Preview Cats V North Sun April 14 1pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
unpopular take coming. I reckon it wouldnt be all that bad if we dropped this one at home. Lose to a lessor team at home would be a big smack to the face to keep the team on the edge. If we do make the finals, we wont be playing north again anyway.

Sometimes things are unpopular for good reason.

unpopular take coming. I reckon it wouldnt be all that bad if we dropped this one at home. Lose to a lessor team at home would be a big smack to the face to keep the team on the edge. If we do make the finals, we wont be playing north again anyway.

Undefeated in preseason + home and away so far, let's keep it rolling.

I think the smack in the face is more likely to come next week v the Lions.

Happy to bank what I think will be much needed 4 points this week.

Personally, I'd prefer to win this one and also win the ones afterward. The idea that a loss one week is somehow connected to wins in the follow weeks is generally a bit fanciful.

There's also a difference between having a bad day and dropping a game that you should win but might not (such as, for example, StKilda at home, or Gold Coast away), and dropping a game against a complete cellar dweller team like North.

I'd disagree with it for these reasons:

• We need the win.
  • Losing to this Nth side kills our young players confidence.
  • Terrible start for O'Sullivan's career
  • No one at the club isn't on edge about Brisbane, Carlton, Melbourne, Port, Suns, Giants in the next 6 games.

what a stupid take lmfao

good teams should be poleaxing a team like north at home, not dropping a game to them.

That will be one of the more unpopular of unpopular takes I’d say.

Do you think the club are being complacent?

If you mean the supporters, we don't change anything. North can be competitive. A standard 8 goal win rather than a 150 point stocking filler is what I'm expecting. Is that complacent? If it is hopefully Hawkins doesn't read my post and tell the team.

You might be surprised how many debs (like actors) google their own name. Reddit answers first unless they punch in BF. Source of motivation and amusement.

With hindsight would be an unacceptable loss if we're held out by percentage.
StonedCat has a better take with his usual pre game motivational slogan.

Agreed, take her easy fellas :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Place it in the outrageous claims thread and you'll be the undisputed winner there

North are a free 4 points especially for a team pushing for finals, losing AT HOME to NORTH would be utterly disastrous and would destroy everyones confidence. I would rather batter north and lose to the Lions at the GABBA rather than lose to North and beat the Lions.

I guess the question could be, if you had to choose one game to lose from the year's home and away fixture, which would you choose? North at home in round 5 wouldn't be high on my list. I'd go GC Rd 10 trip to the NT. Just send a b team and get out of it injury free.

I remember we gave away pick 21 to the Saints to get Rhys Stanley, and they used it to pick Hugh Goddard, who many considered at the time to be a potential future AA defender. There was panic and outrage that we let such a terrific young talent go for Stanley. Ten years later, Hugh Goddard only managed to play 12 AFL games (Injuries) and finished his career as a rookie at Carlton in 2018. Meanwhile, Rhys has gone on to become a good ruckman in a Premiership-winning team. Congrats on 200 games, Rhys.

God damn… got me haha.

Ok let’s just win every game then.
There's some serious irony that the only two teams we'll get to play at KP in finals are the two teams we DON'T want to play there.

It might as well be the Giants second home ground, and Freos defensive gameplan clogs up the skinny ground completely.

I'd honestly be more confident playing both of them at the 'G.

You're 100% correct in that your post was an unpopular take

If it was round 18 and we were still undefeated, you might have a point.

The Port loss in '07 did us wonders IMO. Kept the group on edge and made sure we weren't going to think we could just walk in and win the flag.

In round 5 though, you need every win you can get. It doesn't have to be pretty, but you just have to win.

We've got a really tough two months coming up. There's going to plenty of potential 'honourable losses' in that stretch, but this one isn't one of them.

Where’s your head at Gilbert?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back