NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Very intesting game this week with Fitzroy vs Parade. I think this will give us an idea of where both teams are at.

Heidelberg West look like they have gone backwards in a hurry. Let's hope we don't see them go all the way back and join Lalor and Reservoir in the coming years. Wouldn't surprise me though.

Very intesting game this week with Fitzroy vs Parade. I think this will give us an idea of where both teams are at.

Heidelberg West look like they have gone backwards in a hurry. Let's hope we don't see them go all the way back and join Lalor and Reservoir in the coming years. Wouldn't surprise me though.
The cricket club who use the same name and ground disbanded last year. Not looking good.

The cricket club who use the same name and ground disbanded last year. Not looking good.
Gone a bit hard there I reckon Max. WH have always battled on for the best of 20+ years for all I can remember. They missed finals on % in 2023 and haven’t started the year as they would have expected. Looking at socials have had strong numbers so I’m not sure how comparing them to a club that folded playing a dying sport in cricket is comparable. Lol

Last edited:

Once Lalor and Reserboir beat them it won’t be long

Gone a bit hard there I reckon Max. WH have always battled on for the best of 20+ years for all I can remember. They missed finals on % in 2023 and haven’t started the year as they would have expected. Looking at socials have had strong numbers so I’m not sure how comparing them to a club that folded playing a dying sport in cricket is comparable. Lol
They’ve played Parade and Mernda, hardly an easy start. If the Gastro rumours true then it’s only harder.

They’ve got netball, girls footy and 2 boys teams, hardly comparable to a cricket club who has struggled for a long time.

Unfortunately west missing finals hurt them badly. They had a pretty good side.

They’ve played Parade and Mernda, hardly an easy start. If the Gastro rumours true then it’s only harder.

They’ve got netball, girls footy and 2 boys teams, hardly comparable to a cricket club who has struggled for a long time.

Was told West played on the maximum player points last game. If true maybe recruits haven’t started as well as expected.

Great to hear. They have a great history.

Was told West played on the maximum player points last game. If true maybe recruits haven’t started as well as expected.

43 points according to PlayHQ.

They get a couple back this week and arguably their best starting line up all year, as we lose a couple from last week. I would imagine it will be a tight game at the Chicken - so get along and enjoy some local footy.

43 points according to PlayHQ.

They get a couple back this week and arguably their best starting line up all year, as we lose a couple from last week. I would imagine it will be a tight game at the Chicken - so get along and enjoy some local footy.
Selwood staying in the team is good. Thought he may have missed having commitments with Collingwood AFL playing the arvo game but the night game schedule must help that!

Selwood staying in the team is good. Thought he may have missed having commitments with Collingwood AFL playing the arvo game but the night game schedule must help that!
Any game he can play Bertie is a GREAT result for us!!!

Losing Close, our co-captain and another with others already out - not as good. But that's what happens over the course of a season and you play with what you have. Should be a good game with West wanting to get a win and get their season rolling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mappa you owe us a keg .... Scooter made sure he played VFL 😂
#jo#joking
West will go on. Most (not all) clubs with a long history has someone that cares enough to drive the club forward.

Expect a tight game with West tonight. Hoping for a Hoes win, a good crowd, and a catch up with old mate's.

P.S. will raise a toast tonight to my old mate Grant Reinke who represented both clubs with pride.

I think you are being a tad too harsh they are at least 120 points better off defensively and about 30 to 40 points offensively if was they coach it would be positive messaging to the group that they are on the right track
Agree as my post stated they will get better and better, they will win today against Kilmore 👍

A broken clocks right twice a day? Footyhead could be on here

St Francis OPs cricket club folded, the footy club kept going

Remove this Banner Ad

Back