• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel it is pretty clear that Bruhn is making a leap this year, he isn't the finished product by any means but he is absolutely growing into his role in the side and improving week on week... I think that is all we need and can ask at this point. He is 21 FFS.... there is a LOT of footy and all of his best footy ahead of him

Yeah if it's a structural thing sure. But he's never posted high numbers before I think where others have. I won't panic but will be keeping an eye on it
His numbers are slowly getting better with the same amount of TOG and eventually will be very good/pretty much are good now

As he gets older i see us putting his TOG up to 70-75% as his body will be able to handle it more easily.

Perhaps we look poor as everyone else is tired trying to make up the TOG that Bruhn is unable to play. This wouldn't be a concern if he could play another position but he can't.

He has improved big time in regards to his disposal numbers but gets chopped up on the spread on the regular. Was given an absolute lesson by Worpel yesterday along with 6 clangers and very poor disposal efficiency. I'm hoping that his poor disposal and defensive running will improve with fitness but his TOG tells me he still has a long way to go.
I'm watching the first half again and Bruhn is not Worpel's opponent. It's a combination of Clark and Atkins. Edit: halfway through the second term it is then Parfitt who switches onto him.

It'll be interesting to see if this changes in the second half or if you thought you could flat out get away with making something up.

Yep. I remember in 2006 one commentator saying the only player he'd cross the road to watch was Gary Ablett and he'd never make the most of his talent. Yet that team included Scarlett, Enright, Johnson, Chapman, Corey, Bartel, Ling, Mooney, Milburn, Ottens, etc.
I have to admit, especially after our crap start to '07, I felt the same way.

Perhaps we look poor as everyone else is tired trying to make up the TOG that Bruhn is unable to play. This wouldn't be a concern if he could play another position but he can't.
How is it Tanner Bruhn's fault that the coaching team leaves him on the bench?
FWIW, it seems pretty clear that all of our mids bar Blicavs (who is a freak) play 60% to 70% of each game.

He has improved big time in regards to his disposal numbers but gets chopped up on the spread on the regular. Was given an absolute lesson by Worpel yesterday along with 6 clangers and very poor disposal efficiency. I'm hoping that his poor disposal and defensive running will improve with fitness but his TOG tells me he still has a long way to go.
Third quarter it's Bruhn vs Nash, Bruhn to the bench and then Bruhn vs Newcombe, who seems intent on handing it straight back to Bruhn. Atkins is on Worpel. Several times Atkins loses him at the stoppage, or moves deeper on transition and the ball is swept out the back to his opponent. That opponent? It's Worpel.

There wasn't even really a reason to lie about it as Nash had some nice moments opposed to Bruhn (who then replied in turn), so you still could've spun it the way you wanted.

Edit: 4th quarter and at early stoppages we have Holmes on Worpel, then Duncan inside Hawthorn's inside 50. At 15:30 we finally get Bruhn on Worpel for one stoppage which neither of them win. Bruhn then goes back onto Newcombe and later Nash. When Worpel gets back off the bench Bowes is lined up on him and gets a clearance goal assist. Finally with 10 minutes left Bruhn is on Worpel, who gets a smothered clearance, but then it's Bowes on him around the ground.

I guess you saw Worpel had the most disposals and was their most prolific, so tried to throw the Bruhn match up on him.

Tsk tsk.

Last edited:
To me he an ideal addition ... and has already proven to be well worth the trade cost. If we can find another deal/trade like him ...id trade our R1 this year in a heart beat.

Smith? Add a healthy and in form Smith to our list and we'd be looking set for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith? Add a healthy and in form Smith to our list and we'd be looking set for a while.

He is probably the most likely ...and yes a fit smith would add to our group fro sure. In theory , he would be a similar addition to Danger....

but was more thinking about a draftee just turned OOC , perhaps an ex Falcon that would like to come home... not many like that. WE seem to have liked the 2020 draft ... a few name that are OOC would fit into the group we are building ..Perkins is probably the only one Id give our R1 for. Grabbing Stone or Anguin would be ironic

He is probably the most likely ...and yes a fit smith would add to our group fro sure. In theory , he would be a similar addition to Danger....

but was more thinking about a draftee just turned OOC , perhaps an ex Falcon that would like to come home... not many like that. WE seem to have liked the 2020 draft ... a few name that are OOC would fit into the group we are building ..Perkins is probably the only one Id give our R1 for. Grabbing Stone or Anguin would be ironic
I’d give up our round 1 for Bailey Scott
I know he chose North over us but the kid can play

Back