it into something bad or a dog whisle for some made up nonsense.

Just need to creare a sad and miserable flag you can call your own.
None of this is in the content or intent of my posts.

This is so dumb.

I'd rather live in a society where my country's flag was seen as a sense of pride and not as something evil. Sue me
Aren't you an immigrant living in the UK?

Which flag do you fly?

And you keep leaving out the M16 sticker next to the flag. If someone had a China or Iran sticker next to an AK47 would you come running in here to defend them?

Which flag do you fly?

And you keep leaving out the M16 sticker next to the flag. If someone had a China or Iran sticker next to an AK47 would you come running in here to defend them?
Worse than the UK, England.

OK - the next question is "pride in what"? Take the US example. Which aspects of the culture are you displaying pride in? Which are you excluding? What are you signalling?

Putting it beside a gun sticker - what are you signalling?

None of this is in the content or intent of my posts.
Can't you just be proud to be American? Why does it have to mean something more?

You are just using the US flag as symbol of everything you hate about the US.

Can't you just be proud to be American? Why does it have to mean something more?

But what does 'being American' mean?

It's a country of ~ 340 million people, with fairly significant differences between states to the point that Texas and California could easily be totally separate countries.

Which flag do you fly?

I would say I'm equally proud to English and Australian. Why do I need to choose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what does 'being American' mean?

It's a country of ~ 340 million people, with fairly significant differences between states to the point that Texas and California could easily be totally separate countries.
It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Why do you want it to be a negative term?

Do you want everyone to focus on the drugs saga when they see an essendon flag?

It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Why do you want it to be a negative term?

Do you want everyone to focus on the drugs saga when they see an essendon flag?

Who said I 'want' it to a negative term?

Why do we have to adulate a flag?

The drug saga is certainly a part of Essendon's history, yes. Not everything the club does is all that's good and pure. The US certainly does plenty of things that deserve criticism.

The "something more" isn't needed - the something is in your first sentence. What does it mean to be American?

What does it mean to you? What does it mean to the person with a flag and gun sticker side by side?

And just as important what isn't included in "to be American"? What do not-Americans do? What do you have to do to be considered not-American? Is there only one set of values you can follow and practice to be American?

Is there only one "America"?

I am wondering what values they are aligning themselves with. What values they are signalling. See above.

Whether you like it or not, there are cultural values (and, dare I say it, virtues) that people are trying to signal when they put a flag up.

Are those values good for their society? Are they bad? Is it a mix?

The "something more" isn't needed - the something is in your first sentence. What does it mean to be American?

What does it mean to you? What does it mean to the person with a flag and gun sticker side by side?

And just as important what isn't included in "to be American"? What do not-Americans do? What do you have to do to be considered not-American? Is there only one set of values you can follow and practice to be American?

Is there only one "America"?

I am wondering what values they are aligning themselves with. What values they are signalling. See above.

Whether you like it or not, there are cultural values (and, dare I say it, virtues) that people are trying to signal when they put a flag up.

Are those values good for their society? Are they bad? Is it a mix?
This is just goobligook.

Either be proud off all the benefis your country has provided you with or focus on all the negatives.

Is there a country you'd rather be living in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back