2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shadeau Brain is very calm with ball in hand and shows great urgency in defence, lot of competition in his area of the ground to grab an AFL spot though, I think he played forward as a junior.

Riley Greene looking good as well.
Yeah as good as Brain has been in the VFL this year, small defender/half back is arguably the only position in the senior team we don’t have an open spot up for grabs or there for the taking. Particularly with Answerth performing well and McKenna back in the mix.

Would love for Morris and Reville to replace Gardiner and Ah Chee though.

Yeah as good as Brain has been in the VFL this year, small defender/half back is arguably the only position in the senior team we don’t have an open spot up for grabs or there for the taking. Particularly with Answerth performing well and McKenna back in the mix.

Would love for Morris and Reville to replace Gardiner and Ah Chee though.

McKenna should not be safe. He looked so underdone. Meanwhile Brain is humming.

Morris looks very sharp. Football brain. One for the future and probably needs to be in the seniors next week or in the coming weeks. Reville also looks a class above the rest when he has the ball in hand. He just has to keep the work rate up. Tunstill needs to do more after that qtr.

McKenna should not be safe. He looked so underdone. Meanwhile Brain is humming.
Tough on McKenna. Was brilliant last year, should have some credits in the bank. With a couple games to build match fitness I view McKenna as a lock.

Don't get me wrong, love the look of Brain and would be great to see him get a senior berth. I just think that role is covered in the seniors right now as opposed to pretty much every other spot on the ground with injury gaps or underperforming players.

Reville, Morris, Brain and Smith.

Brain already seems to provide a bit more than Prior who is playing a similar role but might have to wait for an opportunity. A smart player.

Reville just seems to have more X factor than a lot of the hybrid mid/forward options we have. Just up his work rate a little bit. He has a knack of knowing when to release the ball.

Morris would offer more offensively than Gardiner up forward I think.

Smith is a longer term project but if Oscar isn’t ready yet I am not sure Smith would go worse than Fort against the likes of Witts for example.

If I was looking at it objectively, Suns have a lot of debutants in their team this year which evens things out somewhat. Throw a couple in.

Perhaps Reville in for Lohmann, Henry for Fort unless Oscar can come back in, Morris for Gardiner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tough on McKenna. Was brilliant last year, should have some credits in the bank. With a couple games to build match fitness I view McKenna as a lock.

Don't get me wrong, love the look of Brain and would be great to see him get a senior berth. I just think that role is covered in the seniors right now as opposed to pretty much every other spot on the ground with injury gaps or underperforming players.

I'm not advocating he be dropped off his week, but would want to look a hell of a lot better than he has the past two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back